What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players signing for new clubs more than 12 months in advance is destroying the game

Said it earlier...

Now that he's signed elsewhere he becomes untenable for 2018 at Souths. Given we can't stick him in reserves anymore, due to the RLPA then we should be doing everything in our power to trade him off to the Roosters a year earlier in exchange for one or two players that will come to us looking for opportunity.

I'll take Mitchell and Manu thanks. That seems a fair swap.

Spot On

Coach
Why not?

These players/RLPA are given too much control.

Any other business, you go to a competitor and being walked or shoved into another area is common practise and accepted as fair game.

You've just answered your own question - players, managers and the RLPA have the control in the world of Toddy and the 'new' NRL.

Personally, I'd punt him to reserves unless injuries became a factor.

I wanted the same thing with Tapine when he signed with another club and the same with Gagai, only I wanted him dropped just as Hodko was - for piss poor form. After he signed with Souths he should have been punted for a good young outside back to debut and get a taste for firsts but Brown no doubt did not want the flack.

I would hope Seibold has the balls for it but I doubt it will happen.

OVP

Coach
Said it earlier...

Now that he's signed elsewhere he becomes untenable for 2018 at Souths. Given we can't stick him in reserves anymore, due to the RLPA then we should be doing everything in our power to trade him off to the Roosters a year earlier in exchange for one or two players that will come to us looking for opportunity.

I'll take Mitchell and Manu thanks. That seems a fair swap.

Swap ? With you lot ? Why would we want to do that ? You really shouldn't have booted our juniors out of your comp. It's just a shame there's no one else worthy to steal, otherwise it would have got a lot worse. But don't worry, as soon as you get another good kid we'll steal him too to keep you down the bottom of the comp where you belong. Karma is a bitch. Surely to Christ you lot can't be that stupid where you didn't expect payback for banning our kids. Surely.

p.s. expect more.

Liddell

Juniors
Swap ? With you lot ? Why would we want to do that ? You really shouldn't have booted our juniors out of your comp. It's just a shame there's no one else worthy to steal, otherwise it would have got a lot worse. But don't worry, as soon as you get another good kid we'll steal him too to keep you down the bottom of the comp where you belong. Karma is a bitch. Surely to Christ you lot can't be that stupid where you didn't expect payback for banning our kids. Surely.

p.s. expect more.

Yet you’ve won what? One more comp in 40 odd years?

You lot make out as if you’re manly or Melbourne that win one regularly.

If that was my club buying every best player around I’d set my standards a little higher than just being better than Souths.

p.s. expect more.

Now you're just getting greedy tbh.

Fact is... You didn't even steal one of our juniors on this occasion, you've essentially paid a motza to take one of yours back.

You guys have had a couple of wins in the recruitment stakes and you're right to be cocky. All the planets have aligned to the point where you've managed to make a few big signings all in one hit. Fact of the matter is that the cap will eventually catch up with you. Also won't help that you keep signing big name recruits on massive contracts and paying unders for your loyal players that are already on the books.

I'm sure some of your established rep stars are probably already starting to wonder why they're on six figures when a bloke that's played 30 games of NRL and hasn't yet made a rep team is on seven. There's already plenty of rumors floating around about a few Roosters boys with noses out of joint.

No matter how good an operator Uncle Nick is, eventually the rest of the market will catch up with him. Besides... He's due to retire in the very near future. In fact, this Cooper Cronk contract probably sees Nick out as well. Lets see what happens then.

OVP

Coach
Yet you’ve won what? One more comp in 40 odd years?

You lot make out as if you’re manly or Melbourne that win one regularly.

If that was my club buying every best player around I’d set my standards a little higher than just being better than Souths.

We do this, on the average, every 4 to 5 years. It's a slow build-up where we hardly buy anyone, and then BAM we sign 3-4 good players and everyone of you TV-educated r-tards blow up deluxe. How come a shithouse club like Parra can buy 10+ players in a single hit, and no one bats an eyelid ? And yet we buy 3-4 and everyone cracks the shits ? Go back to TV-land and give back the internet to your betters, pleb.

OVP

Coach
No matter how good an operator Uncle Nick is, eventually the rest of the market will catch up with him. Besides... He's due to retire in the very near future. In fact, this Cooper Cronk contract probably sees Nick out as well. Lets see what happens then.

Don't worry, I'm sure Mark Bouris will still make you all hate us just as much as Nick did. Dude has probably even more money than Nick.

Thadius

Juniors
Bozo wouldn't know how to coach a team that wasn't ready-made for victory, he might've accidentally found a few 'newies' along the way but without Arko's poaching the clown would've starved to f**king death

Bozo knew talent and knew it well.

He got in the ears of young players and their fathers. Given who he was and his outstanding achievements, those fathers listened intently and many of their kids pulled on the Manly guernsey later on.

As for this swap nonsense, I doubt it is even worth exploring, as Easts wouldn't give you anyone that is half decent in return for Angus.

Angus must play for Souths in 2018, he is much needed and he will deliver.

Canard

Immortal

He got in the ears of young players and their fathers. Given who he was and his outstanding achievements, those fathers listened intently and many of their kids pulled on the Manly guernsey later on.

As for this swap nonsense, I doubt it is even worth exploring, as Easts wouldn't give you anyone that is half decent in return for Angus.

To go to the trouble of creating a troll account, then post this??

Here we are not even having finished 2017 and we have a player (Crichton) who has come to an agreement with another club for 2019. I have been following this game and supporting the Rabbitohs for 50 years. I used to truely love the game of rugby league. Some things that have happened in recent times like Crichtons case has taken a fair bit of my love for the game away. It would not surprise me if Crichton ends up with the Roosters come next season. I read this morning that Codey Walker is looking for a new team in 2018.

I am the first to admit that the NRL is a business, and needs to be ran as one to survive. But there is no way players should be able to come to agreement with new clubs so far in advance.
Cry moar

POPEYE

Coach

Qld salutes you Bob

Latest posts