What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players, the best and worst public speakers.?

legs 11

Juniors
For the game to grow we have to appeal to new audiences, not just the blue collar variety. The days of being a hard case boof head needs to go and smart athletes need to get the nod.
My best speakers : shaun Johnson, DCE.????????

Worst: Sam Thaiday ??????

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
For the game to grow we have to appeal to new audiences, not just the blue collar variety. The days of being a hard case boof head needs to go and smart athletes need to get the nod.
My best speakers : shaun Johnson, DCE.????????

Worst: Sam Thaiday ??????
So much irony..

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Old school players who are articulate.

George Peponis

Nathan Gibbs

Truly educated people who could string more than five words together without having to think about the next one.

A certain Dragons half back from the late 1970s used to look at his hands while speaking to a commentator. It was almost like he was counting the letters in attempt to construct a word. And f**ked if I can remember his name.

T-Boon

Coach
The best is DCE. Have to admit I don't recall hearing Shaun Johnson.

DCE almost seems like a fish out of water. I am not surprised to hear he is unpopular with a lot of the knuckle dragging dopes in the game like Watmaugh and most of the Qld origin team. Who does he think he is with his proper talk and good posture?

The worst are the guys who are in leadership positions and generally the Roosters guys (who are in direct competition with Swans and Waratahs guys - who talk good.).
Boyd Cordner for example. Read this morning he is in line for next Kangaroo captain. He badly needs elocution lessons. He always says "massive" and "to tell you the truth". He looks like he lacks confidence. Get him to toastmasters. There should be an NRL toastmasters club. Make it compulsory for the club leadership groups.

The worst, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is James Maloney. He is a leader and role model to the young players and somehow a TV personality despite his head and his dumb talk. He sounds like a guy who has taken a lot of shots to the head. The worst possible advertisement for RL.

The Marshall

Juniors
Worst is Aaron Woods how he has a gig on NRL360 is beyond me.

One of the best is Gavin Cooper I only saw the odd interview up until this year. Since he took over being captain he has got a lot more exposure and is pretty impressive.

Incorrect

Coach
I actually love listening to the Ross Dog on Fox. He comes across as very down to earth, I guess its due to the fact he’s had a job in the mines and has a bit more life experience than 90% of league players.
Yeah heard him doing a spot of commentary for ABC radio for the central coast grand final that Terrigal won. He was very good

ed-grimley

Bench
The best is DCE. Have to admit I don't recall hearing Shaun Johnson.

DCE almost seems like a fish out of water. I am not surprised to hear he is unpopular with a lot of the knuckle dragging dopes in the game like Watmaugh and most of the Qld origin team. Who does he think he is with his proper talk and good posture?

The worst are the guys who are in leadership positions and generally the Roosters guys (who are in direct competition with Swans and Waratahs guys - who talk good.).
Boyd Cordner for example. Read this morning he is in line for next Kangaroo captain. He badly needs elocution lessons. He always says "massive" and "to tell you the truth". He looks like he lacks confidence. Get him to toastmasters. There should be an NRL toastmasters club. Make it compulsory for the club leadership groups.

The worst, beyond a shadow of a doubt, is James Maloney. He is a leader and role model to the young players and somehow a TV personality despite his head and his dumb talk. He sounds like a guy who has taken a lot of shots to the head. The worst possible advertisement for RL.
I think that's how Jimmy is - at least he's a bit interesting.
DCE is probably bypassed by Queensland because they consider him too intellectual.
Gillett is possibly the most basic I'm aware of.

Latest posts