What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players, the best and worst public speakers.?

Valheru

Coach
DCE is clearly the best speaker, very articulate.

Pearce and Cordner have both copped criticism here but both are quite good, they just have bogan voices.

Jake friend has to be up there with the worst, i am not sure he is speaking English. Dylan Napa is also woeful.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Cronk,Smith,Slater, DCE, G Cooper all come to mind.

What stood out for me over gf weekend was the difference in players speeches at the end. Cooper/ smith both spoke great and the afl spastics were terrible. We schooled them on that.

There is an article in today’s paper about a potential marketing pool for 1/2 players per team. Which I think would be a great thing. On top of having these players getting extra they could also get media training. A great example was JT. Does anyone here think cowboys would of got that stadium if he didn’t say something at the gf? There are opportunities all the time to get good media attention. Let’s use it.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Old school players who are articulate.

George Peponis

Nathan Gibbs

Truly educated people who could string more than five words together without having to think about the next one.

A certain Dragons half back from the late 1970s used to look at his hands while speaking to a commentator. It was almost like he was counting the letters in attempt to construct a word. And f**ked if I can remember his name.

Yes agree about Nathan Gibbs, had some dealing with him over the years and he is a very articulate man. George Peponis was good too.

soc123_au

Staff member
As mentioned Gavin Cooper. He always came across as the quiet achiever, so it was surprising to hear how well he speaks.

no name

Coach
DCE is clearly the best speaker, very articulate.

Pearce and Cordner have both copped criticism here but both are quite good, they just have bogan voices.

Jake friend has to be up there with the worst, i am not sure he is speaking English. Dylan Napa is also woeful.
Pearce is quite good?
Maybe if you are wanting to hear from a half baked skeg.
He is far from the worst, but gee he could do without the whole 'I don't give a f**k' attitude when he speaks.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
Best is cronk.
Worst is a tough one. Blake Ferguson? Gallen? Fifita?
The biggest problem is they all want to sound like hard merkins. Ffs you're a professional league player we already know.