What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players we should target for 2018.

Rabbits20

Immortal
All those players were paid major overs for what they're worth. They would not of made a big difference in the Souths pack for what we would of been paying them.
How do we know they were paid overs???

They may not have been....

Some of them are cheap......

Also all those guys were pretty much coming off contract.........

Also the squad of 40 will have to be cut to 30 anyway......

I'd go with:

9 backs:
3 halves
2 hookers
16 forwards

Fui can cover backs and Farah can cover halves too.....

No space for Gagan there....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Seunmanufagai
Ese'ese
Lillyman
Evans
Pulu
Earl (I'd have definitely taken him)
P. Kaufusi
Moga
Griffin
Latimore
Fonua
T. Milne
Matulino

There were options there.......

Should've kept Goodwin and Gosiewski.

The roster that is worse than ours is the Titans.... currently they only have 20 contracted players....

Ese'ese, Matulino, Moga were all signed on massive overs. Matulino is on 800k a year or something outrageous.

Lillyman, griffin are catching on now and we wouldn't need either of them. Latimore is no better than Nicholls..

Milne, Fonua are both arguably reserve graders. Fonua would be no better than kennar.

That leaves Patrick Kaufusi, Evans and Seun. (Earl is the biggest risk ever so no thanks).

Patrick kaufusi was never going to come to Souths when his brother is at the storm.

Seun and Evans are 2 targets that we probably should've considered but I honestly believe Seun was stolen by the sharks before any other club could even consider signing him. Evans is a massive risk. He is very hot and cold but I would of taken him.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ese'ese, Matulino, Moga were all signed on massive overs. Matulino is on 800k a year or something outrageous.

Lillyman, griffin are catching on now and we wouldn't need either of them. Latimore is no better than Nicholls..

Milne, Fonua are both arguably reserve graders. Fonua would be no better than kennar.

That leaves Patrick Kaufusi, Evans and Seun. (Earl is the biggest risk ever so no thanks).

Patrick kaufusi was never going to come to Souths when his brother is at the storm.

Seun and Evans are 2 targets that we probably should've considered but I honestly believe Seun was stolen by the sharks before any other club could even consider signing him. Evans is a massive risk. He is very hot and cold but I would of taken him.
I rate Fonua more than Kennar and I have seen both play....

I'm much more looking forward to Kennar over Gagan though......

As I said Gagan won't make the 30 man squad.... 9 backs already ahead of him....

You asked to list players and that's what I have done....... there has been players out there but then the wooden spooners of the past 2 years release a couple of ordinary guys and we snap them up.... no other club in the comp would take those blokes except a NSW Cup side......

Milne excites me and I've seen him play. He's a good prospect...... he runs very hard....

We need to take a risk sometimes as well.......

Latimore is way better than Nicholls. The bloke can run over 100metres a game and Nicholls can't do that........... seriously.....

He has more experience and has proven himself somewhat as being handy has Latimore......

rabbitohs95

Bench
So you still think we are looking to sign players?
Hope you are not referring to the x2 from Newcastle
I'm just saying that the club still might not have sorted the contracts of those players yet; I think there was a foxsports article that said Stockwell had a verbal agreement and hadn't signed anything as he was on holiday. There's still plenty of time to make signings anyway, who knows.

greg jay

Juniors
You can't just talk about how shit our recruitment is without having a list of your own. I actually think Souths have done a good job but I would like to see some of the suggestions, other Souths supporters can come up with who constantly bash Souths recruitment.

I'll start off. Josh Morris. He is contracted to the dogs but I'm pretty sure they're still struggling with the cap. I'd love to take him for half the price. Would really fill up the backline.

Everybody else's turn.
Gopher Indian him say Kaitlin Jenner better than slow coach Josh Malaka.

Latest posts