What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please explain?!? the 7's Draw to me...

Aries

Bench
I was under the presumption that if you lost a game in your "Group" that unless someone else lost one to, you could only make the "also rans" final...

Even if the top 2 go through, WHY did we have to play wests/tigers in the Quaters, as they finished top of their group also?

How the foik did Parra make the Finals, as we beat them in the first game?

I am confused???!

Anyway, well done to the Tigers on their win!!

bubs

Juniors
They ran the thing under different rules this year.
The winners of each POOL (Sharks, Tigers, DragQueens, Cowboys, Tonga and France- I think) made it to the 2nd round.
Then of the teams who finished 2nd in the pools, they took the two best (on for and against) to play in the repecharge match. (Penrith and the Squeels). The Squeels won that so they played Tonga in the quarter finals. Then they won their way to the final.
Sharks got beaten by the Tigers in the Quarter Finals, so they were instantly knocked out.

Macca

Coach
Sharks won pool A
Tigers won pool B
Cowboys won pool C
Dragons won pool D
Sea Eagles won pool E
Tonga won pool F
PNG won pool G

The next 2 best placed teams (for and against) played off for the remaining spot.

Parra beat Penrith.

These were the results.

Fulltime: Eels 24 - Panthers 10
QF Pool A v Pool B - 2.40pm (Half: Sharks 10-7) Fulltime: Sharks 10 - Tigers 18
QF Pool C v Pool D: - 3.00pm (Half: Cowboys 10-6) Fulltime: Dragons 18 - Cowboys 10
QF Pool E v Pool F - 4.00pm (Half: Sea Eagles 13-7) Fulltime: Sea Eagles 21 - Tonga 14
QF Pool G v winner Repechage - 4.20pm (Half: Eels 11-4) Fulltime: PNG 15 - Eels 31

Tigers then beat Dragons
Parra then beat Manly

Tigers beat Parra in final.

We would have been better off going through the repecharge.

BTW - Endeavour High won the schoolboys version 38 - 0 in that final. :D

Aries

Bench
So WE had to play the Tigers, and Parra got to play Tonga or PNG??!!! :?

Guess we should have let Parra beat us... :oops:

RICHO

Juniors
The draw was a joke.
If you won your group, basically you played another NRL team.
If you finished runner-up, you went through the repecharge, and then got a free ride trought to the Semi-finals (lets face it, PNG are hardly a threat!).

The repecharge teams should have been made to face up to a tougher game than that. They didn't deserve favours after losing early.

carcharias

Immortal
I agree as well , its just un-Australian to get beaten first game and the get a 2nd chance.
I was under the impression that it was a knockout competition.

RICHO

Juniors
ShireShark, that word is for losers!!!
It's some kind of bullshit word that was made up by people who never won their first game!!!

beerboy

Juniors
as with last year
we beat Cowboys and Bulldogs in our pools and they came away with the minor trophys, better than a semi loss to souths me feels

Alan Shore

First Grade
The draw needs to be changed. It seems quite stupid that the Eels could finish 2nd in the group and somehow make the final. Frankly I still don't quite understand it.

Houdini

First Grade
why have the repecharge game anyway???????
I would have been pretty dirty if parra went on to win the sevens again after getting a 2nd chance

I'm actually glad Parramatta made the finals because that low merkin turncoat Adam Dykes got injured in the finals. Looked like yet another shoulder dislocation. I'd been cheering for that in the games I watched.

:lol: :lol:

bazza

Immortal
Houdini said:
why have the repecharge game anyway???????
I would have been pretty dirty if parra went on to win the sevens again after getting a 2nd chance

The good thing about the repecharge is that if the two best teams were in the same pool - then they could still both progress

I agree though that the repecharge winner had an easier quarter final

RICHO said:
ShireShark, that word is for losers!!!
It's some kind of bullsh*t word that was made up by people who never won their first game!!!

Well done Richo, repechage is in fact a French word.

Latest posts