What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, not Carlaw on the wing again...

Ribs

Bench
Watching yesterdays game, it was pretty obvious that Carlaw never dropped back on the fourth or the fifth for the kick, and a couple of times he seems to realise at the last second and rush back. I know he has played wing before but he looked very much out of place. The kick for touch from Walker int hat second half should have been covered also, but was allowed to bounce before going into touch, again, Carlaw wasnt back for it even with that wind.

Ben Creagh should be a certain starter against the Dogs.

I just though Manly's defence was great yesterday and our attack was horrible again. No backline and no depth and Timmins wasnt impressive in the 6.

Southernsaint

Staff member
It was so frustrating watching Saints in attack yesterday.

Timmins showed no creativity with the ball & was always looking to push the extra pass that was never on - he's not the answer for that position. The last tackle options & kicking game were off, too.

A very dissapointing loss, seeing as the 2 points should have been a banker at the start of the season - the club must rebound with extreme prejudice against C*nterbury...

Cheers,
Ben S.

Simon

Juniors
I agree Carlaw shouldn't be in the side. Creagh or even David Howell would be a beeter option. Carlaw has size but he doesn't use it. His runs from dummy half were worse then Blacklock's and he doesn't offer what Blacklock does.

Our attack I think was hampered by the injury to Head. He played his worst game this season and when he came off, Riddell played halfback. Our kicking game really suffered without Hornby and Barrett to back up Head. There were no options.

saddog

Juniors
I heard today that Ben Creagh made a great contribution in the forwards when he came on, really belted a few blokes and they coughed up the pill.

He is destined to be a backrower of the future, but better suited to centre than wing.