What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG Prime Ministers XIII vs AUS Prime Ministers XIII

mxlegend99

Referee
So did Hunt take over kicking because Moylan was benched? Who are the stand outs ?

Last edited:

winnyason

Juniors
I won't quote a post i read before, but ofcourse we are meant to win but we still play that is nature of international sport. Ireland a big rugby nation has never beaten the all blacks never ever.
Png did gain a draw in 2007, in there history have scalps of the poms at home, and kiwis., a few wins of france as well.
As much as a test it id recognition of nrl boys what league means to these people, remember the nrl now has pacific strategy fiji nsw cup team and png qld cup.
And again a sellout crowd of 7 thousand, cannot wait for massive stadia for pacific games.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Too many soft penalties given away by PNG starved them of the ball and led to the first half blow out. The second half was an even contest. PNG will take alot from this match into next weeks test against Tonga.

Rodney

Juniors
This is a pretty good result considering how good this years Australian team was.
They drew players from 14 teams rather than the usual 8.

Probably one of the best, if not the best lineups we've taken to PNG.
I haven't seen the game but considering last years thrashing against an inferior team its gotta be encouraging for PNG.

Rodney

Juniors
Cause most of the lineup we sent were young, its a formality that a majority of the guys playing that game will get either aussie or kiwi rep honours (particularly 1-7).
I'd only rule out Lawrence, Crocker and Scott (although he made Aus back in 2011) from making an Australian or Kiwi ( I think Napa is eligible for NZ since he played for the Cooks in 2013) representation.

Last year we sent a better backline, but i'd rate this year's halves as better and front row at least equal.
Especially considering form the players picked i'd back this year's side over last year's.

mikail-eagle

Bench
2 debutantes from the game last Sunday.

Austrailain Winger Daniel Tupou and PNG Centre Kato Otio. (Kato played the last 15 minutes of the match at left centre)

1599403_1549514818596703_3345878920092824216_o.jpg

Kato was the only PNG player not selected from the PNG Hunters or from overseas. Infact he hadn't even played in the Digicel Cup yet. He was plucked from the Zone Championship straight into the PMXIII team.

alien

Referee
hopefully someone recorded this game and is going to upload it onto youtube...