What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG

BuffaloRules

Coach
They’d love to have a premiership winning coach.
Great idea.

I could see Flanno leaving the Shire to take his family to heavy security compound living in PNG...

Should only cost an extra $100k a year salary on top of what the Sharks are paying him right?

This is going to be the issue with
PNG - attracting talent on and off the field, along with money for centre of excellence, and all the other off field stuff...

carcharias

Immortal
I could see Flanno leaving the Shire to take his family to heavy security compound living in PNG...

Should only cost an extra $100k a year salary on top of what the Sharks are paying him right?

This is going to be the issue with
PNG - attracting talent on and off the field, along with money for centre of excellence, and all the other off field stuff...

True
But there is a lot of company money over there.
I’m pretty sure the players wouldn’t be living in 3rd world conditions.

Last edited:

Exsilium

First Grade
I read the title and none of the comments.

I'll just say this. They play more entertaining football than any NRL side.

NZ v Tonga is another example. Give me that every week and the game would sell out weekly.

King hit

Coach
Ha
Have you ever been to a country not on their list?

You can’t compare the UK, France, Chile and New Zealand to PNG that is apples and oranges. Whilst the landscape in PNG is beautiful it isn’t a place you would feel safe walking in. My dad and I were talking about this last night and he told me on one of his business trips there he saw someone get hacked with a machete and when travelling he was in an armoured car with bullet holes in the windows. He used to go to PNG quite often in the mid 2000’s.

I went a while ago and experienced it as well

JamesRustle

First Grade
You can’t compare the UK, France, Chile and New Zealand to PNG that is apples and oranges. Whilst the landscape in PNG is beautiful it isn’t a place you would feel safe walking in. My dad and I were talking about this last night and he told me on one of his business trips there he saw someone get hacked with a machete and when travelling he was in an armoured car with bullet holes in the windows. He used to go to PNG quite often in the mid 2000’s.

Did you get some good pics?

carcharias

Immortal

Yeah
Nothing bad happens in the Uk France Chile or NZ.

T-Boon

Coach
My dad and I were talking about this last night and he told me on one of his business trips there he saw someone get hacked with a machete and when travelling he was in an armoured car with bullet holes in the windows. He used to go to PNG quite often in the mid 2000’s.

this sounds like why I don't like to go to Sydney. Plus the traffic.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I vote yes. In time they will develop their own in time. There is some corporate dollar in the town which could help fund COE and operations.

It is their national sport and they would be no pushovers at home.

The only way to change things is to include not isolate.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Before they get a team, I'm hoping someone takes an NRL game there. Imagine the atmosphere there.

Latest posts