What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pokemon Go

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Only level 14 currently
Started with a Squirtle and have caught maybe 3 or 4 of them.
I've seen ONE bulbasaur and it ran after ONE pokeball
I've never even seen a Charmander appear yet, have seen them on nearby, but none ever appeared.

I think I picked the wrong starting option

Literally the same night, I caught a Venusaur and a Wortortle
Havn't even seen an Ivysaur. Only one Bulbasaur that ran. Never seen any of the Charmander strain.

Venusaur was weak as though, 256 if I remember correctly, Wortortle is about 440.

Frederick

Staff member
Well yesterday's trip to the footy wasn't a complete waste. Found a cp676 wartortle, shit cp kangaskhan, and on the way home a cp988 magmar popped up while I was stopped at some traffic lights

Apey

Staff member
Yeah that's the way to go. Evolutions for exp too. Gave up on doduos as well as zubats, barely ever see them any more oddly enough. I'm thinking in one of the previous updates they cut down the doduo spawn spam, because I've barely seen one in weeks.

Well yesterday's trip to the footy wasn't a complete waste. Found a cp676 wartortle, shit cp kangaskhan, and on the way home a cp988 magmar popped up while I was stopped at some traffic lights

da f**k. I got two horseas.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Just used my first lucky egg. Went from level 18 to level 20 by evolving pidgeys, rattatas, caterpies and weedles

Apey

Staff member
Apparently there were 15+ Kangaskhan spawns in Newcastle today. Didn't get a single one, had two pop up on nearby. Some people caught 4+ of them just today. God damn it.

Haffa

Apparently there were 15+ Kangaskhan spawns in Newcastle today. Didn't get a single one, had two pop up on nearby. Some people caught 4+ of them just today. God damn it.
A heap popped up in Brisbane too. Caught 6 myself while watching the footy.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
They've changed the spawning and some pokemon will be country exlusive soon (if they aren't already). No surprise we get the Kanga

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
They've changed the spawning and some pokemon will be country exlusive soon (if they aren't already). No surprise we get the Kanga

Do we get them in NZ too or is it Australia exclusive?
Havn't seen Kanga at all here (Auckland)

Starting to lose the novelty now for me

Frederick

Staff member
Kanga is Aus exclusive.

There's a new bot website out called insta-pokego which will take your account for 15 minutes at a time and hit as many stops and catch as many as it can, and can spawn you in Japan, England and NY so you can get region exclusives. I started up a second account to give it a go and it works pretty good, although there's usually a 2 hour wait in a queue before they get to your account

Apey

Staff member
I can understand a bit of cheating on an alt account, it's probably quite fun and an achievable way to see what other places are like besides your own. I don't get people who are playing the game like that and only like that though... then again I've never understood blatant cheating in any games. It seems even dumber in Pokemon Go where the whole point/fun is to get out of the house and relive some of the glory of the classic Pokemon games in the real world. It's like playing hide and seek without the seek.

There's a cheat app that has been around for over a month that is quite advanced and I'd be surprised if it even possible to detect people using it as cheating. It's not quite immediate GPS spoofing like teleporting (which should be easy for Niantic to pick up). You can pick a location that you want your avatar to go to and then you choose to walk, run, or drive there. Hatch eggs on the way like you would if you were doing it for real, all from the comfort of your couch. I have no idea how anyone could be caught cheating that way.

I guess if it weren't for Gyms it wouldn't really bother me. If the cheating becomes completely rampant (it's not so far in my experience) it'll be best to just to forget about gyms, fork up the $$$ for anything you want with coins, and focus on the Pokedex instead.

My mate started using this app today and he sent me a pic of a Golem he caught in town, probably forgetting the screenshot makes it obvious it's a cheat app lol, he's like "you can't teleport, you still have to walk", by that he meant the avatar still has to walk, he doesn't have to leave his house the little merkin.

I just hope this shit doesn't become the norm to the point it sucks all the enjoyment out of the game. /rant over

Frederick

Staff member
I can understand a bit of cheating on an alt account, it's probably quite fun and an achievable way to see what other places are like besides your own. I don't get people who are playing the game like that and only like that though... then again I've never understood blatant cheating in any games. It seems even dumber in Pokemon Go where the whole point/fun is to get out of the house and relive some of the glory of the classic Pokemon games in the real world. It's like playing hide and seek without the seek.

There's a cheat app that has been around for over a month that is quite advanced and I'd be surprised if it even possible to detect people using it as cheating. It's not quite immediate GPS spoofing like teleporting (which should be easy for Niantic to pick up). You can pick a location that you want your avatar to go to and then you choose to walk, run, or drive there. Hatch eggs on the way like you would if you were doing it for real, all from the comfort of your couch. I have no idea how anyone could be caught cheating that way.

I guess if it weren't for Gyms it wouldn't really bother me. If the cheating becomes completely rampant (it's not so far in my experience) it'll be best to just to forget about gyms, fork up the $$$ for anything you want with coins, and focus on the Pokedex instead.

My mate started using this app today and he sent me a pic of a Golem he caught in town, probably forgetting the screenshot makes it obvious it's a cheat app lol, he's like "you can't teleport, you still have to walk", by that he meant the avatar still has to walk, he doesn't have to leave his house the little merkin.

I just hope this shit doesn't become the norm to the point it sucks all the enjoyment out of the game. /rant over
What app is that?

I'm not intending on using my alt account to take any gyms, more just to complete the pokedex without traveling overseas

Latest posts