What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poll: M Johns asks: "whattya think of the footy show?&q

Poll: Matty Johns asks: "whattya think of the footy show?"

• Not enough Footy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's rubbish!

• Who are you strange man with flat nose?

• Total voters

Kris_man

Bench
screw you anti-fatty-ites! how boring would a middleton show be! he looks like he's gonna sh!t himself everytime he's on camera. voss is boring too, and it was funny when he got barred by bill harrigan. and NRL on fox dont talk footy, just off field drama, which i hate. nrl scoreboard started off well last year or whenever it was, but now they spend too much time talking about boring judiciary crap and injuries, and they dont show enough footage. :roll:

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Sneaky Pete > Host

with panelists of Girds, The Fat, Matty maybe even MG?...and Chad :D

Bring back the "dumping flour on the head of Mario" days!

DIEHARD

----
[furrycat said:
]Matty Johns, Peter Sterling, Ryan Girdler + Someone else = The Panel

Gee a Queenslander or even a Kiwi wouldn't go astray!

Got to have Kevvie Walters and Alfie in there with a regular segment. :D

DIEHARD

----
Queensland Cup and Premier League reports.

A weekly feature on an international rugby league event.

British RL update.

Corbin

Juniors
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE SHOW AT THE MOMENT???????
honestly.. i love the footy show to bits! BUT Reg Ragan hasnt been on the show for weeks
its gay it isnt any where near as funny or enjoy able to watch anymore
come on footy show, show us rege boy!

zulu

Juniors
Corbin said:
WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE SHOW AT THE MOMENT???????
honestly.. i love the footy show to bits!

What a shame the ratings are the worst they've ever been.

I wonder why.

People are just sick of repetitive, non-footy related rot.

The Aussie Netball team on the GGGorn segment instead of footy players - great.

wogdog

Juniors
Matty Johns, Peter Sterling, Ryan Girdler,fletcher after retirement for the panel
and also a segment were they turn to andrew voss for a proper preview of the games over the weekend were they actualy show a team lineup and talk about each game just like the afl footy show do, all they have to do is put aside 10 to 15 mins aside for that and bring back marstermind

CC_Eagle

First Grade
They must be reading the forum...

Sneaky Pete tonight was definetly much more of a "host". He introduced the segments and had about triple the camera time than The Fat did. Sneaky actually said at the start just as Fatty began to joke about Matty's uh..."attire", " lets talk footy because this is a footy show" before he opened the Power Play's segment.

Maybe our questions have been answered? I didn't see the last half hour as I switched to The Dream at 11pm. Nothing against TFS but the difference in quality shot up a thooooooooooooooooooousand points.

For some reason I think it would be good/funny to see Fletch & Girds do a weekly segment together. I have no idea what it is but they've got good chemistry and the same style of humor.
Kevvie (I might have him mixed up, whoever it was who did the QLD reports) Walters is a must for the panel.

Big Mick

Referee
Sterlo
Wayne Peirce - Dead set, so much knowledge of league, so confident as well
Greg Alexander
Kevin Walters
Matty Johns

Have 5 on the panel like AFL. The two main ones who are Sterlo and Alexander. and pierce, walters and johns as the other three. It'd be brilliant.

Segments:
Girdler

skeepe

Immortal
tiger_nick said:
Blocker was great. Too bad he had a falling out with the almighty Fatty :roll:

I believe the situation had a bit more to it than that. Blocker was sacked by 9 after beating the crap out of some bloke in a pub. I never heard the reasons surrounding the fight, just that the guy had a collapsed lung and sever injuries.

This was a bad time for 9, right around the time of Greg Ritchie's "Mail Order Bride" remark. Both were sacked.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Next season - i think they should go back to 2 hosts with Fatty and Sterlo. Bring in 2 different panelists each week. That was the year I loved watching the footy show. I would always look forward to seeing Girds & Freddy or Girds and Joey. Even Wendall Sailor was comical at times on there. It was good in the way where they brought them out and they then spoke about how they were playing and how they thought their club was going. Having lots of Girds back in 2001 and 2002 was good for the Penrith club - because the fans didnt have much else to look forward to! :mrgreen:

And bringing in the past footballer players like Walters, Gilmeister, MG - all those ones that are good to have a laugh with. Next year they could get Freddy and Girds back on together at times. I agree with whoever said that Girds and Fletcher have some sort of chemistry with their humour. I also think Matty J and J Stevens have that chemistry too.

Get rid of Mario. He's just not good enough for every night. He doesnt have chemistry with people. He makes it look hard to interview them. Get him doing something else if they have to have him.

But this is only my opinion of it and they are only suggestions. :D