What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Noname36

First Grade
Ponga was wonderful. Kevie had no idea how to use him though. You don’t suck all his energy by playing him in the middle for 60 minutes when he’s never done it before.

Burns

First Grade
I don’t know what else to say other then I’m in love with the Pong.

He plays for us, the Newcastle Knights and that feels gooooooooooood.

Pedge1971

First Grade
All said above. The sad thing for us Blues is this looks like a team that could go on a run and the new guy standing in our way is a freak of a kid who excelled in his 1st game ever in the middle...

Dave_

Juniors
..i'm not kidding when I say The Pong could be the best player ever to lace a boot. Can literally do anything. Will be an absolute merkin for QLD next year at FB

Yosh

Coach
Ah... They used him as a tackling machine and he had no problem... He then nearly won the game for them and all game the pace of the game didn't phase him and his combination with Slater and Co. Was amazing...

I think the question needs to be raised: Is Ponga gonna be better than Joey??

I only got to see Joey from 2001 onwards so I don't have any idea what he was like as a youngster. Did he have as much impact as Ponga?

PhilGould

Bench
This average sized fullback just played 60 minutes as a backrower, on debut, in the toughest arena in rugby league and was QLD's best player on field. That's all that needs to be said.

Joel-22

Juniors
Play him where he wants to play (which may be fullback) but I think Ponga would make a fantastic (the best) 5/8. He showed tonight that he's up to the challenge defensively. If Watson learns how to pass he could slot in at fullback where he can play to his strengths (his running game).

6.Ponga
7.Pearce

is the future

Knight Vision

First Grade
We have to lock this kid up long term - asap. He's our future, if we are to win more Premierships it will be on the back of KP.

So happy QLD didnt play him in game 1 and misused him in game 2. After last night I think the penny has finally dropped on just how good this kid is.

Joel-22

Juniors
Does anyone else see him as our long term 5/8?

I think it's easier to make/sign a fullback than a genuine playmaking 5/8.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I wonder if Walters will put Ponga at FB for game 3. I have a feeling that Slater will get a farewell game but if Walters is serious about planning ahead for next series he’ll put Ponga at FB for game 3.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Why isnt a sponsor supplying the kid with red and blue headgear I wonder, the club is missing an opportunity with that.

KP is worth a small fortune in marketing alone. Look at the exposure the Knights have gotten so far this year .

Yosh

Coach
He seems to enjoy the defensive side of the game as well. He went on and made 50 difficult tackles in a row... We need him fresh in attack so I'd rather he stays at fullback.

Joel-22

Juniors
Connor Watson isn't a 5/8 asshole. Can't kick, can't pass and has shown poor choices in attack. I have no doubt he could however make a great fullback. I just think it's the best thing for the team and I think Kalyn plays a lot more like 5/8 now than a traditional fullback. My only question was about his defence and last night he showed he's more than up to the task.
It might not happen this year or even next year but I think his future lies in the no.6 jersey.

Connor Watson isn't a 5/8 asshole. Can't kick, can't pass and has shown poor choices in attack. I have no doubt he could however make a great fullback. I just think it's the best thing for the team and I think Kalyn plays a lot more like 5/8 now than a traditional fullback. My only question was about his defence and last night he showed he's more than up to the task.
It might not happen this year or even next year but I think his future lies in the no.6 jersey.

The bloke has played with 3 different halves partners this year already.. Give the kid a chance, he'll look much better with Pearce back

Latest posts