What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Knight Vision

First Grade
hard to say anymore superlatives without sounding gay or perhaps obsessed. I'm soooo happy he's a Knight. My favorite player in the game at the moment, cant wait for game day just to watch him play.

I get the feeling we aint seen nothn yet

perverse

Referee
hard to say anymore superlatives without sounding gay or perhaps obsessed. I'm soooo happy he's a Knight. My favorite player in the game at the moment, cant wait for game day just to watch him play.

I get the feeling we aint seen nothn yet
Just wait until other blokes start putting him into holes, rather than the other way around. His ball playing wasn't even the highlight of his game prior to this season.

Dave_

Juniors
The best young player I've ever seen come through. Close to being the best player in the comp already

Yosh

Coach
He does everything with a smile. Is there anything more exciting to watch than a talented youngster enjoying the game? Once he learns to mirror what he does on the left on the right, he is gonna be twice as devastating.

Burwood

Bench
He’s definitely grounded. I think my favourite Ponga moment has been him getting tackled by Slater when trying to get around him on the sideline- got up smiling, looking like he wanted to shake Slater’s hand or high-five him.

Knight Vision

First Grade
The respect he showed the digger who presented the Anzac medal for motm to him shows the type of person he is. At 19 years of age.
exactly, nothing better than a humble champion. In a game full of testosterone and knob ends he comes across as such a polite, humble young man. He's worth a ton of money to the Knights both on and off the field.

I dont mean to be selfish but .lots of talk that ponga could get a utility role for the maroons!iapart of me hopes not cause without pearce we will not jag any wins during the origin period which honestly thought perfect to hold us up in the top 8.in saying this he deserves a crack in the maroon squad.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think he'll be part of the squad but not the team, theyll start to groom him as Slater's replacement. Being in camp around Billy and the like will only improve him as a player.

If he was to make the team I have no doubt he'd kill it.

Burwood

Bench
At absolute worst he’ll be 18th or 19th man. Does that mean he’ll miss those club games, even if not on the field playing for QLD?

NK Arsenal

Juniors
At absolute worst he’ll be 18th or 19th man. Does that mean he’ll miss those club games, even if not on the field playing for QLD?
I think normally the reserve players join camp after their club commitments are over for the weekend.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Pretty sure Brown said that the reported figure $600k was contingent on him meeting certain criterias so in other words $600k is the max he'd make under this contract.
I read that Ponga is on 600K a year, but with bonuses and incentives for playing rep footy, he could earn up to 1 mil a season.

Ponga is the buy of the year and you got him for a bargain price, even if he does play rep footy this year.

Hunt is the second best buy of the year.

Both were signed for what were considered big contracts, even overs at the time and both are long term too.

Last edited:

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Another awesome performance from the great man tonight
Souths had no idea when he was attacking the line, just a shame we had limited attacking opportunities in the second half
That last ditch tackle on Alex Johnston was great too

Latest posts