What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Season Review

twinkletoes

Juniors
Unlike most other clubs there has been stony silence from the Dragons den about any post season reviews and review of KPI's. In previous seasons external third parties (I use those terms loosely) have been loudly touted as triumphantly bringing in a new era of high level performance goals and personnel to help the Dragons achieve the success we all crave for .

Nothing this season...as if all is well on the good ship and there is no need to stir up the native supporters with mention of end of season reviews for players, coaches and club setup. Maybe the Board are completely happy with how the 2017 season has panned out....

MrDragon007

Juniors
It was done earlier in the season when they extended Mary. Dragons style end off season review, get in early and get it done early.

Unlike most other clubs there has been stony silence from the Dragons den about any post season reviews and review of KPI's. In previous seasons external third parties (I use those terms loosely) have been loudly touted as triumphantly bringing in a new era of high level performance goals and personnel to help the Dragons achieve the success we all crave for .

Nothing this season...as if all is well on the good ship and there is no need to stir up the native supporters with mention of end of season reviews for players, coaches and club setup. Maybe the Board are completely happy with how the 2017 season has panned out....
They will use the improved stats as the basis for "all is rosey"
They will focus on the arrival of Hunt and Graham as the shining path forward.
They will applaud McGregor for a great job and continued development of the team.
Ostensibly, they will brush the whole debacle under the carpet.
Prepare yourself for a deflectathon and a feast of spin doctoring unrivalled by other clubs in the NRL.

What is also strange is the silence form the media.
No one has taken up the Dragons slide out of the 8 and made an issue of it.
Yet Hasler's results and subsequent departure has generated numerous articles and commentary.
It's almost like McGregor and his Illawarra supporters are sacred cows.

jak

Bench
Yet Hasler's results and subsequent departure has generated numerous articles and commentary.
yes but we were picked by all the so called experts to finish bottom four.

yes but we were picked by all the so called experts to finish bottom four.
That was the pre season and part of the strategy to manage fan expectations.
Then when we were sitting on top of the ladder after 7 rounds we were "definitely top 4".
Then as we started to slide, we were a certainty top 8 and play finals footy.
In McGregor's own words "Our stats are outstanding and we deserve to play finals footy"
So you can see what's going on.
Feed the fans BS low balling expectations to start with but comically, no matter what they spun to the fans, in the end it blew up in their faces.
The coach is not believable any more.
The fans have had a gutful of the rhetoric and just want the club to be honest and objective.
If that was the case, we would be actively recruiting another coach.

jak

Bench
That was the pre season and part of the strategy to manage fan expectations.
Then when we were sitting on top of the ladder after 7 rounds we were "definitely top 4".
Then as we started to slide, we were a certainty top 8 and play finals footy.
In McGregor's own words "Our stats are outstanding and we deserve to play finals footy"
So you can see what's going on.
Feed the fans BS low balling expectations to start with but comically, no matter what they spun to the fans, in the end it blew up in their faces.
The coach is not believable any more.
The fans have had a gutful of the rhetoric and just want the club to be honest and objective.
If that was the case, we would be actively recruiting another coach.
I can agree with what your saying but please no des.

Maxwell

Juniors
There's no talk of the pommie assistant coach either , he might be afraid of McGrexit !!!!!! Mary might have found out he's too smart and had Peter Dutton cancel his working visa. Does any one know any thing about the Pommie assistant, is and when he's coming. Fancy doing a apprenticeship under this goose, would be like the blind leading the blind. My vote for coach goes to Harry Bath.

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Well said twinkletoes
I think they are hoping that no one will notice

qld redvee

Juniors
Denis
Remember after we blew it against the dogs most of the media were feeling sorry for mcgregor and the way we bowed out. its as if ( in their opinion ) we over achieved during the season therefore mary is a messiah and cant be blamed for the back end of the season. Nothing about bad game management/ game plans etc.... so imagine if we had of limped into the finals we would have had a new contract drawn up for say 5 more years ( joking )

Denis
Remember after we blew it against the dogs most of the media were feeling sorry for mcgregor and the way we bowed out. its as if ( in their opinion ) we over achieved during the season therefore mary is a messiah and cant be blamed for the back end of the season. Nothing about bad game management/ game plans etc.... so imagine if we had of limped into the finals we would have had a new contract drawn up for say 5 more years ( joking )
Just reading some of the media vibe, McGregor is not only safe but will be highly praised for his coaching efforts in 2017.
I honestly have nothing more to say.
Fans are being manipulated and treated like dummies.

hazzbeen

Bench
Just reading some of the media vibe, McGregor is not only safe but will be highly praised for his coaching efforts in 2017.
I honestly have nothing more to say.
Fans are being manipulated and treated like dummies.
If you look at what Mary has done since he has been coach , he has really done nothing but set a couple records for us for the wrong reasons . Everything about the coaching is a complete wank ....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Growing increasingly impatient with the boards' total lack of transparency and ability to comment of our season which finish how long ago?

How hard is it to string a few sentences together and tell McGregor he's either sacked or not.
I was hoping they were holding out for Hasler to be sacked but he's been out of a job for how long now?

Where is the decency on letting the club fans know where we stand.

Did they do nothing all year and then decide we'll wait a bit longer again because we can?
Surely the decision was already arrived at long before now?

How hard can it be ............

* Last year, the manager under performed and missed the eight.

2016 Review stated - "We've taken all other responsibilities off McGregor so he can concentrate soley
on reaching the semi finals and beyond.

* 2017 season - McGregor missed the eight, again ......... with no other responsibilities.

2017 Review - Why is he not sacked immediately at seasons end? He failed, again!

WTF are the board missing?

Yours sincerely,
One Really P!ssed Off Lifetime Dragon Fan

Last edited:
Growing increasingly inpatient with the boards' total lack of transparency and ability to comment of our season which finish how long ago?

How hard is it to string a few sentences together and tell McGregor he's either sacked or not.
I was hoping they were holding out for Hasler to be sacked but he's been out of a job for how long now?

Where is the decency on letting the club fans know where we stand.

Did they do nothing all year and then decide we'll wait a bit longer again because we can?
Surely the decision was already arrived at long before now?

How hard can it be ............

* Last year, the manager under performed and missed the eight.

2016 Review stated - "We've taken all other responsibilities off McGregor so he can concentrate soley
on reaching the semi finals and beyond.

* 2017 season - McGregor missed the eight, again ......... with no other responsibilities.

2017 Review - Why is he not sacked immediately at seasons end? He failed, again!

WTF are the board missing?

Yours sincerely,
One Really P!ssed Off Lifetime Dragon Fan
The only plausible excuse is that they are waiting for the GF to be over.
But I am expecting the worse - not only no sacking but glowing praise of McGregor and his improved results.
They seem to have rhino hides when it comes to the fans.
They treat us like morons.
Let's see what transpires...

St Georgio

Juniors
Why the media decide to stir the pot NOW since the majority who work in love seeing the Dragons fail every year, I can guarantee when they signed McGregor earlier this year , the media were fist pumping, it was the media that convinced our moronic board to extend McClueless in the first place!

Reactions: Qdf

FlameThrower

Bench
Why the media decide to stir the pot NOW since the majority who work in love seeing the Dragons fail every year, I can guarantee when they signed McGregor earlier this year , the media were fist pumping, it was the media that convinced our moronic board to extend McClueless in the first place!
I love a conspiracy theory but this is Hollywood stuff your suggestioning

Latest posts