What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Targets

Raider_69

Post Whore
So boys we got the obvious - Preston Campbell who is all but a cert to join the Coast but who else would you like to see come to the Gold Coast in 2007?

From canberra we acually got the following off contract in 2006:
the ones in bold are blokes id be after if i were the coast

Jermaine Ale
Marshall Chalk

Jason Croker (1 yr option with canberra)
Ben Cross
Terry Campese
Matthew Gafa
Bronx Goodwin
Phil Graham
Michael Howell
David Howell
Kris Kahler
Terry Martin
Josh Miller
Beau Mundine
Michael Robertson
Alan Rothery
Nathan Smith
Alan Tongue
Michael Weyman
Jason Williams
Simon Woolford

coldhardbitch

Juniors
Ali Lauititi from Leeds
Lance Hohaia from the warriors.
Matt Orford
Jamie Lyon
Luke Bailey
Jamaal Lolesi
Matt Diskin (Leeds)
Chev Walker

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jamie Lyon at 5/8th? Hmm dont know about that
If i were the GC admin id be gunning for a Orford - Campbell game

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
Jamie Lyon at 5/8th? Hmm dont know about that
If i were the GC admin id be gunning for a Orford - Campbell game

Lyon actually makes a very handy 5/8. He has played one or two games there for the Eels, played there for Wee Waa and has played a few games there for St Helens. He's been kicking well too. I'd say he probably prefers playing at 5/8 and giving him first crack at it might be about the only thing that gets him to GC over Manly.

Raider_69

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
Lyon actually makes a very handy 5/8. He has played one or two games there for the Eels, played there for Wee Waa and has played a few games there for St Helens. He's been kicking well too. I'd say he probably prefers playing at 5/8 and giving him first crack at it might be about the only thing that gets him to GC over Manly.

fair enough then
i personally dont understand it thou, he may be a very handy 5/8th but he is fair dinkum one of the best centres ive seen. If he was playing in the NRL he'd be a shoe in for aust in that possy

Special K

Coach
Nathan Merritt is off contract next year... Scored 40 points against the Panthers last week in PL and can play wing or fullback.

The Colonel

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
fair enough then
i personally dont understand it thou, he may be a very handy 5/8th but he is fair dinkum one of the best centres ive seen. If he was playing in the NRL he'd be a shoe in for aust in that possy

Laurie Daley and Brad Fittler were two of the best centres I ever saw growing up. Turned into pretty good five eighths by the end of their careers. ;-)

legend

Coach
I think it's safe to say Lolesi and Campbell will be the first two players to sign with the Gold Coast. Orford may go there too but there is plenty of talent to go around.

Was it a coincidence the Cowboys/Dogs game was being held at Carrara the same day as the 16th team announcement? ;-)

legend

Coach
Smith and Bowen are out but there will be others who will be very interested in hearing what the Gold coast has to say and they make make a similar entrance to Melbourne back in 1998 who were exceptionally strong from day one.

legend

Coach
Mason and Anasta might be ones to only sign a one year deal and move to the Gold Coast.

Disco

Bench
Mason will go i reckon

heres a possiblr team (salary cap and current contracts in mind)

1.Hughes
2.Merritt
3.Lolesi
4.Stephenson
5.Donald
6.Witt
7.Campbell
8.O'Hara
9.Randall
10.Payten
11.Mason
12.Lautiti