What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potential Targets

Coaster

Bench
I think these players are all off contract

1. Peachy
2. Covell
3. King / Lyon
4. Tonga / Lolesi
5. Brenton Bowen
6. Anasta / Marshall
7. Orford / Cambell
8. Bailey
9. Priddus
10 Chan / Learoyd
11 Mason / Lauiti'iti
12 Solomona / Jenson
13 Harrison / Flannery

curious said:
I think these players are all off contract

1. Peachy
2. Covell
3. King / Lyon
4. Tonga / Lolesi
5. Brenton Bowen
6. Anasta / Marshall
7. Orford / Cambell
8. Bailey
9. Priddus
10 Chan / Learoyd
11 Mason / Lauiti'iti
12 Solomona / Jenson
13 Harrison / Flannery

Nice team that.... the salary cap might do some damage to it though.

aids

Bench
so, expect a hand ful of players looking for 1 year contracts at the end of this year?
i would be suprised if orford went up to GC, however guys like harrison, sutton and williams from souths might have a look.

plus they have a good pool of local juniors to look at as well.

berleigh bears in particular

Iafeta

Referee
ThrashViking said:
Ali Lauitiiti has been linked to the Gold Coast.

Nah, he's said in the past he couldn't bring himself to playing against the Warriors.

Corbin

Juniors
Ok guys im making a huge list of players that are coming off contract to send to the GC as potential targets (including english players!)

Please post them here.

Disco

Bench
Ok Corbin

1. Paul Stephenson

no seriously, im sure the GC already have a list of all possible players availiable

Chris Flannery I think will head back north and play at the Gold Coast.
Don't be surprised if the Gold Coast target a few Australian English Super League guys blokes like Brett Dallas on the wing. Campbell will be there but I have strong doubts as to whether he will be captain. With Campbell there is Nathan Blacklock a chance at coming back. Could Anthony Mundine whom is looking to restart his career take on the challenge of trying to make the Gold Coast competitive from day one. Actually making him the star attraction on the Gold Coast could be just the thing that swings his signature there way. But would his signature alienate potential new fans ??
I would certainly be looking at Ashley Harrison from Souths also especially considering there coach is a player very similar to Ashley in style. It is all very interesting and hopefully goes well for the Coast. They need it to work this time in. I think they will.

Kingytek

Juniors
Should be interesting come July 1st to see which player signs 1yr contracts. i think alot of players will want to make themselves available come that time next year just for an extra option.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
IMO the thing GC needs most is a true playmaker. Preston is a great sidekick, but I don't think I'd want to be relying on him to do the majority of the ballwork. Orford is obviously the stand-out if they can get him, otherwise Prince would be a good option.

Throw in Harrison and a good fullback, and then all they'd need is a couple of real work-horses in the forward line and they'd be set.