What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

macnaz

Staff member
Why would the players opinions matter? They haven't before in the history of this club, which has been riddled with board members doing shit in their own interests and not in the interests of the club on the field.

But u would think with a majority of supporters , media , assistants and IF ALSO the players endorsing Potter no board member even as f**ked as ours would suggest something so stupid on their own..

They arent doing this alone... their is no f**king way!!!! If not senior players it is Payten and co .. im leaning to both.

Last edited:

Pezz70

Juniors
That sounds like a cowardly man attempting to avoid culpability. It has been confirmed that a senior player wants Potter sacked. If its not Farah, who could it be? (Personally, I believe it is definately him)

Who confirmed what? I haven't seen proof of anything, just heaps of rumour and innuendo !

macnaz

Staff member
Stacey Jones rated Potter as the best coach he has played under... unfortunately not good enough for our immortal laced side .

Front-Rower

First Grade
What a f**king joke and embarrassment the club is. They don't deserve Potter, he is too classy for them.

Especially after what he did with Bradford and saw out his contract unpaid due to them being placed into receivership.

Imagine any of the primadonas hanging around and playing for pride rather than a pay cheque.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
What I'd like to know is what was said between Potter and Farah in the dressing sheds prior to the game. The way Farah walked out, pulled up the ear phones and walked off reminded me of how I would behave after my old man gave me a dressing down for acting like a shit....

If it isn't him that has the issue with Potter and I hope it isn't, that didn't do anything to make me think they are friendly towards one another.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Potters coaching ability is no longer, in my opinion, the issue. It is the bullshit way he is being treated by the board or senior players. Either way, he is being railroaded....same as our season went today.

pinkmoon

Juniors
Personally, I think Potter has done a decent enough job to earn a contract extension. Things are building nicely with the young up and coming players, and one of the first things you'll find with rookies (no matter how good they are) is inconsistency whilst they learn their trade.

In saying that, I really think something is awry with the conditioning of the players at the Tigers. The Tigers seems to have more injuries than any other club over the last couple of seasons. I remember the same problem at St George, before Bennett jumped on board with his own support staff, and all of the sudden the injuries stopped. Obviously things like broken bones can't be helped, but when players are tearing muscles and soft tissue injuries are popping up every which way, you have to question the training load, and the conditioning. Maybe some of the support staff are not up to it, and should be replaced before disposing of Potter, who looks to be a decent coach.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Tigers have just released a statement. Someone else will have to post it because I don't know how. It basically says no decision will be made on Potters future until this season is over.

Tigerm

First Grade
From the WT web site.

Following intense speculation regarding the future of Mick Potter as Head Coach of Wests Tigers, the Club’s Board has met tonight and decided that contract negotiations will be put on hold until the side’ 2014 campaign comes to an end.

The meeting was originally convened on the basis that Mick Potter requested direction on his future.

The Board and Management fully support the coaching staff and players and want to give them every chance to push towards a top eight finish this season.

Wests Tigers Chairman Mike Bailey said that the focus for the Club needs to be on the field.

"The team has fought hard to put us in a position to compete for a top eight finish in 2014,” said Bailey. “Ongoing speculation about the Club’s three coaches is unhelpful and destabilising at a time where we need unity. Members and sponsors have voiced their disappointment at how this has been played out in the open forum. This stops now.”

Bailey went on to say that this decision was the best to allow Wests Tigers players to continue to focus on football.

"At no stage have the players approached the Board on matters relating to the coaching staff.”

Head Coach Mick Potter confirmed that he shares the Board’s sentiment.

"Ideally I would have like to have had this sorted months ago but am happy to put this to one side until our team’s future is known."

The Club will make no further comment on this issue.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2014/07/27/wests_tigers_statement_.html

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Tigers have just released a statement. Someone else will have to post it because I don't know how. It basically says no decision will be made on Potters future until this season is over.

They may as well start talking because after today our season is over....

Latest posts