What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pre season games

dino2170

Juniors
No one on this forum has mentioned the game against HULL. Is this going to be a real test for our boys???? Will this match define 2018 for us.

What about the charity sheild in all places MUDGEE????????

Life's Good

Coach
No one on this forum has mentioned the game against HULL. Is this going to be a real test for our boys???? Will this match define 2018 for us.

I don’t think these games will define the season at all.
They should be used to help get some combinations going along with giving opportunities to the juniors that the club is backing.
One thing I am looking for will be seeing the effect of having Hunt calling the shots and Graham being vocal out on the field. With the money invested in these 2 I am hoping they are firing from the get go.

JDHD

Juniors

Preseason games are meaningless. The best result would be a decent hit out for the combinations to build and no injuries.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I think the HULL game will absolutely define our entire season.

If we win by 13+ we are guaranteed TOP 4.

If we win by 1-12 we will certainly finish in the TOP 8.

If HULL win by 1-12 we will miss the 8 completely.

Should HULL thrash us by 13+ we are a lock on to be bottom 4 next year.

And if it’s a draw, put your house on us taking out the WOODEN spoon.

possm

Coach
I'm in favour of the First Grade v Reserve Grade games during the off-season. Make it known to all concerned that the first grade 17 are the preferred choice with their spot being theirs to lose and the reserve grade players knowing that a first grade selection is theirs to win.

End result will be real competition for spots in the first 17 plus the honing in of combinations and patterns. Under this system, yes there is an increased chance of injury but I believe the benefits out way this.

Walpole

Juniors
I'm in favour of the First Grade v Reserve Grade games during the off-season. Make it known to all concerned that the first grade 17 are the preferred choice with their spot being theirs to lose and the reserve grade players knowing that a first grade selection is theirs to win.

End result will be real competition for spots in the first 17 plus the honing in of combinations and patterns. Under this system, yes there is an increased chance of injury but I believe the benefits out way this.
An old-fashioned Possibles v Probables!

Crush

Coach
Pre-season is where McGregor tells the fans that positions are up for grabs and all the young blokes will get their shot.
And then he starts with McCrone.
Oh I keep forgetting, McCrone can't hurt us anymore.....

Latest posts