What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predict the NRL table for 2017

alien

Referee
If you think differently your only a football fan overall and not a dead set die in the wool souths fan!!!! no real souths fan tips other clubs its insanely unthinkable as a real souths fan...only the unsouth sydney fans tip opposing teams thats why they do that!!

Only Un South Sydney Fans don't back our players and call them duds!

Big man

Juniors
Over the last few years we have had many players who are not up to 1st grade standard whom i call nsw cup players or dud players,my dud list was correctly witnessed only by R20 whom saw the light and quite a few players were moved on and rightfully so.nielsen and clark and tyrrell and kelly are on my dud list i still dont rate gray so he can go straight to the ""dud 5"" list.Goodwin will be on the wing so too will be aj and gray and hunt will be in the centres in 2017 i know clark will be on the bench i am really hoping that rochow and cherro keep tyrrell and clark in the norths jumper in 2017 i can only hope so tyrrell and clark are duds yes they might have a premiership ring riding on the coat tails of all the better team members on that great day and thats why they got a ring good luck to them but they are still duds r20 knows what im talking about even though he tipped other teams to beat souths which is plainly an un south sydney thing to do as a real souths fan a real souths fan always backs the boys under any circumstance its ludicris to fathom this thought pattern as a realsouths fan ""never say die"" ""always back souths no matter what"" SSTID...............

Every team has a few dud players in their squad, it's called having a salary cap. Whilst we are a little short on speed with our predicted starting backs, I'm still confident that emerging players like Jennings, Burns, Fauimona, and Taki will rise to the occasion to fill some much needed outside back positions. I also think Gray, Goodwin and Hunt will be soild NRL players, all are big strong defenders who can break the line in attack. Anyway, we will boast one the the top three spines in the NRL next season, so even our average backs will look like world beaters. I'm predicting next season we will finish between fourth and eighth.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
Not backing our players and calling them duds isn't "un South Sydney" though. :rolleyes:

Alien i may call nielsen and mcinness and a few others a dud which they are of course i back them when they play in a souths jumper but it does not change that i think they are duds but on the other hand i always back souths rain hail or shine do you?no you dont mate if you truly and really love souths you back them only!!,we let a few go on our dud list but why we keep nielsen is beyond me and i know you will all say we need him for depth?so why did we get rid of most of the duds on my list did we keep them all for depth hell no it was poor recruiting and bad management.but now richo is back we are on the rise again although i think cherro is a bit long in the tooth he did well whilst playing for the redcliffe dolphins to be player of the year in the qld cup.to be honest our recruitment has been mediocre i have noticed so many other teams such as parra,manly,easts,broncs,titans,penrith to name a few their recruitment was far better than ours even manly and the broncs are still out there in the buyers market in the past 2 weeks.....we should had got rid of tyrrell,clark,nielsen,and not buy kelly and i believe souths should had gone after both moa and adris which would had been a good buy for souths because we are down on muscle in the forwards and in the backs....now we care hoping on rochow injury proned and cherro whom is a bit long in the tooth and we are also relying on a few young players whom we picked up from parra,penrith,sharks,etc etc.We are down on troops lets hope tyrrell retires mid season and we give kelly and nielsen the flick but sadly ""cant bend the line clarky"" is hanging around the bench we need moa off the bench not clarky or tyrrell or both??oh thats right they are premiership 2014 champion players oh i forgot NOT!!!!!.....We have to find better backs than goodwin,gray and hunt these 3 would not be in a broncs or cowboys or storms back line in any given year if you think these 3 should remain in our back line you are sadly mistaken..........lets hope jennings,fui and burns make the grade because our backs are mediocre and we are 2 real 1st grade props short in 2017.....lets hope we get rid of tyrrell to retire and flick kelly and nielsen and buy a 1st grade prop or outside back which we need ASAP.... Shadow...

alien

Referee
Alien i may call nielsen and mcinness and a few others a dud which they are of course i back them when they play in a souths jumper but it does not change that i think they are duds but on the other hand i always back souths rain hail or shine do you?no you dont mate if you truly and really love souths you back them only!!,we let a few go on our dud list but why we keep nielsen is beyond me and i know you will all say we need him for depth?so why did we get rid of most of the duds on my list did we keep them all for depth hell no it was poor recruiting and bad management.but now richo is back we are on the rise again although i think cherro is a bit long in the tooth he did well whilst playing for the redcliffe dolphins to be player of the year in the qld cup.to be honest our recruitment has been mediocre i have noticed so many other teams such as parra,manly,easts,broncs,titans,penrith to name a few their recruitment was far better than ours even manly and the broncs are still out there in the buyers market in the past 2 weeks.....we should had got rid of tyrrell,clark,nielsen,and not buy kelly and i believe souths should had gone after both moa and adris which would had been a good buy for souths because we are down on muscle in the forwards and in the backs....now we care hoping on rochow injury proned and cherro whom is a bit long in the tooth and we are also relying on a few young players whom we picked up from parra,penrith,sharks,etc etc.We are down on troops lets hope tyrrell retires mid season and we give kelly and nielsen the flick but sadly ""cant bend the line clarky"" is hanging around the bench we need moa off the bench not clarky or tyrrell or both??oh thats right they are premiership 2014 champion players oh i forgot NOT!!!!!.....We have to find better backs than goodwin,gray and hunt these 3 would not be in a broncs or cowboys or storms back line in any given year if you think these 3 should remain in our back line you are sadly mistaken..........lets hope jennings,fui and burns make the grade because our backs are mediocre and we are 2 real 1st grade props short in 2017.....lets hope we get rid of tyrrell to retire and flick kelly and nielsen and buy a 1st grade prop or outside back which we need ASAP.... Shadow...

Calling a Rabbitohs player "a dud" is Un South Sydney!

Ask SouthSport - he knows! Lol.

Big man

Juniors

The Storm resorted to playing Blair and Morgan in their centre position and now they are one proven 5/8 and winger short in their backs with Blair still in the centres. Broncos also have average centres with Roberts not setting the world on fire and their forwards bench is average at best, look them up. Manly have their own issues with a light on forward pack and so does Cows, Rorters and most other teams. We have issues of course but our strengths will outweigh our weaknesses. Our spine is the key and the Burgi will be back to their best which will lead our young pack into finals territory. As for our outside backs. Young Burns and jennings will debut this season and should make their mark, giving us some depth and strike power. We aren't perfect but neither are most teams. With some luck with injuries, we should be well into the finals in 2017.

Pommy

Coach

If you retire those players there wages will still be on the cap you mug.

FFs DKOR where are you
Why did you let this clown back on here ,same old crap every time unsouthsydney crap
F### the idiot off for good nobody wants this rubbish the guy is just a perennial pest
How many agree ???????

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
oh br your not very friendly mate take a deep breath or take a walk in the park to relieve any built up stress it seems to me you dont like genuine competition and you like to have it all your own way well sorry but thats not how the world works mate. you always call people distasteful names on here but when it gets a bit tough in here you run to DKOR. Take it easy mate have a cup of aliens green tea it may benefit you cheerio Shadow...

Pommy

Coach
oh br your not very friendly mate take a deep breath or take a walk in the park to relieve any built up stress it seems to me you dont like genuine competition and you like to have it all your own way well sorry but thats not how the world works mate. you always call people distasteful names on here but when it gets a bit tough in here you run to DKOR. Take it easy mate have a cup of aliens green tea it may benefit you cheerio Shadow...

If we have a cup of green tea will you drink some bleach? Or is that the root cause of your issues?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yes BR has had a habit of calling me names too.

But that's in the past. I am hoping he shows me the same respect I'm trying to show him.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Alright here goes. May be a little long but I like analysing this kinda stuff.

1. Canberra Raiders

Have one of the best squads in the league. Their best players are hitting their peak and going into their prime, and their massive forward pack lays the foundation well for their massive backs. An attacking behemoth and contenders for the title.

2. Melbourne Storm

An ageing squad won't matter because Melbourne do what Melbourne do best. They are the most clinical team in the competition and will be looking to avenge their Grand Final loss. Look for Cam Munster to go up another level.

3. Cronulla Sharks

The loss of Barba and Ennis will hurt but they still have enough quality in their side to do damage. The Townsend/Maloney combination will be one year better and their young guns will be one year older. Can't see them going back to back but they still have a formidable side.

4. Penrith Panthers

My smokeys for the competition. Gould has done wonders for the club and the signing of Tamou is a masterstroke They have a great balance of youth and experience and injuries are the only thing I can see stopping them this season.

5. Gold Coast Titans

The Titans have lost a lot of depth but if they can keep injuries under wraps and continue their form from last season, with their new signings they should do very well. A full season of Jarryd Hayne and Kane Elgey will be great for the growing squad.

6. North Queensland Cowboys

The wheels are slowly falling off the Cowboys' wagon with a lack of depth up front but I still think they'll be good enough to make the finals. They still have the quality of Thurston but I find their team is still missing a few pieces to make the 4. I think the loss of Tamou will especially hurt, with no real replacement made.

7. South Sydney Rabbitohs

Honestly I think if we have a good year we could make the 4, but the fact is there's just better teams in front of us so far. We've recruited fairly well and I think the signing of Farah will have a monumental bearing on our season. The squad has been refined both on and off the field and we're looking to start fresh in 17' and finally get over our premiership hangover.

8. Brisbane Broncos

The loss of Parker is huge for the Broncos as they will have to rely on a young gun to fill the number 13 jersey. They'll need Milford and Hunt to be on fire if they are to do any damage, and while they do have a decent squad, I can see them missing the 8.

9. New Zealand Warriors

The Warriors no doubt have a team that can make the 8, but we have been saying that for the last 5 years and they have yet to do so. The addition of Kieran Foran would be a great one but we'll have to see whether he does lace the boots on or not. At their best they could be top 4 material but knowing them they'll fail once again.

10. Sydney Roosters

Another team that can make the 8, the Roosters have lost a lot of quality since 2015 and while injuries and suspension did play their part last year, they still lack the quality of the last few years. The addition of a few bad boys always spells trouble and a team with Mitchell Pearce guiding them around won't go too far.

11. Wests Tigers

With Robbie Farah off their backs the Tigers can start the season afresh but they still lack some size and power in the forward department, and they really need some experience in the spine. I can see them competing in a lot of games only to be let down by the lack of big game experience in the 6 and 7, which will hurt them the most.

12. Parramatta Eels

The Eels have made a lot of changes but some of them are fairly average to say the least. With the salary cap scandal behind them the club has seemingly gone down a 'quantity over quality' route, however Brad Arthur is a good coach that can get the best out of his players, so anything could happen.

13. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

There's a lot of controversy in Bankstown with the rumours of Des Hasler and James Graham ousted from the club, and with the way they finished 2016 is reminiscent of our exit in 2015. The team lacks attack and has all their money stacked into the boring and predictable forward pack, and with the lack of creative halves I can't see them in the 8.

14. St George Illawarra Dragons

Similar to the Bulldogs, the Dragons lack the attack needed to compete in games, and their halves pairing of Gareth Widdop and Drew Hutchison is hardly exciting. While they do have a decent forward pack, their new look spine will need time to gel and it could be hard to get a roll on over the more cohesive sides.

15. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

God knows what is going on with Manly's squad. Coach Trent Barrett pretty much stripped the side from 2016 and has started putting pieces together. The signing of Blake Green is notable but a combination of ageing superstars, inexperienced rookies and a few journeymen doesn't spell good things for the Sea Eagles.

16. Newcastle Knights

I'm hoping that the Knights can get themselves up from the ground but they have easily the worst squad in the NRL. They've made some improvements from last season no doubt, but with such a young team lead by such an injury prone captain in Jarrod Mullen, the Knights will have to find something special to lift themselves up again, and hopefully for their sake they do.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I was waiting for yours R95 lol.

But Shadow says you have to say Souths will finish first and in another thread he says 13th.

Now isn't that Un South Sydney lol?????

So we have:

Callmack 4th

R20 5th

Alien 6th

R95 7th

SOUTHS til I die (I think it was him) 8th

Very interesting.

Oh and Shadow 13th

callmack1

Staff member

But Shadow says you have to say Souths will finish first and in another thread he says 13th.

So we have:

Callmack 4th

R20 5th

Alien 6th

R95 7th

Very interesting.

Oh and Shadow 13th
Haha like I have said before lets hope I am right.

callmack1

Staff member
Alright here goes. May be a little long but I like analysing this kinda stuff.

1. Canberra Raiders

Have one of the best squads in the league. Their best players are hitting their peak and going into their prime, and their massive forward pack lays the foundation well for their massive backs. An attacking behemoth and contenders for the title.

2. Melbourne Storm

An ageing squad won't matter because Melbourne do what Melbourne do best. They are the most clinical team in the competition and will be looking to avenge their Grand Final loss. Look for Cam Munster to go up another level.

3. Cronulla Sharks

The loss of Barba and Ennis will hurt but they still have enough quality in their side to do damage. The Townsend/Maloney combination will be one year better and their young guns will be one year older. Can't see them going back to back but they still have a formidable side.

4. Penrith Panthers

My smokeys for the competition. Gould has done wonders for the club and the signing of Tamou is a masterstroke They have a great balance of youth and experience and injuries are the only thing I can see stopping them this season.

5. Gold Coast Titans

The Titans have lost a lot of depth but if they can keep injuries under wraps and continue their form from last season, with their new signings they should do very well. A full season of Jarryd Hayne and Kane Elgey will be great for the growing squad.

6. North Queensland Cowboys

The wheels are slowly falling off the Cowboys' wagon with a lack of depth up front but I still think they'll be good enough to make the finals. They still have the quality of Thurston but I find their team is still missing a few pieces to make the 4. I think the loss of Tamou will especially hurt, with no real replacement made.

7. South Sydney Rabbitohs

Honestly I think if we have a good year we could make the 4, but the fact is there's just better teams in front of us so far. We've recruited fairly well and I think the signing of Farah will have a monumental bearing on our season. The squad has been refined both on and off the field and we're looking to start fresh in 17' and finally get over our premiership hangover.

8. Brisbane Broncos

The loss of Parker is huge for the Broncos as they will have to rely on a young gun to fill the number 13 jersey. They'll need Milford and Hunt to be on fire if they are to do any damage, and while they do have a decent squad, I can see them missing the 8.

9. New Zealand Warriors

The Warriors no doubt have a team that can make the 8, but we have been saying that for the last 5 years and they have yet to do so. The addition of Kieran Foran would be a great one but we'll have to see whether he does lace the boots on or not. At their best they could be top 4 material but knowing them they'll fail once again.

10. Sydney Roosters

Another team that can make the 8, the Roosters have lost a lot of quality since 2015 and while injuries and suspension did play their part last year, they still lack the quality of the last few years. The addition of a few bad boys always spells trouble and a team with Mitchell Pearce guiding them around won't go too far.

11. Wests Tigers

With Robbie Farah off their backs the Tigers can start the season afresh but they still lack some size and power in the forward department, and they really need some experience in the spine. I can see them competing in a lot of games only to be let down by the lack of big game experience in the 6 and 7, which will hurt them the most.

12. Parramatta Eels

The Eels have made a lot of changes but some of them are fairly average to say the least. With the salary cap scandal behind them the club has seemingly gone down a 'quantity over quality' route, however Brad Arthur is a good coach that can get the best out of his players, so anything could happen.

13. Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs

There's a lot of controversy in Bankstown with the rumours of Des Hasler and James Graham ousted from the club, and with the way they finished 2016 is reminiscent of our exit in 2015. The team lacks attack and has all their money stacked into the boring and predictable forward pack, and with the lack of creative halves I can't see them in the 8.

14. St George Illawarra Dragons

Similar to the Bulldogs, the Dragons lack the attack needed to compete in games, and their halves pairing of Gareth Widdop and Drew Hutchison is hardly exciting. While they do have a decent forward pack, their new look spine will need time to gel and it could be hard to get a roll on over the more cohesive sides.

15. Manly Warringah Sea Eagles

God knows what is going on with Manly's squad. Coach Trent Barrett pretty much stripped the side from 2016 and has started putting pieces together. The signing of Blake Green is notable but a combination of ageing superstars, inexperienced rookies and a few journeymen doesn't spell good things for the Sea Eagles.

16. Newcastle Knights

I'm hoping that the Knights can get themselves up from the ground but they have easily the worst squad in the NRL. They've made some improvements from last season no doubt, but with such a young team lead by such an injury prone captain in Jarrod Mullen, the Knights will have to find something special to lift themselves up again, and hopefully for their sake they do.
Nice analysis R95. Next season is one of the hardest seasons to predict in a while.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

So we have:

Callmack 4th

R20 5th

Alien 6th

R95 7th

Very interesting.

Oh and Shadow 13th

Mate I want them to finish 1st but I would have to of had a few too many before I can see that happening.

DiegoNT

First Grade
1. Melbourne Storm- I think Smith, Cronk and Slater will have one final big campaign together before they start breaking up.

2. New Zealand Warriors- I always get burnt by tipping warrior so high, but they may have possibly the best spine ever if they all can click

3. Cronulla Sharks- Still expect them to go well without barba and ennis. Holmes at fullback is an exciting prospect

4. Penrith Panthers- could go anywhere this team. So many young players like Cleary, cartwright and Fischer-Harris will either kick on or suffer. Ridiculous depth

5. Canberra Raiders- don't know if all there players can sustain their amazing form for another 12 months. Still expect them up there.

6. Gold Coast Titans- can see them building something special there, and with hayne and elegy there from the start they could be a danger team

7. Cowboys- scott, Thurston and cooper are getting on in age, kostjacyn and tamou might be bigger losses then people realise.

8. Rabbitohs- I'm hoping I'm wrong and we are higher, but i don't know whether we can sustain form over a season plus we have shallow depth.

9. Eels- Arthur is building something there.
10. Bulldogs- always expect them to be there abouts.

11. Broncos- There biggest problem over the last 5 years has been their forward pack. Bennett manage to squeeze every drop of effort out of them in 2015, but Blair is back to his tigers daya, thaiday has been past it for years, Gillett is good on his day, glenn has become average and parker is gone. Have some good young 2nd rowers but have no good middle forwards coming through.

12. Tigers- aren't far off, young team on the up.

13. Roosters- will still suffer from letting Maloney go

14. Sea Eagles- Still have classy players, but still adjusting to a culture change

15. Dragons- place is a mess

16. Knights- will improve, but still a huge drop in quality to other teams.

Rabbits20

Immortal
1. Melbourne Storm- I think Smith, Cronk and Slater will have one final big campaign together before they start breaking up.

2. New Zealand Warriors- I always get burnt by tipping warrior so high, but they may have possibly the best spine ever if they all can click

3. Cronulla Sharks- Still expect them to go well without barba and ennis. Holmes at fullback is an exciting prospect

4. Penrith Panthers- could go anywhere this team. So many young players like Cleary, cartwright and Fischer-Harris will either kick on or suffer. Ridiculous depth

5. Canberra Raiders- don't know if all there players can sustain their amazing form for another 12 months. Still expect them up there.

6. Gold Coast Titans- can see them building something special there, and with hayne and elegy there from the start they could be a danger team

7. Cowboys- scott, Thurston and cooper are getting on in age, kostjacyn and tamou might be bigger losses then people realise.

8. Rabbitohs- I'm hoping I'm wrong and we are higher, but i don't know whether we can sustain form over a season plus we have shallow depth.

9. Eels- Arthur is building something there.
10. Bulldogs- always expect them to be there abouts.

11. Broncos- There biggest problem over the last 5 years has been their forward pack. Bennett manage to squeeze every drop of effort out of them in 2015, but Blair is back to his tigers daya, thaiday has been past it for years, Gillett is good on his day, glenn has become average and parker is gone. Have some good young 2nd rowers but have no good middle forwards coming through.

12. Tigers- aren't far off, young team on the up.

13. Roosters- will still suffer from letting Maloney go

14. Sea Eagles- Still have classy players, but still adjusting to a culture change

15. Dragons- place is a mess

16. Knights- will improve, but still a huge drop in quality to other teams.
Who is 10th???? The Dogs???

Edit just saw it now.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
your wrong r20 dont mix my words its not acceptable souths are always1st even if they dont have the personnel to win the big show.....i always back them to win i dont back other teams.....

Latest posts