What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predicting 5 Things that will happen season 2018

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
jimmy jimmy jimmy your such a little ray of sunshine. up until now I was looking forward to next season.

Oh well, I guess the last six-years of mediocrity has taken the stuffin' out of me.

If there's any solice, many of my posts are written based on the premise of reverse, reverse psychology.

Sometimes it works.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Number 1 THE ROOTERS crash landing in 2018 .
2 DRAG QUEEN to finally get a transgender operation
3 PAUL McGREGOR to get extended till 2035
4 THE BIG RED VVV to win a few games and Nightingale extends till 2035
5 COWBOYS to beat the storm in the grand final
That's enough misery for now .........

jak

Bench
Oh well, I guess the last six-years of mediocrity has taken the stuffin' out of me.

If there's any solice, many of my posts are written based on the premise of reverse, reverse psychology.

Sometimes it works.
what ever works for you, I just cross my fingers shut my eyes and hold my breath, between the two of us we will get it sorted.

Life's Good

Coach
1. NQ to win the GF
2. NSW to win Origin
3. Newcastle to be a Top 8 contender but run out of puff due to depth
4. Rookie coaches Brennan, Seibold & Pay acquit themselves well showing that a good apprenticeship is required to make it as a coach
5. McGregor stays on board for the full year with the ‘Sack McGregor’ seeing more activity than a singles website on Valentines Day.

giboz71

First Grade
1. Our backline will be hopelessly outgunned to start the year much like 2017.
2. Because of No. 1, Lomax will debut by mid year.
3. We’ll likely sneak into the 8, largely off the back of our forwards and Ben Hunt, but won’t get past the first week.
4. Because of No. 3, Mary is again safe in his job.
5. Roosters to win the comp.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
1. Hunt will improve the performance of the team by 20%.
2. We will have much more depth in the forwards.
3. The 2017 backline deficiencies will still cost us games.
4. Dufty will stand up and some young backs will shine.
5. Mc Gregor will be relieved of some or all of his responsibilities as unlike Bennett he will not address the reasons for losses.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
1. Hunt will improve the performance of the team by 20%.
2. We will have much more depth in the forwards.
3. The 2017 backline deficiencies will still cost us games.
4. Dufty will stand up and some young backs will shine.
5. Mc Gregor will be relieved of some or all of his responsibilities as unlike Bennett he will not address the reason

Rhyno

First Grade
1. Eels win the premiership
2. Jarryd Hayne wins 3rd dally M
3. Moses leads NSW to a series win
4. Sharks finish bottom 4
5. Dragons finish 6th

Dracarys

Juniors
January is cricket season not footy season so your first point is clearly incorrect.
Damn. you picked that up. Oh well we're all madmen here pining for the 50's and 60's
january-jones-mad-men.jpg

>

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
1. Vaughan to play SOO.
2. Mary will change his mind about tries of kicks.
3. The Sheikh will come marching in with the real estate agent first out the door.
4. Koroibete will be shown the money.
5. Mann will be picked on the bench again.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
1. NQ to win the GF
2. NSW to win Origin
3. Newcastle to be a Top 8 contender but run out of puff due to depth
4. Rookie coaches Brennan, Seibold & Pay acquit themselves well showing that a good apprenticeship is required to make it as a coach
5. McGregor stays on board for the full year with the ‘Sack McGregor’ seeing more activity than a singles website on Valentines Day.

Apropos point four: not always, remember Steve Price?

He served a long - and pretty successful - apprenticeship under Brown/Bennett but soon flunked under pressure.

A coach's chances of success is predicated mainly by 'the cattle'.

Always has been, always will be.

Belta

Juniors
1. 2018 will be the most closely contested top 8 in many years, bar the Cowboys who will be 8 points clear of the rest of the field.

2. Our backs show tremendous improvement which assists Aitken and Lafai to hit career best form.

3. JDB makes his NSW Origin debut.

4. Souths and Newcastle make the top 8.

5. Dragons finish 7th but are knocked out of the finals by the Cowboys who go on to win the GF

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
1. 2018 will be the most closely contested top 8 in many years, bar the Cowboys who will be 8 points clear of the rest of the field.

2. Our backs show tremendous improvement which assists Aitken and Lafai to hit career best form.

3. JDB makes his NSW Origin debut.

4. Souths and Newcastle make the top 8.

5. Dragons finish 7th but are knocked out of the finals by the Cowboys who go on to win the GF

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I can only make one sure prediction- everything that happens off field ie the club ownership model, who occupies key roles like CEO and coach within the club will be done along the lines of the trade union model- ie protection of existing perks and privileges, jobs for the boys, old mates club, zero accountability, you scratch my back....etc. Call me cynical if you like but that is what an optimist calls a realist.

Latest posts