What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions and Hopes for Warriors 2018

Rich102

Staff member
Yeah, I agree. However they have been hampered by their inability to hold passes and offloads.
Time to put a bit of dishwashing liquid on a wet ball in training?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, I agree. However they have been hampered by their inability to hold passes and offloads.
Time to put a bit of dishwashing liquid on a wet ball in training?

Think I saw somewhere we were top 2 in completions or lowest error count behind Manly?

JJ

Immortal
We've not been in anything but strife for a long time - these clowns are f**king delusional - the process, nothing more we could have done, we've developed pride for the future, blessings, and Johnson saying the doubters got their way - f**king doubters are right, and have been for years - not that we want it that way, just that for some reason everyone at the Warriors and in the Kiwis is kidding themselves - they can talk pride all they like, but a handful of first graders just beat them, and deservedly so

Alan Johnson

Juniors
The only way forward for league in this country is for the administration to take a long term view. They're not going to fix the game next year or the year after. But the first steps can be made now. They need to be made now.

The current crop of players/coaches/management aren't going to win premierships or world cups - this is self evident. Measures need to be taken to bolster the game at the level where it will have a meaningful and long term benefit to the game in this country: school and club grades. Strong roots grow mighty trees and all that guff. Maybe this is happening already? But clearly more needs to be done.

The Warriors need to be a credible and appealing product to inspire and motivate young players, attract fans, and develop the game of league in NZ. But they're not at the moment. Logic and experience tells me that the Warriors are no prospect of threatening the premiership this year, the next, or the one after that. We need to look further down the track. Being competitive in five years would be nice. Ten is more realistic.

My plan? Stop signing big name players and fill the team with reserve grade grafters, Toyota cup graduates and NRL journeymen. They'll get the spoon in the first year and the second, and maybe the third. But they will be well coached (by who I'm sorry I don't know), committed and passionate. After a few years they will start regularly troubling teams in the lower quarter of the NRL table. They will come to be known as a team of plucky overachievers rather than perennial underachievers. Meanwhile, the money the Warriors save will be funneled into developing the game in the school and club grades - overhauling the competitions in these grades and developing the infrastructure around the game in NZ.

Plan B (or ideally a part of Plan A) is to give McKinsey & Co. a blank cheque and carte blanche to run a fire-hose through the hallowed halls of Mt Smart, washing them clean of the ranks of charlatans and con men.

Alan Johnson

Juniors
And don't worry lads - we now have a few wonderful carefree months of relaxing cricket to enjoy before the horror begins afresh in March.

Daza06

Juniors
The Warriors could learn a lot from some of these smaller nations at the World Cup. Lebanon, Fiji and Tonga have strived above expectations and this isn't due to the talent in their squads but the pride they have in their jersey.

For a side dominated by New Zealanders (in fact, I don't have any Australian player in their strongest 17) the Warriors need to perform with pride. I thought Luke may have bought this with him when joining the club but it hasn't been apparent. Blair and Harris are now handed this role and I think they provide it in spades.

The Warriors are New Zealand! Bring pride into the jersey as the priority and the gameplan will fall into place. Not saying it's easy but gameplan isn't working for Kearney and his not far from getting the boot.

vvvrulz

Coach
Time to upgrade Rich's Last Man Standing -> Last Fan Standing

Anyone who makes it to the Round 26 is a bloody legend.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
...Warriors need to perform with pride. I thought Luke may have bought this with him when joining the club but it hasn't been apparent. Blair and Harris are now handed this role and I think they provide it in spades.
Yes to playing with pride. Lukes pride is with Souths, Blair is a mercenary and so is Harris.

jaseg

Juniors
No chance RE Vunakece as far as I understand - he's on the wrong side of 30 and refused a full-time Roosters contract a year ago as he wanted to keep his current job... focused on long term job security.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Yes to playing with pride. Lukes pride is with Souths, Blair is a mercenary and so is Harris.

And you know this, how? You could try learning a little about the bloke from people that know him (there's enough online).
Hasn't played in a Warriors jersey yet, hasn't officially started training yet (?), hasn't said anything as a Warrior , but you already have him consigned to the negative, put-down box...

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
And you know this, how? You could try learning a little about the bloke from people that know him (there's enough online).
Hasn't played in a Warriors jersey yet, hasn't officially started training yet (?), hasn't said anything as a Warrior , but you already have him consigned to the negative, put-down box...
We are talking about Warriors pride. How many clubs has Adam Blair played for? Storm, Tigers, Broncos and now he has Warriors pride lol. Its strictly business, it was out of us and Newcastle and we paid more at 600k a year. True pride in the Warriors would've seen him wanting to play for us for as long as I've been a fan, hell I have more pride in the Warriors. A mercenary, go google the definition.

I got no problem with that. Just don't say Adam Blair has true Warriors pride. Thats what were talking about.