What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions - Top 4 & Top 8

& while the " holier than thou " s are out in full flight, id be pretty careful what you wish for. Ya reckon BB was the only one caught?

shaggs

Coach
I don't care if players do blow. Good on em.
The issue for me is that he is hot or cold from season to season. The club wouldn't want to risk his usual bad season. Offered what he was worth for half a war.

Multiple players probably got done. Don't care.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I want to win but not by bowing down to idiots. The dude fked up royal, he only had to wait a few days until all of his obligations to the club were finished for the year, then he could rack up all he wanted. That goes for the other 2 that no one knows about. Stupid!

Inferno

Coach
Depends on if ya want to win again or not!!! I do.. Halving his salary, when he would have actually been upgraded, was stupidity of the highest order & why he isnt still with us.
The holier than though attitude, is what sent this club drifting for 50 years. Enough.

What did the club not do that it should have done with him?

That's very specific. Sauce?
I'm gathering as it has been said that Barba was to be on $600k this year and us paying the full bill for the first time. So you take the 12 week suspension out and it adds up to 309?
I'm not answering for coifey, just getting into his trail of thought. ..
I'd better get out...its a dark place

Card Shark

Immortal
A season goes for about 45 weeks. 5 weeks off between seasons & 2 weeks off at Christmas.

Considering he was out of action for all but the last 20 of the 45, if we offered him 1/2 his original money, it's not unfair.

The 20 comes from only being suspended for 10 weeks, 2 served in trial / WCC. Last 16 rounds including 2 byes + 4 finals.

Quigs

Immortal
What about the penalty rates. Extra money for Sundays and the late night Saturday games. Have you taken that into account when working out your final figure.

No its not unfair. But hes gone.
This compay we worked for had this gun project manager. Awesome. But he got pizzed one night, got into some dumb argument with his office narc. Now this guy was a gun, tough, but everybody knew what they got. They got projects on time, everybody got paid, everybody got more work.
They suspended the guy without pay, kept her on. he got a new, better job that paid more. 2 failed projects later, due to to incompetence & loss of experience, that chick has now lost her job, as the company has completely folded in a messs of liquidated damages claims . Everybody is worse off. Morale of the story? Compounding far cups.
Nobody can say Barba was going to be unable to string 2 good seasons together. Thats just pure bullshyte.
What is fact, the best fullback the club as has ever had, was lost due to money.
If we were smart, we should have employed an uncontracted ex player(BB) $350k for mowing the lawn for 6 months. or employed his manager as talent scount for 6 months. Whatevas. Then signed him as a player on $350 k upgraded the following year to $750k. irrespective of what any of you think, its his value. its the fullback positions value. Its what Holmes will be on.
So, we better hope your holmes boy aims up, or we are in trouble , long term.

Eion

First Grade
I'd rather have him than not...but we don't. I'm just trying to console myself that it was likely he would have brain farted during the year anyway.

And benny only seemed to bag the NRL, not the club, when he jumped ship. Who's to know he's not just running away as his own choice? That's what I reckon...he's done that a few times, including last year when he was playing great.

Card Shark

Immortal
I was of the understanding that we offered Barba a contract for the season (like 15 other clubs could have), of which he agreed to take.

It was then lodged with the NRL, who stewed over it & forced him to look at other avenues to get some income, if the NRL didn't come to the party.

Out of the NRL, Barba, Barba's manager & the Sharks, I'd say we get about 10% blame in all of this.

I agree he's a great loss, our best player imo but we had a plan & Barba was the 1 who reneged on it. We will struggle without him but we still have an awesome side imo, who are 1 year older but 5 years more experienced / confident, after winning the comp.

In regards to your project manager story, I agree that that bloke was unlucky. My mate was sacked because he showed a chick something on his phone or computer that he warned her, it might offend her. She was hopeless but hopeless won. Hard to like her after that.

MilkShark

First Grade
Hope we do lock him in, some talk of him going to Newcastle.

He's be way better value than Matt Scott.
Depends on what he's asking now. He was good when he was a cheapie, I reckon he will want more now and from the last 2 games i've seen of him, he should still be a cheapie.

Latest posts