What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Predictions - Top 4 & Top 8

I w
In regards to your project manager story, I agree that that bloke was unlucky.
No he wasn't.He is killing it. Best thing to evr happen to him. The loser was the family company, all of the employees & all of the subs. he was happy doing what he was doing with no thought of moving on. But when he had to, due to money being taken off him, he did.

Eion

First Grade
Haha of course getting caught is all that matters. Otherwise may as well suspend all of the tigers for 4 years for betting and all the knights players for 4 years for taking steroids.

Inferno

Coach
No its not unfair. But hes gone.
This compay we worked for had this gun project manager. Awesome. But he got pizzed one night, got into some dumb argument with his office narc. Now this guy was a gun, tough, but everybody knew what they got. They got projects on time, everybody got paid, everybody got more work.
They suspended the guy without pay, kept her on. he got a new, better job that paid more. 2 failed projects later, due to to incompetence & loss of experience, that chick has now lost her job, as the company has completely folded in a messs of liquidated damages claims . Everybody is worse off. Morale of the story? Compounding far cups.
Nobody can say Barba was going to be unable to string 2 good seasons together. Thats just pure bullshyte.
What is fact, the best fullback the club as has ever had, was lost due to money.
If we were smart, we should have employed an uncontracted ex player(BB) $350k for mowing the lawn for 6 months. or employed his manager as talent scount for 6 months. Whatevas. Then signed him as a player on $350 k upgraded the following year to $750k. irrespective of what any of you think, its his value. its the fullback positions value. Its what Holmes will be on.
So, we better hope your holmes boy aims up, or we are in trouble , long term.

So essentially you're saying the club f**ked up by not:

1) cheating the salary cap funnelling funds to a player off the books and
2) paying full freight for a player we were at most going to get half a season out of

I'll be honest I think the club just might have done the right thing here...

you can pay whatever you like to non registered players in any capacity you like. Barba was out of the NRL This was shown by the fact that they would not start his sspension until he had a registered contract. ie. He was no longer a player.
Many current managers are also talent scouts & get paid TWICE for signings.

So Ferguson was unregistered for 12 months in 2014 & on the Roosters payroll the entire time. Even going to games in Roosters attire. The reason the NRL made Barba have a registered contract prior to the ban commencing, was so we couldnt avoid salary cap expenses.Our penalty, not his. Then they would not let him play 9's or trials & have it counted towards ban. Again, our penalty, not his.
Anyway, we bit off our nose to spite our face, now we have to spend about 700-900 grand to find a fullback, if Holmes doesnt work out or , as is the case with hamstrings, takes forever to come good.
Dugan would be a great pick up.

Madsharkie

First Grade
Dugan can get f**ked! Bloke can hardly carry his tattoos some games.
I was one of Benny's biggest fans and was one of the few in here who believed he should have been given the 1 jersey a year earlier. Unfortunately it's not going to change what has happened. Time for Holmes to step up.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
So Ferguson was unregistered for 12 months in 2014 & on the Roosters payroll the entire time. Even going to games in Roosters attire. The reason the NRL made Barba have a registered contract prior to the ban commencing, was so we couldnt avoid salary cap expenses.Our penalty, not his. Then they would not let him play 9's or trials & have it counted towards ban. Again, our penalty, not his.
Anyway, we bit off our nose to spite our face, now we have to spend about 700-900 grand to find a fullback, if Holmes doesnt work out or , as is the case with hamstrings, takes forever to come good.
Dugan would be a great pick up.
Would rather eat my own shit than see Dugan in a Sharks jumper.

dugan doesn't do any of the good things barba does.

did the sharks have to release barba? could we have just kept him and wore the suspension?

Latest posts