What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Conviction

Hoekstra

Juniors
I'm sometimes amazed at the level of consideration Prior’s game gets.

He has some much publicised ball handling issues at times granted, but if they stick with him in the second row and just let him run and tackle like a demon, he'll be nothing but an asset to the team.

How good did our forwards look out there last night? It’s an athletic mobile pack that is not afraid to muscle up. Spewing now I did not put De Bellin in my fantasy squad.

st.phil

Bench
Prior was great last night - couple errors but not clangers like Young and Fein. Was very slippery out there and we all know his hands aint got glue on them...but I thought he was our best back rower last night. Very aggressive and he looks to have gained a yard in pace

Father Ted

First Grade
I'm sometimes amazed at the level of consideration Prior’s game gets.

He has some much publicised ball handling issues at times granted, but if they stick with him in the second row and just let him run and tackle like a demon, he'll be nothing but an asset to the team.

Interesting you'd play Prior like a new age Peter Fitzgerald. Might work .

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Did anyone see the Eggs and Donkeys last night, now that's how to cough up possession. That game was far less intense or physical as ours, nor did it have the big media build-up.

Matt will drop balls this season, but his good will far outweigh his bad.

Big Norm

Willow

Assistant Moderator
People are saying yeah he played good except for the dropped balls :eek:

Those dropped balls should have cost us the game and only because Cuthbo thought he still played for us and dropped it, we didn't lose the game.

If it happened every 4-5 games you would say bad luck mate and move on but with Prior, it happens every freaken game.

His poor handling of the ball has been shit for 3 years in row, now defenders are targetting him because he is a weak link.

Make no mistake, Prior will cost us games this year.

Should have been sold in the off season.
Seth, when it came to dropped balls on Thursday night, Prior wasn't Robinson Crusoe out there.

The Nick

Bench
How old is Matt Prior?? I mean he's still a kid with a hell of a lot of improvement left in him. He's an incredible athlete with a mountain of potential in him, and in my opinion he's already a decent first grade footballer.

How many players are there in the NRL that have his combination of size, strength, agility, speed and endurance??? Not many, I can assure you!!

Give him a few years, he will probably end up playing Origin and Test football. Yes I said it.

Ball handling skills can easily be obtained, but an athlete of Prior's calibre doesn't come along that often!

I mean seriously, it wasn't that long ago that Beau Scott had hands like feet, now he's in the top echelon of back rowers. And he wasn't blessed with half the natural ability that Prior has.

j0nesy

Bench
I got the impression that the Knights targetted Prior a bit. Perhaps there was something in that? Bennett was his coach for 3 years.

Prior is a very good footballer, but occasionally, he comes across to me as lacking a little agression. Probably only a perception thing, because no first grade footballer is a wuss. However if a player is percieved to have a weakness they will be targeted. As a result Prior cops some good hits and that is why hes prone to spill his lollies. Nevertheless hes not a player id like to see us lose, I rate him!

centralsaint

Juniors
Prior is a must for the dragons future. He has a big engine and has started this season well. Prior and De Belin are our future leaders up front.

Jack De Ripper

Juniors
It would depend on who the fullback that we have signed is.

Creagh/Stewart/DeBellin wouldnt be the worst back row in the comp now would it. Esp if Scott has gone all sluggish.

RedVDave

First Grade
Yet again Prior is getting a bagging big time which is totally unjustified for mine, made the 3rd most tackles and gained the 2nd most metres of anyone in our team and played the full 84mins in the wet no less ...yeah I think I would buggered after all that work load as well, I think he needs to put his hand up for a rest sometimes but maybe he feels that will let the team down who knows?