What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with our team

doyen

Bench
Looks like basically the same team against the BRONCOS.

Goodwin back at No.4.
Gray wing.
Cody FB.
JS 5/8.
AR named.
Twins named as starting props.
Farah starting--Cook No.14.

Rsag85

Bench
R20,ALIEN,SSTID,ITSONLYAMANSGAME,AND HANDYMAN its fairly simple contracts are worthless these days and are broken continually for what ever reasons the players sees fit for their advantage ....

1..sack the 16 duds along with sutton, goodwin, and farah there in its self is a pot of cas$$$$ to play with..

2. as you know sammy only has his 2 bro""s with musgrove with crichton and it seems fuimaono punches above his weight as a forward and has a go unlike these (3) duds tyrrell,clark and turner.

3. i know im dreaming but realistically in our world once the 19 players are off loaded then we need to buy (4) 1st grade forwards and at least one of these forwards has to be at least a klemmer or a vaughn level type player so as one of these 2 players mentioned can help sammy out like ben teo once did...

4. we only have inglis,johnston,hunt,reyno and cody in our back line so that means we need to buy another centre and another winger of dylan walker and blake fergusons ability to have a decent back line force....

5. The bottom line is after we off load the unwanted (19) players then all we need is to buy (4) forwards and (2) backs to put us in good stead for 2018,if this cant be achieved then heaven help us the bottom line is the club got us into this mess after 2014 and its unacceptable as a loyal fan/ member.I am sure our sponsors and fan/members and for our clubs name sake now believe that crowe right down to madge must now take full responsibility for their failures after 2014 and must now put the thinking cap on and truly concentrate getting us out of this absurd mess that they put us in today. This has to be done other wise stay with mediocrity and since winning our 21st premiership in 2014 we should not be in this ghastly predicament on 13th position in 2017 . i very much doubt that bellamy or bennett after winning a grand final would be in this mess today all the big wigs at souths management need to take a good look at themselves i shudder to think is this how they run their own businesses i hope not so why did this happen to our club?Big changes need to occur ASAP starting with culling the 19 players above that would be a positive start in the right direction . ..

Shadow..

There is a old saying Rome wasn't built in a day. Just remember that saying ok

greg jay

Juniors
After the upcoming most likely Brisbane debacle talk of major change will intensify. I can hear it now.

greg jay

Juniors
Its a good point. Well spotted. I would not cut guys like Hunt and I keep at least Gray or Johnson or both. I think you can win games with these guys as has been proven. Otherwise there is NO DEPTH. Players such as Farah Tyrell Kelly Neilsen Clark At Least two Burgess Brothers et al should be automatic cuts but I keep Turner or Sutton [but NOT both] for some depth. creating effective Salary Cap space should be the stated goal but where is Richardson or Crowe on this matter??? They cannot keep ducking and hiding from the obvious changes that the club needs to make otherwise the mass support and passion of fans will just die off. Nobody will continue supporting a No Hoper team dropping like a lead anchor.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

Well we built a winning grand final team and won in 2014 then crowe down to madge wrecked it all now you give us that stupid rome cliche,you worry me please seek help mate you add nothing of importance or any strategy to souths down fall after 2014 you babble just a bunch of stupid cliches which aint going to help souths why dont you try and come up with something truly constructive to why we are on 13th position i can tell you why becoz we have THE DUD 16 IN OUR 32 MAN SQUAD WHICH EQUATES TO 50% OF OUR PLAYERS ARE NOT 1ST GRADE PLAYERS THATS WHY SOUTHS ARE SHIIIT .! P.S. Maybe that is too hard for you to mentally digest mate......Shadow...

Last edited:

JetRider

Juniors
Its a good point. Well spotted. I would not cut guys like Hunt and I keep at least Gray or Johnson or both. I think you can win games with these guys as has been proven. Otherwise there is NO DEPTH. Players such as Farah Tyrell Kelly Neilsen Clark At Least two Burgess Brothers et al should be automatic cuts but I keep Turner or Sutton [but NOT both] for some depth. creating effective Salary Cap space should be the stated goal but where is Richardson or Crowe on this matter??? They cannot keep ducking and hiding from the obvious changes that the club needs to make otherwise the mass support and passion of fans will just die off. Nobody will continue supporting a No Hoper team dropping like a lead anchor.

You have to be kidding, most of us have been supporting Souths through worse times and would not consider changing teams, win or lose always a Bunnies fan.

greg jay

Juniors
The club is in the midst of a real crisis likely to erupt after Friday Evening. The Brisbane game will likely be a total debacle especially if NO HOPERS like Barrie KELLY play!!! A major flogging is highly likely and rumours of major changes - including axeing Maguire - will finally begin. Crowe is likely to cut Maguire first before he finally relents on The Burgess Brothers given his emotional and historical committment to them. The only way Crowe can justify continuing with The Burgess Clan any longer is to try a NEW HEAD COACH and see if that sparks a revival in form especially among Yiorgos and Thomas. Crowe needs to find this out before the season ends so I suspect that Crowe will deliver the axe to Maguire sooner rather than later. As the saying goes... Watch this space!

greg jay

Juniors
You have to be kidding, most of us have been supporting Souths through worse times and would not consider changing teams, win or lose always a Bunnies fan.
I wish you all the very best in supporting a No Hoper team. Are you content also with Maguire's style of play and team management??? With the culling of THREE YOUNG STUD STARTING BACKS FROM A GF WINNING SIDE especially D. Walker??? I stated absolutely nothing about supporting/changing to "other teams". Personally I would not support any club given that The Crisps have collapsed.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

REAL SOUTHS FANS ALWAYS STAY LOYAL THESE ARE THE REAL FANS THAT BACK SOUTHS EACH AND EVERY GAME FROM THE WOMB TO THE PINE BOX AND NOT PICK THE OTHER TEAMS WHEN SOUTHS PLAY AGAINST THEM EVEN WHEN ALL HOPE SEEMS LOST ITS THE SOUTH SYDNEY WAY TO DO SO . AND ITS UNSOUTH SYDNEY TO PICK ANOTHER TEAM AGAINST SOUTHS WHICH FOR ME MEANS YOUR NOT A REAL SOUTHS FAN IN ANY SENSE OF THE WORD .!....Shadow...

Last edited:

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

saggy pants could not spot an elephant in the room .! Now that you agree with saggy pants you have sadly lost all acredibility with me....Shadow...

Last edited:

JetRider

Juniors
I wish you all the very best in supporting a No Hoper team. Are you content also with Maguire's style of play and team management??? With the culling of THREE YOUNG STUD STARTING BACKS FROM A GF WINNING SIDE especially D. Walker??? I stated absolutely nothing about supporting/changing to "other teams". Personally I would not support any club given that The Crisps have collapsed.
I am not content with a losing team but would not support any other club.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I can't believe someone would ever change clubs.. that just defeats the point of being a member/supporter. Have to take the good times with the bad. Souths are having it rough right now but that's not going to be permanent!

greg jay

Juniors
I can't believe someone would ever change clubs.. that just defeats the point of being a member/supporter. Have to take the good times with the bad. Souths are having it rough right now but that's not going to be permanent!
It will be medium to longer term as long as 1. Maguire remains Head Coach. Team is saturated with him and its completely finished. 2. The Salary Cap is strangled by high profile players who do NOT win the team games. Bad times are now two seasons and counting ok? How many poor seasons do you want???