What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Profiles Are Up!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't want to sign established players, I want the next generation that's coming through.
But we can easily lose them in the next couple of years when they are set to become something and then they could go elsewhere..... Angus may be an example of this.......

Then you're back to square 1.

Rabbits20

Immortal
You guys have your heads up your backside. That squad is back to early 2000's levels of shitness.

We will need a miracle to make the top 8.
Mate I completely.

They currently think you and me are fools....

Mind you for the past 2 seasons I got my hopes up and I'm not filling into that trap again....

Dynamic Rabbit and itsamansgame see sense.....

Majority of this forum though is in fantasy world.........

Seibs will have to work miracles....... I feel sorry for the poor bloke......

I have analysed the squad clearly at the top of this thread.....

I completely agree Rsag as well........ saddle up mate for a long one........

2019 will be better but next season......

We have about 14 first graders there at this stage only.....

southsport

First Grade
But we can easily lose them in the next couple of years when they are set to become something and then they could go elsewhere..... Angus may be an example of this.......

Then you're back to square 1.

That's the same for every club.

Rsag85

Bench
We have 38 players currently..... I think that's about it...........

Only about 14 first graders there though.....

We need a handful to really really stand up........

Most will go to the 20s I think one or two will remain in the main squad

Rabbits20

Immortal
Most will go to the 20s I think one or two will remain in the main squad
Well we need a squad of 30 mate....

It goes like this based on what we have:

GI
AJ
Gagai
Hunt
Jennings
Burns
Kennar
Graham
Arthars

AR
Cody
Doueihi

Farah
Cook

Britt
Sam
Tom
George
Clark
Crichton
Johnstone
Murray
Musgrove
Nicholls
Stockwell
Sutton
Talakai
Turner
Martin

Position 30 not sure, maybe Rodwell or Tracey....

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
There's 30 players in the main squad plus 5 development players. That's the structure of squads this year. Im pretty sure that means in total there's 35 players in the top squad. If you want to call anyone else up into first grade you need special permission from the NRL.

Scoopdog

Juniors
Well we need a squad of 30 mate....

It goes like this based on what we have:

GI
AJ
Gagai
Hunt
Jennings
Burns
Kennar
Graham
Arthars

AR
Cody
Doueihi

Farah
Cook

Britt
Sam
Tom
George
Clark
Crichton
Johnstone
Murray
Musgrove
Nicholls
Stockwell
Sutton
Talakai
Turner
Martin

Position 30 not sure, maybe Rodwell or Tracey....
Position 30 is fui.you overlooked him

Rabbitoad

Juniors
So much negativity.

In 2014 we started the season with 10 established first graders (the four Burgess brothers, G.I, Bully, McQueen, Reynolds, Sutton and Te'o), 2 guys in their second year (Keary and Walker), 5 debutants (Auva'a, Johnston, Koroisau, McInnes and Turner), 2 guys who didn't get through the season (Champion and Merritt) and 8 fringe players who were probably lucky to get contracts (Clark, Goodwin, Lowe, Neale, Picker, Reddy, Tuqiri and Tyrrell).

That squad won a premiership.

Compare that to our current squad.

We have more depth across the park and a whole bunch of kids ready to take off the way Johnston, Walker, Keary and Auva'a did in 2014.

Again, if you're this determined to be miserable, nothing is going to make you happy.

callmack1

Staff member
So much negativity.

In 2014 we started the season with 10 established first graders (the four Burgess brothers, G.I, Bully, McQueen, Reynolds, Sutton and Te'o), 2 guys in their second year (Keary and Walker), 5 debutants (Auva'a, Johnston, Koroisau, McInnes and Turner), 2 guys who didn't get through the season (Champion and Merritt) and 8 fringe players who were probably lucky to get contracts (Clark, Goodwin, Lowe, Neale, Picker, Reddy, Tuqiri and Tyrrell).

We have more depth across the park and a whole bunch of kids ready to take off the way Johnston, Walker, Keary and Auva'a did in 2014.

Again, if you're this determined to be miserable, nothing is going to make you happy.
Awesome post there bro. Couldn't agree more.

Let's hope our young guys continue the way they are and even more come through.

Rabbits20

Immortal
So much negativity.

I disagree there.

Goodwin is not a fringe first grader...

Look at the percentage of games he's played compared to what he hasn't....

Do I have to dig up the stats like I've done before??? You are wrong on this one....

I don't believe Lote was a fringe first grader either......

Nor do I believe at the time Clark, Lowe were regular bench players who were mainly up for it.....

Tyrrell was in much better form back then too....

Imo you are over exaggerating....

At the start as well Merritt was a regular first grader and no one could see he'd deteriorate so fast....

I only see 3 fringe players back in that moment......

Rabbits20

Immortal
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryson_Goodwin

Good old wiki does it for me easily.....

Goodwin played 99 games over 5 seasons with us.

So pretty much 20 games a year and he was left out of the team at one stage due to not changing a winning side when he came back from injury and Lote was killing it....

At other times he had a few injuries along the way....

20 games a year on average is not a fringe first grader....

While I am at it let me add what Nightingale adds to the Dragons still even though he's getting on. He played on the international stage like Bryson has done too....

Goodwin adds to our side what Nightingale adds to the Dragons and that's a calm level experienced head who gets the job done.....

We will sorely miss Bryson's energy and finishing abilities along with him willing to roll his sleeves up and get through the shit work that guys like Jennings and Hunt haven't displayed the ability to do yet at this point in time.......

Latest posts