What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pwergen Challenge Cup QF

bartman

Immortal
Wow. I've been away and can't believe those Sunday scores... thought Toulouse might be a chance of a close win but not that. And what's doing Wigan?

Anyone know did they do the draw for the semi-final match-ups?

Paul-The-Cowboy

Juniors
Injury prone signings, overpaid dross and naive use of the salary cap by Lindsay has caught up with Wigan. And naturally, the sale of Farrell who has been carrying them n recent years. Injuries have hit them but the likes of Salford, Wakefield etc have had as much if not more. The loss of O'loughlin was a cruel one tohugh and has hit them hard. He's an international class player, and a true leader. Something they're missing ATM.

Obviously I enjoyed the scoreline but I really feel for the fans. For what everyone says the core of the Wigan support are a loyal bunch, despite their years of success. They brought a lot of fans over and the majority stuck it out to the end, and supported the team.

They'll be better off when Lindsay's well out of there and that's starting to become the general consensus here in Wigan.

Listening to Millward as well, I'm not really sure how much of his heart's in this job.

On a positive note, superb display by Sean Gleeson. Young gun in his second game, playing out of position and looked like one of the few playing with heart and purpose. You've got to feel sorry for youngsters such as him, when the senior players such as SeuSeu, Moran etc are letting them down and not showing the way.

They'll bounce back though. May take a couple of seasons of rebuilding but they've got a big fanbase, great stadium, and good resources.

bartman

Immortal
They're not looking anything like making the six from here, but have signed a good prospect in Iafeta P... for the front row for next year.

But they need a few more. With injuries their squad looks understrength by Wigan standards. At least sounds like the fans are sticking it out in the face of things anyway.

terracesider

Juniors
I think the Cowbody has got it about right. Lindsay seems to have been losing his grip, letting young talent go and keeping the old crocks.

Injuries are no excuse for that performance. Wigan still had enough talent on the park not to get humiliated so I doubt losng to St Helens will worry Millward as much as the unprofesssional way in which they too easily lay down and surrendered.

Latest posts