What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qatar sheik worth an estimated $60 billion wants to invest in the NRL

taipan

Referee
Not sure why you were quoting me with your reply. My post was suggesting there may be no real money at the other end. You know the saying: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Sheesh my stuff up.The reply was intended for King hit. I must be in Christmas mode, not thinking too clearly.

Perth Tiger

Bench
The average Australian man is about 5foot6, dumpy and balding. These arent the ones who make elite sporting teams...

I understand that their is a sterio type of Asian people being slim and small (which generally holds true). But in a population of 300million, do you really think their arent a dozen blokes with a little bit of height and muscle?

You say that but with that huge population they have only ever won 7 Olympic gold medals all of which are in badminton. There soccer team is currently ranked 154 in the world and as recently as last year were ranked 191. basically the worst in the world with 300 million people.

So I don't think it would be a stretch to say they have no chance of ever being competitive in RL.

Reactions: Gm5

Homo man69

Juniors
Some of these comments prove why RL is struggling. Some really really really rich guy wants to invest in the game and you guys straight away put him down and make fun of him? This is a HUGE opportunity. If this guy bought a club like Newcastle. Then they would become the richest sports club in the Southern Hemisphere. Guy has probably read these comments and thought stuff em.

Homo man69

Juniors
You say that but with that huge population they have only ever won 7 Olympic gold medals all of which are in badminton. There soccer team is currently ranked 154 in the world and as recently as last year were ranked 191. basically the worst in the world with 300 million people.

So I don't think it would be a stretch to say they have no chance of ever being competitive in RL.
I agree. Indo are hopless at sport. Waste of time.

DIOGENES

Juniors
A very quick search of Wikipedia shows that: 1. this guy is not worth his own article 2. He and his family are not worth anything near 60b and 3. He has pissed most of his money against the wall building a massive museum

This is a massive beat up but that does not mean that the guy is not massively wealthy and may be willing to throw a few lazy mill into RL

Canard

Immortal
Some of these comments prove why RL is struggling. Some really really really rich guy wants to invest in the game and you guys straight away put him down and make fun of him? This is a HUGE opportunity. If this guy bought a club like Newcastle. Then they would become the richest sports club in the Southern Hemisphere. Guy has probably read these comments and thought stuff em.

Yeh this isn't a troll account or anything.

Banned in 10,9,8

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
“I’m an entrepreneur,” said Ibrahim, who owns a company called Aqeeq Holdings.
“And I’m a massive Dragons fan. I bleed red and white. I have been telling them about our game and they’re not short of a quid.
“Money won’t be an issue for them. Who knows, there may even be another Super League? The money is there.

This supposed dragons fan knows f**k all about rugby league if he thinks a statement like that is a positive thing.

Homo man69

Juniors
Yeh this isn't a troll account or anything.

Banned in 10,9,8
Why is this a troll account? Why should I be banned? I'm asking legitimate questions. How is that different to everyone else. If anyone should get banned Its you for being homophobic. That is discrimination. Which according to the rules is an instant ban. I'm just hear to talk about league and it hurts when I hear comments like yours.

V0IiJqt_ZHKNA7XYscxay9-Aj9ThugUhpWqNSdXx7nn5UmOnSSiawhRfo5xURgqcPuZSHsAK8kGszvrAu3sHwce22nWsc8hhjpHUohg=w320-h240-nc

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Why is this a troll account? Why should I be banned? I'm asking legitimate questions. How is that different to everyone else. If anyone should get banned Its you for being homophobic. That is discrimination. Which according to the rules is an instant ban. I'm just hear to talk about league and it hurts when I hear comments like yours.

The irony here is delicious.

Canard

Immortal

What homophobic comment did I make? You fake pillow biter..........