What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qatar Sheikh Wanting To Buy NRL Club

possm

Coach
This reminds me of the Nathan Tinkler -Knights fiasco. Rich enthusiastic benevolent dictator takes over, NRL happy to see the money, then when the dictator starts losing money he is no longer benevolent or enthusiastic and buggers off leaving a mess for someone else to clean up.

I am wary of these sort of blokes. The media likes to portray them as white knights riding to the rescue. More often than not they are looking to make a quick buck from sale of assets or tax income write-downs.
I'm very interested on you portrayal of our current management and the state of our Club and Leagues Clubs. Given where we have come from surely the Sheik would be a huge upgrade.

possm

Coach
My spies tell me GORDON is very much in the picture and don't forget if he gets control the current crop of leeches will keep their jobs ..............

Each bid should be considered on it's merits by the Club and by the NRL. The superior bid should be the bid accepted. Who knows, maybe there is a case for a joint venture between Gordon and the Sheik.

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think Frank Facer is having a bit of fun. Yes, John & Sam Ibrahim do have a brother named Michael, but it's not the same Michael Ibrahim who's been talking to the sheikh.
No, I was not have a bit of fun. I 100% believed that the Michael Ibrahim who is the Sheik's friend was John and Sam's brother. Maybe I am wrong? lol

I did think it was interesting that they referred to Michael Ibrahim as an entrepreneur in the article I read.

SaintPauli

Juniors
Arn't the Ibrahims contravesial ?

Weren't the Qataries controversial with their world cup soccer bid?

I'd rather wait than rush into a deal with contraversial figures that may screw our club in the future.

Coffs dragon

Bench
No, different Ibrahim. I had the same thought too but from what I've been about to find out they're not related in any way.
As JDHD has stated this is a different Michael Ibrahim and is no relation to the "dodgy brothers" Ibrahim and can be verified on a google search.
Whatever happens in the future it needs to be above board, transparent and no backroom deals to cling onto power and divide with further factions.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'm very interested on you portrayal of our current management and the state of our Club and Leagues Clubs. Given where we have come from surely the Sheik would be a huge upgrade.

Point taken, current management are dictators as well, which is a big part of the problem. There's no mechanism for change or replacement of our underperforming dictatorial management unless corruption or illegal activities are involved.

The Sheik is clearly an upgrade in terms of cash, on the other hand I don't think it would worry him unduly if the club failed or even disappeared down the track. He simply won't have the emotional investment in the club that you, me, thousands of fans, and even Doust has. Still wary of his motives/intentions.