What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Qld Cup and NSW Cup

Quidgybo

Bench
What a load of crap.

So blokes playing in their club's top team in Wagga are no longer playing first grade because the competitions in the cities have been reorganised ?
You can try to miss the point any way you like but it doesn't change the fact that blokes from Wagga will never again be selected to play Origin or for Australia unless they play in the NRL or a successor competition - the one and only top tier club competition left in this country.

Leigh.

Last edited:

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Eligibility for Origin has got nothing to do with what competitions are called.

Almost every senior rugby league competition in Australia, be it Group whatever in NSW, the Newcastle comp, the Mackay club comp or the Brisbane club competition has grades described as First Grade, Reserve Grade and Colts or an equivalent.

bender

Juniors
You can try to miss the point any way you like but it doesn't change the fact that blokes from Wagga will never again be selected to play Origin or for Australia unless they play in the NRL or a successor competition - the one and only top tier club competition left in this country.

Leigh.

I reckon if Darren Lockyer signed to play for Wagga for a season, next year, and made himself available for Qld, he might just sneak into the side;-)

bondy064

Juniors
First grade for your club is first grade no matter if its not NRL. NRL is the ultimate first grade for a Rugby League player cause it's the only full time professional league in Australia. Quidgybo, you are kidding!! There will never be a player selected in another league outside of NRL in Australia to repersent a rep team....those days are goonnnneee!!

Quick question, me and my dad are having a debate to see which competition has more better players in it. Which competition would you say is more tougher?

Bro Bear

Juniors
The only way that will be answered correctly is by the NRL promoting the game more - A Challenge Cup as curtain raisers between the NSW and QLD Cup teams before NRL games. Would rather watch these games then the U20's.

Quidgybo

Bench
Quidgybo, you are kidding!! There will never be a player selected in another league outside of NRL in Australia to repersent a rep team....those days are goonnnneee!!
I'm kidding?!? I must be, because I never said what you appear to be replying to. I said blokes from Wagga (ie. outside of the NRL in Australia) will never again be selected to play Origin or for Australia unless they play in the NRL. You seem to have read it as the exact opposite.

Leigh.

bondy064

Juniors
I'm kidding?!? I must be, because I never said what you appear to be replying to. I said blokes from Wagga (ie. outside of the NRL in Australia) will never again be selected to play Origin or for Australia unless they play in the NRL. You seem to have read it as the exact opposite.

Leigh.

Sorry, i must of read wrong. Challenge Cup idea sounds great but i guess you have to consider most of the players in the Qld/NSW Cups have full time jobs and might find the expense to great.

Latest posts