What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...erees-ahead-of-origin-ii-20170618-gwtqy6.html

The NSW Blues have implored the referees not to allow the contest to be dragged down by Queensland's wrestling tactics as they look to wrap up the series in Sydney on Wednesday night.

The Blues know Queensland will place a far greater emphasis on slowing down the ruck to minimise the destruction the NSW forward pack inflicted in the opening game of the series, won 28-4 by Laurie Daley's men.

The Suncorp Stadium ambush last month was rated as one of the most entertaining games of football in recent memory so it's no surprise the Blues want game two officiated in a similar manner, with NSW prop Aaron Woods hoping the referees won't allow the game to be spoiled by the Maroons' expected wrestling tactics.

"It just depends on how the refs are going to ref," Woods said.
"If they were as open as game one ... I thought there wasn't a lot of wrestling in game one. It was very quick and very physical ... Just ref the game the same as they did in the first game.

What's your point? That the Blues and Blue media are pre-whingers? Point taken.

Canard

Immortal
Interesting to see the Flop kings Woods and Fifita tried to milk ruck penalties all night and got jack shit.

For mine a flop should result in a MRC charge.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...erees-ahead-of-origin-ii-20170618-gwtqy6.html

The NSW Blues have implored the referees not to allow the contest to be dragged down by Queensland's wrestling tactics as they look to wrap up the series in Sydney on Wednesday night.

The Blues know Queensland will place a far greater emphasis on slowing down the ruck to minimise the destruction the NSW forward pack inflicted in the opening game of the series, won 28-4 by Laurie Daley's men.

The Suncorp Stadium ambush last month was rated as one of the most entertaining games of football in recent memory so it's no surprise the Blues want game two officiated in a similar manner, with NSW prop Aaron Woods hoping the referees won't allow the game to be spoiled by the Maroons' expected wrestling tactics.

"It just depends on how the refs are going to ref," Woods said.
"If they were as open as game one ... I thought there wasn't a lot of wrestling in game one. It was very quick and very physical ... Just ref the game the same as they did in the first game.

The NSW team themselves were QLD's best weapon. QLD just watched and pounced as NSW self-destructed.

Groundhog Day for NSW.

myrrh ken

First Grade
JT was the difference last night. Better hope he's there game 3 to lift Cronk again. Smith was diabolical.

I guess Hunt or DCE are next in line.

Shorty

Staff member
JT was the difference last night. Better hope he's there game 3 to lift Cronk again. Smith was diabolical.

I guess Hunt or DCE are next in line.
Not really, Slater, Boyd, Morgan, Chambers all had hands in trys etc.
Obviously the conversions helped but Queensland stuck to their structures and stayed patient in attack.
If anything Slater was the difference.
Cronk and Smith had off games though, Smith changed the direction of attack or took poor kicking options a couple of times.

The language on Thurston's injury is vague, I've heard 'cork' which would be resolved well in time for game 3.
I do have to laugh at the armchair anatomists in Joey and Gus.
Surely they dramatize for the viewers because if there's a part of the body you can hammer like hell and hold together with strapping tape it's the shoulder.

League guru

Juniors
It must be rigged. How can a team of has beens with a broken arsed little Murri at 6 keeping beating a team of 17 future immortals, with any amount of future immortals in reserve. I need clarification from the likes of Joey and Gus. P.S. Can we get Ray Warren to retire, he hasn' t got a clue.

carcharias

Immortal
Not really, Slater, Boyd, Morgan, Chambers all had hands in trys etc.
Obviously the conversions helped but Queensland stuck to their structures and stayed patient in attack.
If anything Slater was the difference.
Cronk and Smith had off games though, Smith changed the direction of attack or took poor kicking options a couple of times.

The language on Thurston's injury is vague, I've heard 'cork' which would be resolved well in time for game 3.
I do have to laugh at the armchair anatomists in Joey and Gus.
Surely they dramatize for the viewers because if there's a part of the body you can hammer like hell and hold together with strapping tape it's the shoulder.

Yeah
Looked like a cork???

Nothing to do with the same jury that had kept him out of club footy and game 1.
Must have been a tape shortage in FNQ.

I'd say the ex players might know an injury when they see one.

Shorty

Staff member
I'd say the ex players might know an injury when they see one.
Based on what, experience alone?
I've heard numbskulls on the commentary team say you can play with a rib cartilage injury and that it's 'easy'.
We'll see, yesterday things weren't too bad and now he's apparently gone, ill wait for official diagnosis.

carcharias

Immortal
Based on what, experience alone?
I've heard numbskulls on the commentary team say you can play with a rib cartilage injury and that it's 'easy'.
We'll see, yesterday things weren't too bad and now he's apparently gone, ill wait for official diagnosis.

It was pretty obvious his shoulder badly injured.
Even for a dumb ex player.
Reports are he's gone for the year.