What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Shorty

Staff member
It was pretty obvious his shoulder badly injured.
Even for a dumb ex player.
Reports are he's gone for the year.
It can be any number of things though and I'd assume 'badly injured' would mean going off or not being able to compose yourself to kick 2 important conversions.
Anyway well done to Joey as it appears he was correct.

slamminsam246

Juniors
If Thurston and Boyd are both out, do we select Corey Norman and Munster?
Oates left wing Holmes moves in to left centre?
As for 5/8, Munster is likely to come into the team (maybe off bench Morgan start?) as he was 18th/19th man for last origin. DCE with a full preparation would be the best option in my eyes (best all round kicking game - great form) but I am bias.

Shorty

Staff member
DCE doesnt fit with the team and hasn't performed at that level.
Morgan to 5/8 and Munster to center.

beave

Coach
just when you think the Couriermail can't get any more ridiculous

CM- 'Hold my beer'......

DE85134E-D5E3-46CE-8303-DED420E2366B_zps5xecd4xl.png

big hit!

Bench
wouldn't be surprised if they went with Munster to be honest. There's the Storm spine right there.

hunt, morgan, dce.....all would be playing out of their normal position as they primarily attack / defend as the right side half and that's where cronk does his shit.

they'll already have Hess and Papallii playing out of position. both play as edge forwards at their clubs and damaging running at little halves, but there's no need to replace Gillett and Cooper over the course of the match so they played in the middle for QLD in game 2. they had no impact at all.

slamminsam246

Juniors
DCE doesnt fit with the team and hasn't performed at that level.
Morgan to 5/8 and Munster to center.

The Qld team is very different to the last one dce played in so how would anyone know if he fits?
Also, he has performed at that level. He had one quiet/average game behind a beaten forward pack (without training/preparation) and thats apparently it for him.
Methinks it's more to do with politics than anything.

I am really concerned for Qld's future. It seems instead of picking the best players, they just pick whoever Thurston, Smith and Cronk want like it's their boys' club. Glasby was a more than questionable selection and was quickly found out, but he'll propably be there for the decider, missing crucial tackles, watching players run passed him etc.
Next year we'll have no Thurston, no Cronk and will be stuck with whatever plodders Smith wants. Then he will retire and Queensland will have Milf, Morgan and Munster as the spine (all fantastic ball runners, not playmakers/kickers) playing behind an average pack. Scary.

Shorty

Staff member
The players aren't fans of DCE, he's supposedly not very popular and it shows in the games he played, virtually no support.
It is what it is.