What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

Scaven

Juniors
Wow they picked Hunt over DCE, yet say there is no issues with the team and DCE, what a load of bullshit. I hope NSW win by 20

Canard

Immortal
Yep, Hunt being picked over DCE has confirmed that the players don't like DCE for mine.

Surely the players have no say. If they did then we would still see Lilyman, Myles etc. there.

I but the blame fairly and squarely on the selectors and the coach.

I believe he has been selected for his kick off return skills....

Shorty

Staff member
Surely the players have no say. If they did then we would still see Lilyman, Myles etc. there.

They don't but are you going to put in a bloke they don't like/trust?
Still, I can't believe they put Hunt in the team, ffs.

SBD82

Coach
Agree with all of you blokes that are saying dce should be ahead of hunt.

Still, Cronk/Morgan/hunt > Pearce/Maloney/bird.

Knightmare

Coach
If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Kev and Locky are trying to prolong Daley and Pearce's Origin careers...

OldPanther

Coach

They do. Kev said before game 2 that he asks Cronk/Smith for opinions.

Canard

Immortal
It's easy enough to mount a argument for DCE not being there based on his past performances at that level. But its not easy to make a case for Hunt.

And If not DCE, surely some other than Hunt would offer more utility value off the bench anyway?

Shorty

Staff member
Hunt is actually quite good off the bench, I'm not hating this selection as much as I thought but the fact remains that he's not great under pressure.
His form has also been terrible.

davi

Juniors
For the record Ben Hunt will be on the bench. Walters has to decide whether Morgan or Munster will be five-eighth. For all those crowing about Munster performance on the weekend Michael Morgan played well on the weekend too and did it without Thurston.

But the selection of Hunt for a bench spot is mysterious. Apart from the halves, where do you play him? Hooker? Cameron Smith is going to likely play a 80 minute game.

My guess Hunt is likely an insurance policy if Walters doesn't like what Morgan or Munster are doing in the halves. Hunt also has had some effective games for the Broncos coming off the bench recently and also earlier in his career.

Canard

Immortal
For the record Ben Hunt will be on the bench. Walters has to decide whether Morgan or Munster will be five-eighth. For all those crowing about Munster performance on the weekend Michael Morgan played well on the weekend too and did it without Thurston.

But the selection of Hunt for a bench spot is mysterious. Apart from the halves, where do you play him? Hooker? Cameron Smith is going to likely play a 80 minute game.

My guess Hunt is likely an insurance policy if Walters doesn't like what Morgan or Munster are doing in the halves. Hunt also has had some effective games for the Broncos coming off the bench recently and also earlier in his career.

Morgan is in great form at 6, but would offer more value then Hunt in the 14 role, as he can play anywhere in the backline and even backrow at a pinch.

It might be possible that Hunt gets switched into the starting lineup on gameday with Morgan coming off the bench.

Im not advocating his selection or this change however.

Shorty

Staff member

Well.
If Hunt has trained with the guys a fair bit he could bring Hunt on toward the end of the half and push Morgan to lock or backrow somewhere?
Maybe try and replicate what Broncs do with Kodi off the bench.