QLD Team 2017

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by MF88, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Shorty

Shorty Moderator Staff Member

I don't think Cronk drinks or parties much really either, sort of a nerd in a footballer body.

2. RecordBreakingMaroons.

RecordBreakingMaroons. Juniors

Your words mark you as a goose.

3. Woosh

Woosh Juniors

Danny over Smith any day off the week.
    Throw in Steve Walters as well.

4. Shorty

Cameron Smith was better than Buderus years ago.

5. RecordBreakingMaroons.

Buderus was sly cheat. He'd strip the ball in a two man tackle. By getting up real close, almost chest to chest so the officials and cameras couldn't catch it, he'd reef the ball out.

It was so satisfying that he was given the taste of defeat in his last Origin game. Dirty cheating ButtEarArse.

Mind you, compared to Gallen the guy was squeaky clean.

6. Canard

Canard Coach

DCE is a must next year. NSW supporters have made it clear.

7. myrrh ken

myrrh ken Bench

Haha fmd raking the ball out? Buderus is mr sheen compared to the grubby antics of smith

OldPanther likes this.
  8. RecordBreakingMaroons.

ButtEarArse got the Origin send-off he deserved.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  9. Bobby DIGital

Bobby DIGital Coach

Munster played well, but I don't necessarily think that automatically means Norman shouldn't have been selected, or that he isn't a better player.

10. OldPanther

OldPanther Juniors

He's been very good this year. Why wouldn't people advocate for his inclusion. I think his ball playing and Munster's running game would be a strong combination.

11. RecordBreakingMaroons.

The difference between DCE and Munster is: One shone on the Origin stage and one flopped. If Mitchell Pearce will leave any legacy behind, it will be that not understanding the difference between those who shine at Origin and those who flop, becomes a very costly misunderstanding.

12. OldPanther

OldPanther Juniors

I understand that and can see them picking someone else if form permits. I was meaning as halves partners not a 1 or the other scenario.

13. RecordBreakingMaroons.

DCE = Mitchell Pearce. Origin flop.

14. lockyno1

lockyno1 Immortal

I'd rather give Ash Taylor, Milford or Morgan a chance thanks. At least they haven't been woeful at Origin level like DCE has.

15. OldPanther

OldPanther Juniors

So would I if it were my team. My point was this is people making a reasonable judgment based on form this year rather than NSW fans just saying nonsense about the QLD team.

16. slamminsam246

slamminsam246 Juniors

BS! He played ONE game as starting halfback (on one leg FFS!!!) and was QUIET behind a beaten pack. This 'flopped' rubbish is sickening. Using that logic, Milford should never play Origin again? Hodges should never had played origin again (his debut was biggest ever origin choke)? Glasby? Rediculous someone can get hung out to dry for 1 game and others get basically ignored. FACT: If DCE was a Bronco/Storm/Cowboy, he wouldn't have missed an origin game since his maroon debut and there definitely wouldnt have been a debate in who shouldve come in for Thurston.
    Ben Hunt?! Wtf!? He got $30000, a weeks worth of training with Cronk (clinic) and an 8min pressure-free confidence-boost basically just because he's a donkey and Kevvies mate (definitely not due to ability/form - has neither - got DROPPED to Qcup FFS!?!?). Corruption!!!

Munster and DCE should be halves next year (Morgs Utility) if Cronk isnt playing. Dce is very similar to Cronk (style, skill, footy intellect, right side etc.) and Qld need AT LEAST 1 kicking option (long and pressure building). The only other qlder half that has an effective and consistent kicking game would be C Norman. Dce, however, has played more games and has had better consistency and more star performances this year. Add that to the fact Cherry has played Origins b4 would have DCE a fair bit ahead you would think.
    But then again, Walters mate Ben will probably get the nod......

Vee, Knightmare and OldPanther like this.
  17. Shorty

Oh please.
    Not with this shite again, Morgan/Munster were already in the camp, they'd been in the camp last year as well.
    As did Ben Hunt, Walters trained Ben Hunt in the halves at the Broncos.
    DCE didn't fit with the systems in place, he hadn't been there in years, Munster was fantastic in game 3 and was clearly the right choice.
    Stop making out like it's some conspiracy because if there was DCE would never have been picked to begin with and he has represented before.

18. Sénior Slippyfist

Sénior Slippyfist Juniors

.....and first is? Genuinely interested.

19. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Bench

Greg Conescu. The Turtle.

20. slamminsam246

slamminsam246 Juniors

Everyone with the slightest bit of intelligence knows DCE is a much much better player than Hunt and should have been selected. Morgan and Munster i can cop cause they were part of the squad the whole series, Hunt was part of the Ipswich Jets squad. Put ya obvious bias bs aside. It was a farce.
    Dce fit into the system just fine and was good off the bench before his ONE quiet game. Dumbarse Qld supporters like yourself just needed a scapegoat for losing the 2014 series and after game 2 the pitchforks come out for DCE. Bout time to move on and let the best players play rep football, not the most liked ones and certainly not Qcup players that are mates with the coach.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    OldPanther likes this.