What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QLD Team 2017

isaiah

Bench
jarrod wallace would be a chance to make the prop rotation on current form. just keep it up for another 4 weeks.
if boyd plays fb for aust and slater continues to improve every week in club footy, does kevvie start with boyd at 1 and slater on a wing or vice versa? you would think that chambers, gagai, holmes, oates, and o'neill are the others in contention for a three quarter spot.
hess still doesnt make my central defender rotation for origin 1. he is primarily on an edge for the cowboys.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'd like to think Luke Bateman would be in the mix. Without Parker and Scott an edge backrower like Ethan Lowe is not much use. Being utility value and covering the centre position is not really necessary. Bateman has shown over the last twelve months that nobody runs over the top of him and he has been more value to his team than a regular first grader like Fensom.

Bateman has been down on form for canberra imo.

RazorRam0n

Juniors
jarrod wallace would be a chance to make the prop rotation on current form. just keep it up for another 4 weeks.
if boyd plays fb for aust and slater continues to improve every week in club footy, does kevvie start with boyd at 1 and slater on a wing or vice versa? you would think that chambers, gagai, holmes, oates, and o'neill are the others in contention for a three quarter spot.
hess still doesnt make my central defender rotation for origin 1. he is primarily on an edge for the cowboys.

wallace is an absolute must for them imo, especially for the size.

he has been solid week in week out, hasn't had a bad game against quality opposition and light on support.

if they're serious about maguire at lock, they'd have to go myles and wallace up front with someone like thaiday off the bench allowing hess more minutes in the backrow with papa relieving some forward minutes also

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Glasby, Napa, what about felise kaufusi?

kaufusi has played 80 minutes edge all season. for prop you might mean patrick kaufusi but he is a lightweight.

toads have sufficient backrow depth without needing to blood felise just yet

isaiah

Bench
kaufusi has played 80 minutes edge all season. for prop you might mean patrick kaufusi but he is a lightweight.

toads have sufficient backrow depth without needing to blood felise just yet
Did felise Play in the middle when he was a bench player last year? I think Gillett and Hess will be our edge forwards after this year and when Gillett retires su'a could be ready to take over

RazorRam0n

Juniors
Did felise Play in the middle when he was a bench player last year? I think Gillett and Hess will be our edge forwards after this year and when Gillett retires su'a could be ready to take over

most likely bench minutes are usually to relieve middle forwards, and tohu harris and proctor didn't really need spells on the edges.

but pillow minutes off the bench is nothing like starting and getting 45-50 minutes.

su'a? lol he can't even get a start at reggies let alone 1st grade atm.

backrow will be gillette papa and maguire with hess off the bench i reckon.

isaiah

Bench
most likely bench minutes are usually to relieve middle forwards, and tohu harris and proctor didn't really need spells on the edges.

but pillow minutes off the bench is nothing like starting and getting 45-50 minutes.

su'a? lol he can't even get a start at reggies let alone 1st grade atm.

backrow will be gillette papa and maguire with hess off the bench i reckon.
I did say "after this year"

isaiah

Bench
slater as fb, chambers and o'neill in the centres, boyd and gagai on the wings? no oates or val holmes?

isaiah

Bench
gillett, smith, cronk, thurston, thaiday, holmes, and chambers were awesome tonight. augurs well. add in napa, gagai, slater, maguire, papalii, and maybe hess = nsw have no chance because we have 2 home games even without matt scott and inglis

Clifferd

Coach
gillett, smith, cronk, thurston, thaiday, holmes, and chambers were awesome tonight. augurs well. add in napa, gagai, slater, maguire, papalii, and maybe hess = nsw have no chance because we have 2 home games even without matt scott and inglis

Yet 4/5 tries scored were by new south Welshmen

Norman's gotta replace Thurston

morgan is sh!t l'd have DCE in #14
Morgan is out of form ATM
But DCE just doesn't seem to gel with the QLD team .
IMorgans utility value will keep him as a bench player

I think they'll go with Corey Norman if Jt is gone

davi

Juniors
Queensland plays strong on loyalty and pecking orders. I'll think they will go with Michael Morgan. However despite Morgan form being down I think he could benefit having a half like Cooper Cronk running the show while Morgan can concentrate on his usual slashing/running five-eight role he excels at club level with Thurston.

Kevin Walters could possibly decide though that Morgan is more handy as a utility on the bench and move Cherry-Evans and Anthony Milford as a starting half. For some reason I tend to view Corey Norman as more an outsider and a long shot of being selected despite his ability.

I agree though Cronk and Cherry-Evans are both kind of similar players. I just don't see that combination working well.

isaiah

Bench
wallace is an absolute must for them imo, especially for the size.

he has been solid week in week out, hasn't had a bad game against quality opposition and light on support.

if they're serious about maguire at lock, they'd have to go myles and wallace up front with someone like thaiday off the bench allowing hess more minutes in the backrow with papa relieving some forward minutes also
pacific tests showed some contenders and pretenders for qld bench spots.
korbin was ordinary but felise was good. if kikau started with the cowboys 20's would he be eligible?

slamminsam246

Juniors
  1. Billy Slater
  2. Valentine Holmes
  3. Will Chambers
  4. Dane Gagai
  5. Darius Boyd
  6. Thurston / DCE
  7. Cooper Cronk
  8. Dylan Napa
  9. Cameron Smith (c)
  10. Jarrod Wallace