What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland team?

lafai

Bench
imo
Slater
Gagai
Inglis
Hodges
Chambers
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Myles
Guerra
McQueen
Parker
DCE
McGuire
Gillett
Napa

Last edited:

Jimmy-o

Juniors
That team looks pretty spot on, but I think Mal will stick with Slater at FB this year and Thaiday will be in the 17 somewhere (maybe for McQueen?). I hope McGuire and Napa get a run off the bench. Both are made for Origin.

Noname36

First Grade
They'll still go Slater at FB I think.

I think Korbin Sims might get a run at some stage this year (probably not game 1 though). I may be biased but I think he's better than Napa.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
Why ludicris? If 2 brothers choose to go state hopping with theie football, why can they not have differing places of origin. You have to choose an age to set the rule at.imo, there have been no dodgy calls, including inglis.

Dazzat

First Grade
Myles has been Queensland's best forward in the last two years.

Papali will need to show some form.

Slater will not be playing on the wing.

McGuire will definitely be in the mix this year.

Thaiday will have to lift or be left out - which he is capable of doing.

Dazzat

First Grade
Because Slater is still a great fullback and we don't have a quality centre to replace Inglis in that position.

Slater is not a winger.

So by gaining marginally at fullback (buy putting Inglis there) we significantly weaken the 3/4 line-ups.

lafai

Bench
Guess you don't rate Gagai aha. Yes Slater is great but Inglis is so restricted at centre in my opinion.

Dazzat

First Grade
Slater/Inglis > Inglis/Gagai every day of the week.

Inglis "restricted" at centre? Haven't been watching SOO then?

Who has scored most tries for Queensland? Inglis with 15 - most playing at wing or centre. Try again.

lafai

Bench
I'm thinking more of the future with choosing Gagai in the centres. Slater's getting older. Restricted isn't the right word but more in the way. And yes Slaters great but will he be the fullback until he retires? Inglis is the best fullback in the NRL.

Dazzat

First Grade
I'd imagine this will be Slater's last year as Queensland fullback. Inglis, of course will take over and Gagai would be first in line for the centre position.

Apart from the possible exception of Dale Copley, there aren't too many other centres up to State of Origin quality for Queensland.

lafai

Bench
Also you can choose Chambers in the centres and the young guys like Copley or Gagai on the wing.