Queenslanders never forgot NSW arrogance

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by Legends of Sport, May 29, 2017.

1. billygilmore

billygilmore Juniors

realistically the only team that's going to fluke a win this series is QLD, with the age of the current blues team I can see a few years of blues dominance.

2. Pedge1971

Pedge1971 Juniors

Any dad would know the first time his son stops shitting the bed is reason to celebrate. He still pisses himself at times but baby steps everyone it was only his 16th try.....

SBD82 likes this.
  3. isaiah

isaiah Bench

I saw lots of comments like this after your last series win. You could also see it from the nsw players. That expectation. You have won nothing yet. Even with a win in games 2 or 3 it's back to one in a row. Your best result in more than a decade. Give this champion team all the accolades, the run may not yet be over.

4. isaiah

isaiah Bench

Correct you there. One in a row would only be the current standing, you are 50/50 to make it 2 next year but don't get ahead of yourself. Only one team can talk about a run of series in the last decade

5. King hit

King hit Juniors

Love how quiet the arrogant Queenslanders are at the moment

6. Travitoh

Travitoh Juniors

Queensland are currently on a 2 game losing streak and i can't see it ending in game 2. The best they can hope for by the end of this series is 1 win from their last 4 starts.
    To loosely quote John Cena - Your time is up, our time is now!

7. RazorRam0n

RazorRam0n Juniors

speaking of a run of series, blues u20s 6 on the trot, and the captain 6 years ago was boyd cordner.

ominous signs

8. King hit

King hit Juniors

I'm still very nervous about Game 2 regardless

9. Hutty1986

Hutty1986 Referee

Me too. Playing in Sydney will hold no fears for this qld side.

10. isaiah

isaiah Bench

but the bookies dont reflect that. 70% of the money is on nsw and lots of it is coming from qld, supposedly

11. DOGS AND EELS!!!

DOGS AND EELS!!! Bench

Haha

12. 9701

9701 First Grade

He played for my old High school (Gateshead high now called Hunter sports high) in the arrive alive cup. That was his first senior game and made him eligible for NSW, he then moved to qld but was already only eligible for nsw.

13. 9701

9701 First Grade

Inglis's bewildering allegiance switch was the result of cunning from QRL officials, who immediately claimed the then 16-year-old after he played an Arrive Alive Cup game for Wavell State High in 2003.

But it later emerged Inglis appeared for Newcastle-based Hunter Sports High in the same schoolboys competition earlier that season, which should have confirmed his status as a Blues representative because he played his first football as a 16-year-old in NSW.

When the real story emerged, ARL boss Geoff Carr said there was no provision in the eligibility rules for Inglis to switch back to his state of birth.

14. isaiah

isaiah Bench

Our officials outsmarted your officials then our players outplayed yours for a great decade. The bit I like the best is that before the dynasty you had evened up the overall count for the first time. That won't happen again for at least 25 years.

15. Knightmare

Knightmare Coach

Have Qld even won 25 Origins?

If you'd told Parramatta fans in 1987 that they'd have no additional Premiership trophies in their cabinet 30 years later they'd laugh at you...

16. SBD82

SBD82 Juniors

Is "outsmarted" the way you spell "cheated" in qld?

17. simmo05

simmo05 Juniors

I was talking to a bloke who had a bit to do with nsw origin, he said it was all to do with the perceived racism from blues selectors, not picking the likes of mundine and blacklock, certain people getting in their ear telling them they will not be picked, that led them to play for qld

18. King hit

King hit Juniors

That NSW racism is f**king bullshit anyone who thinks it is a retard

Life's Good, beave and Knightmare like this.
  19. Knightmare

Knightmare Coach

Ahh yes, the good old NSW racism myth that led to Anthony Mundine being snubbed for half-Aboriginal Laurie Daley...absolutely nothing to do with Loz being arguably the best 5/8th seen in sky blue...

beave likes this.
  20. King hit

King hit Juniors

Did anyone ever bring that up to Mundine at the time? If so what did he respond with.