What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about the app and live streaming

___

Juniors
Watching live streaming on the app, I notice they have the advertising down the bottom when watching it in full-screen mode. This is meant to be direct streaming through fox sports, and I'm sure fox sports doesn't advertise KFC or McDonalds during their live "no ads" broadcasting.

Is there anyway to remove the ad hence slightly enlarging the broadcast of the live NRL games?

Apologies if this question regarding the NRL app isn't aloud here, it's just that this is the "Ask us anything" forum.

Thanks

Paullyboy

Coach
It's a bit hit and miss, I've found the best solution is to switch between portrait mode and landscape mode (i.e. rotate the phone/tablet in your hand). Sometimes the ad is there, other times it isn't, just keep rotating it until it doesn't pop up anymore.

___

Juniors
It's a bit hit and miss, I've found the best solution is to switch between portrait mode and landscape mode (i.e. rotate the phone/tablet in your hand). Sometimes the ad is there, other times it isn't, just keep rotating it until it doesn't pop up anymore.
No problem, I'll give it a go. Thanks :)

___

Juniors
Awesome. Can't wait to try it out. Not so much the smaller screen space, just that it's annoying lol.

Life's Good

Coach
Off to the USA in a couple of weeks for a 3 week holiday.
I have the NRL live pass and watch games on my phone data free(I am a Telstra subscriber). Does the pass work in the USA?? What happens with data usage?? Help is much appreciated.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Check you roaming info on your contract. International roaming is probably an additional cost, and data can get pricey fast.
Try to use WiFi instead

Life's Good

Coach
Check you roaming info on your contract. International roaming is probably an additional cost, and data can get pricey fast.
Try to use WiFi instead
I agree with senses. Data is a killer os. Wifi or be prepared to be bankrupt
Thanks or that guys. Good to know it works. I will just keep the wifi in mind.
Now if you can get QANTAS to stream the 2nd SOO on the plane that would be great. Poor planning means I am on the plane at the time!!

Incorrect

Coach
Thanks or that guys. Good to know it works. I will just keep the wifi in mind.
Now if you can get QANTAS to stream the 2nd SOO on the plane that would be great. Poor planning means I am on the plane at the time!!
I was on an Emirates flight from Sydney to Dubai last year and was able to watch a live stream of the Round 26 Friday night game between Souths and Bulldogs on their in flight entertainment. Pretty sure the year before I was able to watch the Roosters V Dogs semi in week 2 of the Finals on an Etihad flight... Depends what aircraft you're flying and what in flight entertainment system it has - I flew back from Honolulu to Sydney at the tail end of last years trip and it was one of QANTAS's older planes - the in flight entertainment was shithouse. If you're flying direct to the West Coast (not Hawaii) you'll be on an A380 yeah? If so, the in flight entertainment on those birds is pretty good and you might be a chance of getting to see Origin II

Life's Good

Coach
I was on an Emirates flight from Sydney to Dubai last year and was able to watch a live stream of the Round 26 Friday night game between Souths and Bulldogs on their in flight entertainment. Pretty sure the year before I was able to watch the Roosters V Dogs semi in week 2 of the Finals on an Etihad flight... Depends what aircraft you're flying and what in flight entertainment system it has - I flew back from Honolulu to Sydney at the tail end of last years trip and it was one of QANTAS's older planes - the in flight entertainment was shithouse. If you're flying direct to the West Coast (not Hawaii) you'll be on an A380 yeah? If so, the in flight entertainment on those birds is pretty good and you might be a chance of getting to see Origin II
Thanks.
Flying to LA so it is an A380. I wish it was Emirates as they have much better inflight entertainment streaming. I am going to contact QANTAS & see if it's planned.