What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 V Newcastle Knights

Tiger05

First Grade
Downside about the win is that it saves Taylor's job for another few weeks...

I'm happy to get the win and give the muppet some breathing space but FFS he is a moron isn't he. If anything that game showed how stupid he has been so far.

Tiger05

First Grade
This 100%. MCK also deserves to run around again, did his job defensively

I thought MCK looked ordinary. Naiqama is a much better centre and I'm not sure if MCK is good enough to play backrow.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
I thought MCK looked ordinary. Naiqama is a much better winger and I'm not sure if MCK is good enough to play backrow.

Attack he isn't as flashy as Naiqama but still has a safe set of hands and defensively is 1000x better.

I'd take that any day

T.T

Juniors
3. ET
2. Woods
1. JAC

I thought MCK did a good job at centre. made solid 10m every run and had no problems in defence.
Moses was ok. Poor defensively though and gave away several penalties.
Brooks did nothing apart from the 1 time he decided to take the line on and got rewarded
Next game I would drop halatau too for cherrington. dummy half service was slow 2nd half

Tiger05

First Grade
Attack he isn't as flashy as Naiqama but still has a safe set of hands and defensively is 1000x better.

I'd take that any day

I disagree. Naiqama is fine. MCK isn't a centre and I now think he isn't really a first grader. Lovett though is a first grader and it's taken a while for that to be obvious to me.

Tiger05

First Grade
Good, well hopefully some some sense will prevail and we keep him. But this is not a strong WT's trait is it:(

I reckon he is gone and off goes another player who can win us games. I want to be wrong though.

Tigerted

Juniors
JAC has to much speed to be retained by this dysfunctional club.

Have we not broken the record re the no. of players who bundy of early in a game due to the concussion bin !

When the f**k r we ever going to finish a match with 17 fit players !

I'd nearly go as far as say JAC is the best winger in the club,should be first winger picked.
Defence was certainly better out wide on our right hand side although 2 tries were conceded via poor reads in defence infield by the #6.
ET adds a new dimension to the team in both attack and defence,hard to believe he couldn't make fg at the riff.
Brooks needs to keep involved,seems to always go missing for long periods.
Woods played well and looks ready for soo.

Tiger05

First Grade
I'd nearly go as far as say JAC is the best winger in the club,should be first winger picked.
Defence was certainly better out wide on our right hand side although 2 tries were conceded via poor reads in defence infield by the #6.
ET adds a new dimension to the team in both attack and defence,hard to believe he couldn't make fg at the riff.
Brooks needs to keep involved,seems to always go missing for long periods.
Woods played well and looks ready for soo.

I think JAC is our best winger. Nofo struggles under the high ball and defensively hasn't been great. He isn't as quick as JAC as well. ET is great.

I'm not sure that Brooks will ever be a great player now. He has all the skills and I think his defence will improve and not be a problem but great players and even good halfbacks organise the team and Brooks doesn't appear to have that in him at this point. Moses is similar but I think he is a little better than Brooks. Both our halves may come good but they both may also be average NRL halves.

Clifferd

Coach
Brock Lamb for the Knights has only played a few games in NRL but his kicking game was way better than our halves. Every kick he put in was a contest, as opposed to mindless bombs or Brooks' love affair with kicking into legs. While the players were warming up,one of the trainers was putting up these massive spiral bombs to Rankin,20m away Brooks was practicing his usual bombs,why can the trainer do it, but not the "gun"'player?

magpie guy

Juniors
JAC showed enough that he has to be retained. MCK did nothing wrong but we didn't see much of him in attack. Certainly much, much better than Malone. ET looking solid in the middle, I would keep him there when Sue returns and keep Sue as a prop off the bench for impact.

Brooks and Moses continue to not show much, kicking game was poor. Rankin showed that he has a good passing game but is certainly no replacement for Teddy. With the was JAC played I would be leaning towards dropping either Moses or Brooks when Teddy comes back, put Rankin in the halves and keep JAc on the wing.

Nofo seems to be down on form lately. Still a solid winger but not as explosive as we expect.

I missed it so does anyone know?

Was happy that Siro was not picked this weekend (and last except for the last minute inclusion) so I assumed that he was dropped and would have been playing reserves, he didn't so was he ruled out injured?

JAC showed enough that he has to be retained. MCK did nothing wrong but we didn't see much of him in attack. Certainly much, much better than Malone. ET looking solid in the middle, I would keep him there when Sue returns and keep Sue as a prop off the bench for impact.

Brooks and Moses continue to not show much, kicking game was poor. Rankin showed that he has a good passing game but is certainly no replacement for Teddy. With the was JAC played I would be leaning towards dropping either Moses or Brooks when Teddy comes back, put Rankin in the halves and keep JAc on the wing.
magpie guy, looking forward to next Friday night I certainly hope that JAC is retained as his speed is going to be needed chasing the likes of Milford and Roberts.

MCK whilst he might not have the pace of Naiqama, I think his defense in the centres will be needed next week.

Sue is hopefully back as he will be needed in the front row rotation as they will lose Woods.

Hopefully Teddy is back and perhaps it would be worthwhile giving Rankin a run at 5/8 outside Brooks, he might be the 'old head' even though he isn't, that Brooks need.

Latest posts