What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R11 V Newcastle Knights

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
MCK was good. We need to stop leaking points before we can think about scoring. MCK held his place in the line which meant no easy tries.

And as I said all along, he isn't a centre, he's a back rower in the mould of a young Bronson Harrison.

Brooks went pretty well given he had to organise every player, not just the backs, given Ballin was out for near all game and Halatau couldn't organise a picture out of a dot to dot book.

Moses I'm now convinced, is a softcock scared of being tackled.

Rankin was average at fullback. No way he has a place in our strongest side.

Taylor, Lawrence, Woods, Ava, JAC all played good games

Tiger05

First Grade
Lawrence was pretty bad. His defence was laughable. It's only one game so let it go but it wasn't acceptable. MCK isn't a centre and I wouldn't play him there unless Naiqama is injured.

Brooks and Moses are the same. They couldn't organise a root in a whorehouse. They can run it, they can kick the ball and they can even make a decent pass but they struggle taking the right option.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah Lawrence was diabolical last night, not worth praising at all - missed around 7 tackles aswell from what i read on stats, definitely an off game for him

on the goal kicking front Moses was no worse than what Rankin is now, no idea why he was dropped in the first place

BuffaloRules

Coach
How many times this season has Brooks thrown the flat pass for Lawrence to get creamed?

Even Stevie Wonder can see that coming by now...

Yeah Lawrence was diabolical last night, not worth praising at all - missed around 7 tackles aswell from what i read on stats, definitely an off game for him

on the goal kicking front Moses was no worse than what Rankin is now, no idea why he was dropped in the first place

Groin niggle I think.

Give Rankin a go in the #6.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
MCK was good. We need to stop leaking points before we can think about scoring. MCK held his place in the line which meant no easy tries.

And as I said all along, he isn't a centre, he's a back rower in the mould of a young Bronson Harrison.

I saw a lot of MCK at the Raiders when he was younger and I thought he showed plenty of potential, I didn't see so much of him at Manly.

I actually liken him to Mitch Aubusson (well better actually). He is the type who can capably play both centre or second row and not let you down in either position. His defence, whether it is in the back row or centre will be sound and he has enough skill and speed in attack to fill in at centre. Given time he will be a better than average NRL player IMO.

Sure, he will probably never achieve more than NRL level but at the moment I am more than happy to have him in the top side....so too JAC, he could be anything!!!!

Use them or lose them as the saying goes.

Fordy20

Juniors
Would love to see both MCK and JAC in the side for the rest of the season, but I reckon both will be punted when Tedesco and Naiqama return from injury.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lawrence may have missed a few tackles more than usual, but he made over 100 metres and he never shied away from taking hospital passes at pace, while sticking to great lines when running onto the ball. He has kicked on massively since moving to the back row, it saddens/angers me that the move came two years too late. Just imagine what he'd be like now...

MCK also made over 100 metres and kept the edge defence intact. What mroe do you want from a centre really?

Rankin isn't powerful enough a runner to be a fullback, he gets monstered by the defence everytime.

Until Tedesco comes back, I'd prefer Simona at Fullback. He has a natural strong running game, has good hands and is a good defender. Having him sniffing around for second phase play would be pretty damn good too.

I've lost interest in Rankin. He's not a winger, he's too soft for Fullback and I'm not convinced he has any future in the halves for us. Just another signing we didn't need, but was made purely because he was available.

Clifferd

Coach
Also was it just me or did it look like Lovett actually wanted to punch a Newcastle players lights out? He sort of hesitated to get back into the defensive line and stayed back a bit mouthing off

Never seen that before from him

Clifferd

Coach
Bit of a selection headache this week imo with a few players that are normally in the starting side

Naquama, Sue and Hunt will probably be available. I don't think Taylor will bring back in Hunt, so JAC has to stay (not like his form warrants getting dropped anyway) Sue will obviously slot straight back in but hopefully for Lovett or Halatau

I think the unlucky one will be MCK out of all this and we will be back to our rushing up defense which is quite the opposite of what we need against Brisbane..