What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 MNF - BRONCOS v EELS *Match Thread*

JW

Coach
Bazal said:
I wouldn't say we look shot...but the lack of performance in second halves of late is worrisome. We obviously have the ability to put on points, we just seem to go to the sheds in front and assume the game is won. It's not a good attitude, Souths and now Brisbane have nearly done us after 14 point halftime leads....Melbourne or Manly would annihilate us at the moment, we need to fix our attitude

Next week will certainly reveal plenty. And you're right, it is attitude. Parra have the side, but as i said inconsistent in many areas as shown in tonight's display. A top 80 mins next week with a win could do wonders though, especially in Manly are right on their game aswell.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well the result is disappointing but I can't fault the effort. That said we need ONE of Perry/Moon in the halves next week at the least. There is just not enought options. As it is we can't rely on Berrigan scoring tries left, right, and centre all the time!

Bazal

Post Whore
JW said:
Next week will certainly reveal plenty. And you're right, it is attitude. Parra have the side, but as i said inconsistent in many areas as shown in tonight's display. A top 80 mins next week with a win could do wonders though, especially in Manly are right on their game aswell.

I really do think next week will define our season, in a way. Manly aren't travelling brilliantly, and we aren't doing too much better...they have a few guys out, and with the bad blood between the sides if we can't get up and be competetive then we won't be good enough for the title IMO.

Ghoulies

Bench
Bazal said:
I'll repeat it just for you, given you seem to be fairly slow.
lol! Aren't you a sharp one? This is a forum, Einstein, nothing is stopping anyone here from simply looking back over your posts to see that you're a twit. You needn't repeat anything.

I have criticised his decisions both ways, ultimately of course the decisions against the Eels raised my ire more...
Now would be a good time for you to look back at my post. I didn't deny that you made a token criticism of Cummins on behalf of the Broncos, I just agreed with salivor that you were completely off base with the majority of your whinging and that you'd made a fool of yourself (and you've stayed true to form in this post too).

Mr Saab

Referee
Bennett said that Hayne lied down. This will be a nice backpage story.
Either that or SBW and his cameraman exploits

Bazal

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:
What..they are 2nd you know..I know Mlbourne are way ahead but jeez they aint doing that bad!:lol:

They're struggling to wins in much the same fashion we have been over the last few weeks...we are third but I don't see anyone lauding our form, and rightly so.

Bazal

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Bennett said that Hayne lied down. This will be a nice backpage story.
Either that or SBW and his cameraman exploits

I thought Bennett was way out of line with that to be honest...Hayne certainly got his head in a nasty position, and certainly didn't play anywhere near as well as he had before the knock. In fact he was moved to the wing because he was struggling...

Mr Saab

Referee
I dont think he was out of line.
He milked it. Brisbane were on the attack and he stayed down. If thats how he wants to play then good luck to him. At least he is not biting girls anymore.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ghoulies said:
lol! Aren't you a sharp one? This is a forum, Einstein, nothing is stopping anyone here from simply looking back over your posts to see that you're a twit. You needn't repeat anything.

Now would be a good time for you to look back at my post. I didn't deny that you made a token criticism of Cummins on behalf of the Broncos, I just agreed with salivor that you were completely off base with the majority of your whinging and that you'd made a fool of yourself (and you've stayed true to form in this post too).

Haha! You can call it tokenism if you want, I;d expect nothing less through the maroon and gold glasses, the acknowledgement is enough to validate my point. As for being completely off base....prove it...I am of the opinion that Berrigans foot touched the line, I'll happily retract that if you can conclusively prove it did not. I am also of the opinion that Inu had the ball kicked into him when you were awarded a repeat set, and the Carroll knocked on. Again, prove me wrong and I will happily and humbly retract those statements. The fact is, Hayne was denied a try last week when Grothe knocked the ball forward then back, and I fail to see the difference with Carroll knocking it forward and then back. All I want is consistency, is that such a big f**king issue?

Y2Eel

First Grade
JW said:
Doesn't matter who it comes from, the Parra boys did "suck". They were put under the pump to perform against a weakened and incredibly unbalanced side and they dropped their bundle like clockwork. For a team with premiership aspirations it's not a good sign. Sure they won, and good on them. But the true contenders for the title would've played Brisbane out of the game before they had a chance to make that late charge.

On paper Parra have the individuals to challenge for the comp. But as a team they are too inconsistent in many areas.

Best of luck, but at this stage they look shot.

That was probably the best that brisbane team could have played...

You have followed brisbane for i while i guess you think that thier game tonight was to dominate the forwards and tire our team out tackling your big men?

Iam quite happy with our game especially the second half with your big guns running at our backs all second half and them holding them off..

Bazal

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
I dont think he was out of line.
He milked it. Brisbane were on the attack and he stayed down. If thats how he wants to play then good luck to him. At least he is not biting girls anymore.

I don't reckon he milked it, hell if anything it helped Brisbane given Thaiday spilt it. I thought he certainly performed a lot worse after the knock. His kick returns were soft as and his positioning was off, to the point they eventually had to move him. He was pretty white in the face too, a fair sign a guy has sustained a decent knock. I doubt we'll ever know for sure either way, but Bennett went too far IMO. I;d have had no issue with him simply saying he felt it was a dive, but he practically called Hayne a cheat...

Mr Saab

Referee
Ennis' kicking game was as effective as a Darius Boyd charge in the middle 1/3 of the field.
Brisbane had zero flow in the first half...they were as pedestrian as i have ever seen a football team.
Dont talk up the Broncos as they were poor...but that has to be expected for their first game together.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Bazal said:
I wouldn't say we look shot...but the lack of performance in second halves of late is worrisome. We obviously have the ability to put on points, we just seem to go to the sheds in front and assume the game is won. It's not a good attitude, Souths and now Brisbane have nearly done us after 14 point halftime leads....Melbourne or Manly would annihilate us at the moment, we need to fix our attitude

The tries that the Eels scored in the first half where nothing short of sensational. I think that just like last week, they where easily in control and simply switched off. They need a big kick up the backside at halftime the next time it happens. I don't know what you are worried about.

Mr Saab

Referee
Bazal said:
Bennett went too far IMO. I;d have had no issue with him simply saying he felt it was a dive, but he practically called Hayne a cheat...

WTF? That is the same thing. :crazy:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Ennis' kicking game was as effective as a Darius Boyd charge in the middle 1/3 of the field.
Brisbane had zero flow in the first half...they were as pedestrian as i have ever seen a football team.
Dont talk up the Broncos as they were poor...but that has to be expected for their first game together.
Ennis has played half for a handfull of games now he's the best you have got if not for your forwards it would have been a great deal different...

Seeing as though youve lost Berrigan next season i hope the Broncs dont lost Hunt Lockyer wallace all at once next year :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Ziggy the God said:
The tries that the Eels scored in the first half where nothing short of sensational. I think that just like last week, they where easily in control and simply switched off. They need a big kick up the backside at halftime the next time it happens. I don't know what you are worried about.

I tend to agree with you.. (But play the same team you did this week, against us and damn you'd probably win)

Bazal

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
WTF? That is the same thing. :crazy:

Maybe I should have phrased it better...

I would have no issues if Bennett had said, say; "I felt Hayne stayed down". Instead what he did was blast the kid, with no medical basis, calling for him to be cited for bringing the game into disrepute and saying he had no respect for him. He was overly harsh IMO

Mr Saab

Referee
Y2Eel said:
Ennis has played half for a handfull of games now he's the best you have got if not for your forwards it would have been a great deal different...

Seeing as though youve lost Berrigan next season i hope the Broncs dont lost Hunt Lockyer wallace all at once next year :lol:

If they do then tough luck. Thats sport. Thats league.
What would the eels do if they lost Smith and Finch...hmmmm i know i know...half the eels fans would have a street parade!!!!!

Mr Saab

Referee
Bazal said:
Maybe I should have phrased it better...

I would have no issues if Bennett had said, say; "I felt Hayne stayed down". Instead what he did was blast the kid, with no medical basis, calling for him to be cited for bringing the game into disrepute and saying he had no respect for him. He was overly harsh IMO

Yesssssss perhaps you should have.
He didnt call Hayne to be cited per se...he said if players were found to be "milking" they should be penalised. It might stop some of the BS soccer antics in this game.

I am happy Bennett spoke his mind. Need more heated rivalries and it will just make the last round that more interesting wont it?

Latest posts