What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 MNF - BRONCOS v EELS *Match Thread*

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
If they do then tough luck. Thats sport. Thats league.
What would the eels do if they lost Smith and Finch...hmmmm i know i know...half the eels fans would have a street parade!!!!!
We'd probably still win.. what happened tonight when you lost your only halves? (Joey-Newcastle anyone?)

Bazal

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Yesssssss perhaps you should have.
He didnt call Hayne to be cited per se...he said if players were found to be "milking" they should be penalised. It might stop some of the BS soccer antics in this game.

I am happy Bennett spoke his mind. Need more heated rivalries and it will just make the last round that more interesting wont it?

That it will...I just don't see the point in ripping into a young kid with no medical basis, just to make a point that could be made more eloquently and with less venom and spite. That does no good in my opinion. Oh well, bring on Round 25...you lot always seem to do us at home :(

Mr Saab

Referee
Perhaps Wayne has a good memory. Origin 2007 ring any bells? Milked that one nice and proper.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Perhaps Wayne has a good memory. Origin 2007 ring any bells? Milked that one nice and proper.
I though when he got smashed by Thiaday he had dived what a wanker :roll: and imagine staying down hey i bet he didnt even have a sore neck from when he had it in the worng position to attamp that tackle...
No but your right he milked it just enough to let the ref call time just after Thiaday played the ball forward into finch:lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
I wish there was a rule that if you are "knocked" out like that then you have to go off for 10 minutes.
That would make players think twice.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
I wish there was a rule that if you are "knocked" out like that then you have to go off for 10 minutes.
That would make players think twice.

Was he knocked out? or just lying there worried about his kneck and any possible injuries he may have caused?

We'll never know and niether will you so go on with your rambles its fun to read...

badav

Bench
I think Haynes effort was ordinary. Sure he put his body on the line against sam thaiday and pretty much stopped him for that he should be commended. but he was layed out and like Wayne Pearce said had his eyes shut for a short period of time. Then he was up without the shakes a minute later. I would be dissapointed if someone from Brisbane did that.

Can anyone up the footage of the press conference. I missed it.

Y2Eel

First Grade
badav said:
I think Haynes effort was ordinary. Sure he put his body on the line against sam thaiday and pretty much stopped him for that he should be commended. but he was layed out and like Wayne Pearce said had his eyes shut for a short period of time. Then he was up without the shakes a minute later. I would be dissapointed if someone from Brisbane did that.

So your Dissapointed in Ennis then :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Ennis was not prone on his back with a priest over the top of him in prayer/

Maybe thats what they need the big guns to come out (Priest) and give them the last rights if they want to lay down... :lol:

badav

Bench
Y2Eel said:
So your Dissapointed in Ennis then :lol:

I think you'll find that when hit late by a prop every halfback in the game would go down. Ennis atleast made an attempt to get up.

Correct me if im wrong here but i didnt see him on the ground layed out with his eyes shut.

Noa

First Grade
On that performance Parra are no chance to win the comp, there halves are thier weak link when the pressure comes.

On Dave Taylor, with thanks to Scott Van Pelt, if you didnt know before, now you know.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
On that performance Parra are no chance to win the comp, there halves are thier weak link when the pressure comes.

On Dave Taylor, with thanks to Scott Van Pelt, if you didnt know before, now you know.

The eels forwards stood up to one of the better forward packs last night.. take alot outta that dunno what the broncs can take outta that game...

Noa

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
The eels forwards stood up to one of the better forward packs last night.. take alot outta that dunno what the broncs can take outta that game...
]

I guess thats what I was getting at, your forwards are good, your backline is class but your halves are your weak-link.

If I was a Parra fan Id be happy to have either Smith or Finch in the team but not both at the same time. If Hagan could find a 5/8 from your much hyped juniors I'd give Smith the boot.

Hell Id be tempted to give Mateo or Inu (providing he's playing) a try there next year. For the Storm Inglis is really starting find HIS game now at 5/8 and I think Inu in particular has many similar traits to Greg.

badav

Bench
Y2Eel said:

Either way you look at it, both sides are no chance at winning the premiership. Based on last nights game.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Noa Nandruku said:
]

I guess thats what I was getting at, your forwards are good, your backline is class but your halves are your weak-link.

If I was a Parra fan Id be happy to have either Smith or Finch in the team but not both at the same time. If Hagan could find a 5/8 from your much hyped juniors I'd give Smith the boot.

Hell Id be tempted to give Mateo or Inu (providing he's playing) a try there next year. For the Storm Inglis is really starting find HIS game now at 5/8 and I think Inu in particular has many similar traits to Greg.

INU has a good brain on his shoulders i'd like to see him play a bit more at 5/8 in the pre season maybe...

Finch has been great in defending on the line.. Smith has sparks of brilliance but not enough ATM

Y2Eel

First Grade
badav said:
Alot more than Parramatta of that there can be no doubt.

The fact that they almost knocked off the 3rd place team with a half strength side is encouraging.

Either way you look at it, both sides are no chance at winning the premiership. Based on last nights game.

Based on last night if brisbane had some decent backs and play makers they would win the comp...

Noa

First Grade
Y2Eel said:
INU has a good brain on his shoulders i'd like to see him play a bit more at 5/8 in the pre season maybe...

Finch has been great in defending on the line.. Smith has sparks of brilliance but not enough ATM

Finch and Inu would be a perfect combination. Finch, being the much more reliable and resiliant player then Smith would make him a much better parnter in the halves