What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 vs Broncos

mxlegend99

Referee
Ok so what would everyones teams be? Mansour is back from injury. Origin guys back.

Mine would be:

1. Jarome Luai
2. Caleb Aekins
3. Waqa Blake
4. Dean Whare
5. Josh Mansour
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. James Fisher-Harris
9. Sione Katoa
10. James Tamou
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Isaah Yeo (c)
13. Tyrone May

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Corey Harawira-Naera
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Trent Merrin

I picked my team around replacing both wingers and Moses Leota. Hard to replace a fit prop with 3 on the sidelines though.

So JFH to prop until RCG returns and we get to see what May has to offer at lock. I would still push JFH to lock when Mez comes on to get more minutes from him.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Ok so shat would everyones teams be? Mansour is back from injury. Origin guys back.

Mine would be:

1. Jarome Luai
2. Caleb Aekins
3. Waqa Blake
4. Dean Whare
5. Josh Mansour
6. James Maloney
7. Nathan Cleary
8. James Fisher-Harris
9. Sione Katoa
10. James Tamou
11. Villiame Kikau
12. Isaah Yeo (c)
13. Tyrone May

14. Tyrone Peachey
15. Corey Harawira-Naera
16. Jack Hetherington
17. Trent Merrin

I picked my team around replacing both wingers and Moses Leota. Hard to rrplace s fit prop with 3 on the didrlines though.

So JFH to prop until RCG returns and we get to see what May has to offer at lock. I would still push JFH to lock when Mez comes on to get more minutes from him.

Pretty much perfect for me but I'd leave Peachey out for Egan.

betcats

Referee
Someone said Maloney will be out. May isn’t ready to start at lock imo, he’s too small right now it changes our game too much. Has he even played there in reserve grade this year? I’ve seen him in the halves only.

Is Leota hurt?

betcats

Referee
Pretty much perfect for me but I'd leave Peachey out for Egan.

No way Peachey deserves to be left out. Egan can wait imo he can still get plenty out of reserve grade.

Edit: Peach isn’t going to be left out of a team that has Tyrone may starting at lock.

OldPanther

Coach
No way Peachey deserves to be left out. Egan can wait imo he can still get plenty out of reserve grade.

Edit: Peach isn’t going to be left out of a team that has Tyrone may starting at lock.

Realistic team. Not necessarily what I want.

1. Luai
2. Phillips/Aekins
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Merrin
9. Katoa
10. Tamou
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Egan/Peachey
15. Hetherington
16. CHN
17. Leota

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd go

Luai
Mansour
Blake
Whare
Phillips
Maloney
Cleary
Merrin
Katoa
Tamou
Kikau
Yeo
JFH
Peachey
CHN
Leota
Hetherington

I think we need the speed outwide and Phillips has been pretty good outside Blake but Aekins is good too.

NSW Cup will have an awesome team no matter how we go

Luai at fullback would change everything but is that a good thing with our halves still learning to play together? Its getting late in the year for this type of change

Copperhead

Juniors
I'd go with

1. Luai
2. Aekins
3. Blake
4. Whare
5. Mansour
6. Maloney
7. Cleary
8. Merrin
9. Katoa
10. Tamou
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. JFH
14. Peachey
15. CHN
16. Hetherington
17. Leota

If Maloney doesn't play, Luai to 6, Aekins to 1 and Philips to 2.

TheFrog

Coach
I'm happy as long as Yeo is captain. Hopefully he'll be our first ever 300 game player, what a man
Maloney will be captain if he plays. Yeo didn't get in the ref's face when we were being shafted in the first half. Refs don't respect young captains. Merrin would have been a better choice but its a bit late now.

mxlegend99

Referee
Someone said Maloney will be out. May isn’t ready to start at lock imo, he’s too small right now it changes our game too much. Has he even played there in reserve grade this year? I’ve seen him in the halves only.

Is Leota hurt?
No. I just went out of my way to fill the team without him in it.

Its a flip of a coin as to whether he's going to have a good game or a terrible one. Hetherington is similar but his good games are better for mine

Im not sure on May at lock either. But I would have JFH push to lock as he did earlier in the year. So May wouldn't need huge minutes.

franklin2323

Immortal
Luai at fullback would change everything but is that a good thing with our halves still learning to play together? Its getting late in the year for this type of change

We need as many attacking options as we can get. The fact he knows Cleary and Katoa's game helps. How many times do we throw it out the back and find a forward? A fast fullback will help there too

franklin2323

Immortal
No. I just went out of my way to fill the team without him in it.

Its a flip of a coin as to whether he's going to have a good game or a terrible one. Hetherington is similar but his good games are better for mine

Im not sure on May at lock either. But I would have JFH push to lock as he did earlier in the year. So May wouldn't need huge minutes.

Hetherington needs an offload or 2 to be assured of a FG spot. Next year he will be so good

TheFrog

Coach
Refs respect Jimmy hahaha nope he has an awful reputation with them
That decision was made a couple of months ago once Wallace was out. Nothing's happened to change it now, unless you want to destabilise the team. Maybe next year Yeo will be considered but he wouldn't be my choice. Great player does not always equal great captain and he's still a bit young.

That decision was made a couple of months ago once Wallace was out. Nothing's happened to change it now, unless you want to destabilise the team. Maybe next year Yeo will be considered but he wouldn't be my choice. Great player does not always equal great captain and he's still a bit young.
Maloney is a boot throwing pest. Being niggling merkin is a big part of his game and being captain takes this away. He isn't captaincy material

Is Leota hurt?

Maloney is a wait and see on how he responds to treatment.

On Leota. I don't know after last night but he did take a hand injury into the game.

martielang

Bench
Maybe I’m biased, but what’s Leota done to deserve being dropped? Granted he made a silly error but other than that I thought he was good again. Gets us on the front foot more often than not.

I think I’d go;

1. Aekins
2. Crichton
5. Mansour
6. Luai or Maloney if fit
9. Katoa
14. Peach

I think the rest picks itself. If Maloney is fit, I’d still go Aekins at the back but In saying that if Luai goes to 1, I wouldn’t be disappointed at all.

Latest posts