What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R19 vs Broncos

franklin2323

Immortal
Both needed to be dropped.

Shit Whare on the wing is a better option and no one rates him as a winger.

1. DWZ
2. Whare
3. Peachey
4. Blake
5. Mansour

This is probably our best bet if we arent allowed to put Aekins at fullback. May on bench as utility.

Any of our NSW Cup back 3 would be my pick barring that. Exactly as you named looks to be the safest bet allround.

franklin2323

Immortal
If it wins us games I'm all for it. Peachey will be very off defencively though not having played at centre all year I think Griffin will persist with Crighton though. Seems to like him.

Shouldn't matter the next few weeks but if either is on the wing come round 25 except that wing to get another bath

martielang

Bench
Arghhhhh the good old hindsight argument. Undefeated in all arguments.

If Phillips got destroyed on the wing, betcats would be sitting here saying what a dumb f**k Hook is for not picking Crichton. & what dumb f**k would pick Luai at fullback? Only 90% of the forum wanted him there.

betcats

Referee

If Phillips got destroyed on the wing, betcats would be sitting here saying what a dumb f**k Hook is for not picking Crichton. & what dumb f**k would pick Luai at fullback? Only 90% of the forum wanted him there.

Its not hindsight when I said before the game genius.

You just blindly defend everything hook does. Try and come up with an opinion that is youre own mate you might like it, f**king imbecile.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Can someone tell me why all the only kicks cleary does unless we are with 15m of the try line is put up bombs? Do we not value the clearing kick at Penrith? Cleary is putting up midfield bombs on our own 40m line ffs we are giving away 30m straight away. Find the grass, turn the back 3 around and put them under pressure.

Its coaching one way or the other. Either its a tactic that hook likes or cleary just osnt being told the right things. Consistently putting up midfield bombs from our own half is the most idiotic tactic.

martielang

Bench
Its not hindsight when I said before the game genius.

You just blindly defend everything hook does. Try and come up with an opinion that is youre own mate you might like it, f**king imbecile.

As Franklin said Crichton / Phillips was a 50 / 50 call. Hardly the reason we got our arse handed to us.

I'd be more worried if we were faultless with the ball, kept doing the exact same play & couldn't score. To me that's more a sign of a poor coaching performance & in fairness we have had a couple of those performances over the last couple years.

We were just terrible in every aspect across the park in that opening half. No coach would of saved us.

As Franklin said Crichton / Phillips was a 50 / 50 call. Hardly the reason we got our arse handed to us.

I'd be more worried if we were faultless with the ball, kept doing the exact same play & couldn't score. To me that's more a sign of a poor coaching performance & in fairness we have had a couple of those performances over the last couple years.

We were just terrible in every aspect across the park in that opening half. No coach would of saved us.
But a decent captain might have and yes I know Merrin and Ploddy Jim shouldn't need anyone to lead them at this stage.
The way our heads dropped after our first set was one of the most pathetic things I've seen from a football team. Zero heart and zero leadership out there

OldPanther

Coach

I wanted Phillips over Crighton before the game and I said Luai wasn't to blame for the Broncos game.

OldPanther

Coach
But a decent captain might have and yes I know Merrin and Ploddy Jim shouldn't need anyone to lead them at this stage.
The way our heads dropped after our first set was one of the most pathetic things I've seen from a football team. Zero heart and zero leadership out there

Yeah for the first time this year they gave up after something went wrong.

mxlegend99

Referee
I am still in favour of giving Peach a run on the wing.
I doubt he would be a great winger. But for all the issues Phillips and Crichton have it's a gamble I would support.

He's great at the dummy half runs atleast. Just a bit concerned about contesting kicks and knowing when to drop back for a kick.

martielang

Bench

Ploddy Jim was probably our best player. Merrin was meh.

I agree our attitude was out of whack but that's a rarity for our side. Even when we got dusted by the Roosters we hung in there & defended tough.

I think you're right about the Maloney & Yeo captaincy thing. But not sure taking the captaincy off the player most likely to have the biggest impact on the rest of our season is the way to go at the moment.

@OldPanther plenty of people wanted Phillips, plenty wanted Crichton. It was a 50/50.

OldPanther

Coach

I agree our attitude was out of whack but that's a rarity for our side. Even when we got dusted by the Roosters we hung in there & defended tough.

I think you're right about the Maloney & Yeo captaincy thing. But not sure taking the captaincy off the player most likely to have the biggest impact on the rest of our season is the way to go at the moment.

@OldPanther plenty of people wanted Phillips, plenty wanted Crichton. It was a 50/50.

Fair point

betcats

Referee

We have had Brisbane fans who have come in here and talked about how hook will always choose a big strong winger over a fast skilled one before. He disregards what the team needs, form, tactics and who the opposition is and just picks players that suit his particular style(which hasn't changed in 6 years). Its so amateur. If he picked Phillips you would've been here last week talking about how Phillips was the right choice, you don't actually think about it with an open mind, you just look for reason to justify what ever hook does.

And we were right in that game, our forwards were poking holes in the Brisbane line with every run, then cleary lands a bomb in goal and they go up the other end with 7 tackles and Crichton drops a pass that hit him in the chest and Maloney absolutely shits the bed and the game is over after 20 minutes.

TheFrog

Coach
Agree with this. Decisions of this nature already made need to be stuck with. Maloney will return to form sooner rather than later. The time for deciding on a captain is after Christmas.

We have had Brisbane fans who have come in here and talked about how hook will always choose a big strong winger over a fast skilled one before.
I treat what Bronco fans say about Griffin with a grain of salt. Everyone who leaves their precious club is washed up according to them.

OldPanther

Coach
Agree with this. Decisions of this nature already made need to be stuck with. Maloney will return to form sooner rather than later. The time for deciding on a captain is after Christmas.

I treat what Bronco fans say about Griffin with a grain of salt. Everyone who leaves their precious club is washed up according to them.

Everything they've said has since happened here as far as his coaching style goes.

tripster

Juniors
Everything they've said has since happened here as far as his coaching style goes.

Not everything. They used to complain that his teams lose games in the last 10 minutes (and we were the same in his first season and a fair bit of last year). Now we absolutely dominate second halves. I think it has taken time for the fitness regime to pay off. He has also gotten much better with his usage of the bench. Remember when we had that guy from super league here (can’t even remember his name) who wasted a bench spot for half the season?

franklin2323

Immortal
I doubt he would be a great winger. But for all the issues Phillips and Crichton have it's a gamble I would support.

He's great at the dummy half runs atleast. Just a bit concerned about contesting kicks and knowing when to drop back for a kick.

He likes to follow the ball. I doubt he'd be in a position on the wing. Like the Laui gamble I would see how it went a training

franklin2323

Immortal

I want speed in the backs. The problem is Phillips doesn't gain enough coming back with the ball. Crichton is too slow in other areas but with Luai fullback probably was preferred. I doubt we see him again