What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 Fri - ROOSTERS v STORM *Match Thread*

dice

Juniors
Bulldogs must be licking their lips after seeing what the Roosters pack achieved tonight.

KFC

Juniors
The Storm are flat track bullies.

When things get funky, like they did against Brisbane in last years GF they lose the plot.

Bloody good team never the less.

OVP

Coach
Timmah said:
The key for mine was the resting of Hoff and Geyer. They would've won with them on the field IMO.

Im lost for words. Is any man TRULY that stupid ? FFS Timmah, havent your parents disowned you by now ? By Christ you ARE DUMB.

p.s. thanks to all who contributed to this thread, its really been eye-opening in more ways than one. Sometimes people dont get to see the game, but reading a thread like this can give a great insight into whats happening on the field. While i did get to see the game, just reading all your posts made it almost as good as being there for the second time :) Thanks all, you guys who contribute to these threads (apart from the idiot Dog ... MattO's geniused child wannabe) made it great to to just re-live the moment. So thanks all, and cheers :)

Ice777

Bench
Congrtats to the Roosters on well deserved victory you totally outplayed us. There's no excuse whatsoever why we lost and it wasn't because we rested players. We've done that many times before and we still had the cattle to win and last night was no different. We put in a shocker, Roosters played some good footy and got the points.

I have to laugh at the people writing the Storm's premiership chances off after just one performance though. They obviously forget what the team has done in the other 16 wins and also forget that every other team in contention has put in their fair share of efforts this season like we did last night. I'm not saying we're a moral for the comp and i never have because ANY team can beat any other on any given night. But i think it's a bit stupid to say we can't still win the comp because of just one loss. No matter how good a team is they always put in a shocker now and then and we did last night.

As Salivor said, it won't hurt us one bit copping a loss and it'll give us a reality check at the perfect time of the season, IMO we'll learn a hell of alot more from it than if we had've won. Players can say as much as they like that they won't let complacency set it but that doesn't mean they won't let it and if they were complacent before last night then i think it's fair to say thay aren't anymore. I think it's exactly what we needed and while some people think it'll weaken us, in all honesty i think it'll make us stronger. Time will tell i guess.

Noa

First Grade
Well done to the Roosters they played well. It was the kick in the arse we need.

Whoever said we're flat track bullies is kidding themselves, we've only had a handful of games this year when we've dominated field and ball possession. You dont win those being a flat-track bully.

Ice777

Bench
innsaneink said:
A lot of other teams and coaches will learn from it as well

That's a fair call and you can look at it like that. But you can also say most other teams and coaches never learned much when your team smashed us. I'm tipping you won't see another Storm team this season put in a performance like last night. Whatever way you look at it we were pretty woeful last night.

fat_mike

Juniors
you guys were bad but the chooks didnt let you blokes dominate liek you usually do. key was the ruck. for the first time this year i saw my chooks dominate the ruck. getting numbers in the tackle, hitting hard and dominating. was superb to watch as a chook fan.

was still sh*ttin myself with 9 to go and we were up by 22, the season we've had it wouldn't have suprised me to see the storm run in 4 unanswered tries all under the sticks.

great to see some smart footy fromt eh chooks, getting back to that 02-04 mindset of simple completion, with big kick chase adn try to dominate and restrict in defence. well done chooks and king freddy.

f**king stoked

Noa

First Grade
Ice777 said:
That's a fair call and you can look at it like that. But you can also say most other teams and coaches never learned much when your team smashed us. I'm tipping you won't see another Storm team this season put in a performance like last night. Whatever way you look at it we were pretty woeful last night.

John Williams try showed how woeful our mental attitude was last night, no way is that scored in any other game this year.

Iafeta

Referee
A magnificent performance from Sydney Roosters, well played. I was baffled how they were running so low under Chris Anderson, any team that has the roster they have should not be out of the eight. Aside from the big names of Minichiello, Wing, Anasta, you've got a load of other players who've played some good footy at times in their career in Tupou, Monaghan, Harrison, Fitzgibbon, Nutley, Myles and load of great young talent in Kenny-Dowell, Pearce, Perrett, Paea, John Williams, Shillington, L'Estrange, Mitch Aubursson.

The style of play last night was dead on perfect from the Roosters, take the Storm out of the game in terms of their kick returns by putting them into the corners, or starting from a scrum. That's the script most teams should work on. Most teams should also work towards Anthony Quinn who is without a doubt the weak link in the Storm line up, to me he's grossly overrated and a bit of a liability.

The Chookies might smoke it into the 8 yet, and if they do I'd hate to be playing them in round 1... as I'm going to hate seeing my team up against them next week, if my mob get up against them with this sort of spirit I'll lay a lazy $5er on the premiership... The Warriors D though won't let up some of the soft tries that Melbourne let up last night. Make no bones about it, they are no certainties for the premiership... it'll be set up now, but won in September/October and as last night proved, there's a lot to do for all teams before then.

CrazyEel

Bench
That was very impressive and never mind Storm not playing well, the roosters were just too damn good and dominated them. Whatever Fittler has done to that team I'd sure like to have some of it. Congrats Roosters, awesome performance.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
On that Inglis tackle, i don't think he will have a problem, and there is no media coverage on it, but just imagine if it was 1 of the so called 'bad boys' putting on that shot, such as Gallen, Bird, and co. Bet there would be a media uproar and they would be getting a few weeks off