What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R20 Sat - DRAGONS v BULLDOGS *Match Thread*

CharlieF

Juniors
The video ref will be sacked from this game. It was a very disgraceful performance.

Bookmark this and let me know how I went with my prediction.

dragonfire

Bench
Timmah said:
It was not as clear as day you flipcake. If it was, the try wouldn't have been awarded. There was enough doubt in Sonny's favour for it to be awarded.

Enough doubt to favour the defender? The point was brought up in our forum that benefit of the doubt is suppose to go to the attacking team. On the live stream thought it was a definite penalty and was shocked Cummins didnt call it, on the slow motion it looked better for SBW. Either way Creagh should never have let the ball get stripped away. Last night as a game we shouldnt have lost but the Dogs were good enough to capitalise on two mistakes to steal a win from nowhere, and tothink i was so happy to have broken the drought against them :(

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
drake, there was enough execution of the strip itself to indicate that without Morrin, Sonny would have still made the strip successfully - Morrin was there more or less after the fact.

Consistently whinging about it after the game won't change it.

jimmythehand

Juniors
if laurie daley thinks it was a fair try against the dragons then that should be enough for anyone. There's no way Morrin was part of that tackle before the ball was out of Creagh's arms - every time I've seen a replay I've thought the same thing, not once did I think he played a part. There were no wrong calls that went against the Dragons. A couple of 50/50 calls that went the Dogs way but considering they were the attacking team that's the way it's meant to be.

C.P

Juniors
Amazing play from SBW. In all the complaints from people who think it shouldnt have been allowed i havent seen it mentioned where the entire Dragons forward pack stood around with their arms in the arms appealing to the ref and pointing instead of playing to the whistle and actually making an attempt to tackle SBW. Only 1 dragons player tried to tackle him.

One of those funny games, at 14-0 I thought for sure we were going to get pumped by 40. We just didnt seem switched on and the Dragons were making plenty of meters and breaks. But the Dogs hung in the game and took advantage where they could in the 2nd half so I guess you can say we played the 80. Goal kicking helped yet again, Haz is a wizard. Still not 100% on how we are travelling but as the saying goes 2 points is 2 points.

God-King Dean

Immortal
We f*cked it. Hazems try was bullsh*t but if we were good enough that would have won anyway.

I had a strong feeling we'd lose when Ryles put on a big hit then f*cked it by being a grub. Pretty much sums us up when we are playing well.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
SBW try was a deadset try, and only SBW would or could do it

El Masri try, wtf, deadset no try for about 19 different reasons

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
El Masri try, wtf, deadset no try for about 19 different reasons

What was the difference in the grounding between El Masri's try and McKinnon's first try against the Knights?

El Masri's looked far more convincing than Wade's that's for sure

C.P

Juniors
CharlieF said:
The video ref will be sacked from this game. It was a very disgraceful performance.

Bookmark this and let me know how I went with my prediction.

You asked Charlie and im happy to oblige, your prediction was rubbish (ref still in 1st grade this week as well before you ask)

North Queensland v Canberra
Saturday 4 August, 7:30pm
DAIRY FARMERS STADIUM, KIRWAN QLD
TIX > Cowboys.com.au
LIVE on FOX, ABC
LeagueUnlimited LIVE UPDATE

RefereeOrange.gif

TONY ARCHER
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy, Gerard Sutton; Video Referee: Tim Mander