What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R21 MNF - SHARKS v STORM *Match Thread*

brooksy19 said:
Melbourne are beatable.

That last drop goal told the story for the Sharks in 07, close but just not good enough in the end.

Melbourne are still getting away with a ridiculous amount of grapple tackle and markers not square, at least one per set. No wonder they can control the ruck and ultimately win 90% of their games. I'll say it now, they're a bunch of cheats.

A ridiculous amount of grapple tackles and calling them a bunch of cheats ???...keep on bleating.

:cool:

BWNB

First Grade
griffo346 said:
hey the loss of the sharks helps the panthers
need the sharks to lose this week and panthers win and where not on the bottom :D

Yea you are you would need to win by more than 100 to be better than us!

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
:whistle it's just me against the world baby (me against the world)
i got nothin to lose it's just me against the world
***It's "you and me againts the world".... Sung by some old tart***

Showing my age I 'spose.

lockyno1

Post Whore
That performance was ugly from Melbourne- but the thing is good sides know how to win UGLY. And that is a testemant of a great side. Also their best player- Cameron Smith was not there, he is crucial, Aubusson is just so slow out of dummy half and has no kicking game out of dummy half at all!

BWNB

First Grade
lockyno1 said:
That performance was ugly from Melbourne- but the thing is good sides know how to win UGLY. And that is a testemant of a great side. Also their best player- Cameron Smith was not there, he is crucial, Aubusson is just so slow out of dummy half and has no kicking game out of dummy half at all!

It was... but they are truely beatable from that peformance tonight...If we had our full compliment on the bench we might of just got there...
The Storm are beatable, i still believe they will win the final but if its not them it will be Parra.

lockyno1

Post Whore
BlacK_WhitE_N_BluE said:
It was... but they are truely beatable from that peformance tonight...If we had our full compliment on the bench we might of just got there...
The Storm are beatable, i still believe they will win the final but if its not them it will be Parra.

And if they had Smith they would have belted you..it is all a bunch of what if's...Melbourne were the better side and got dudded by the video ref as well!

Ice777

Bench
LESStar58 said:
ugly win.

We won't win the comp.

Jesus with supporters like you we don't need opposition fans writing us off :sarcasm:

While i totally agree it was an ugly win after and we're far from playing our best footy, to say we flat out won't win the comp 4 weeks out from the semis is a bit ridiculous IMO. I'm not saying we will win it, far from it, but i'm certainly not saying that we can't as i think we have just as much chance of winning it as about 5 or 6 other teams. If the finals were this week i'd probably agree that we couldn't take it out but we're still a month away from the semis and that's more than enough time to play ourselves back into form.

We obviously missed Cameron Smith's direction last night and with him back next week and picking our best possible team we can i have no doubt that we can turn our form around and take it into the finals. It's going to be a hard slog for us with games against the Broncs, Eels and Dogs coming up which will really really test us, but i'd much rather be playing those type teams with a genuine finals chance than ones with no chance at all as it'll be the perfect preparation for the finals.

With the comp so even it's going to be very tough for any team to win it and any team on the day can win it, but i certainly won't be writing off our chances completely just yet.

Noa

First Grade
Good effort by the Sharks.

Our problem at the moment is our forwards arent setting the tone from the kick-off, Cronulla got to the 1/2 way line on there first set and I knew we were in for a long night.

Im not top bothered by the score-line, Sharks have been competitve all year and had it all to play for last night.

Id like to see more passing at the line by ouur forwards, we seem to have gone away from that over the last few weeks when it was working really well for us.

I think we'll improve greatly agaisnt the Broncs this week-end and begin the run to the title.

skeepe

Immortal
Cronulla should have won. No way in the world Cronk's field goal should have stood, Ben Cross took out a Sharks player from pressuring the kicker.

As a side note, fair dinkum how dirty are the Storm when they're making tackles? I lost count of the amount of forearms Jeremy Smith dropped on the throats of tackled players, Matt King went straight for the neck every tackle he made (even tried to rip the blokes head off in the tackle he got penalised for), the constant facials that were not pulled up... deadset, they're a great team in attack and I love watching them with the ball in hand... but it's the bullsh*t they constantly pull in defence that makes me hope the cheats crash and burn.