What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R25 v Knights (Hunter)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2015new-thirdHRTG.jpg

1. Jake Mamo 2. Nathan Ross 3. Sione Mata'utia 4. Dane Gagai 5. Akuila Uate
6. Kurt Gidley 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Adam Clydsdale 10. Korbin Sims 11. Beau Scott 12. Tariq Sims 13. Jeremy Smith

Interchange: 14. Tyler Randell 15. Joseph Tapine 16. Chris Houston 17. Clint Newton

2015cby-main.jpg

1. Brett Morris 2. Curtis Rona 3. Josh Morris 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Sam Perrett
6. Moses Mbye 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Sam Kasiano 9. Damien Cook 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. Lloyd Perrett 15. Shaun Lane 16. David Klemmer 17. Tim Browne
19. Danny Fualalo

REF-LIME-2015-SQU150.jpg

Referees: Adam Devcich, Chris James
Sideline Officials: David Ryan, Jon Stone
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Daniel Irvine

Holden Cup Under 20's R25
SAT 3:15PM | Knights v Bulldogs @ Hunter Stadium

VB NSW Cup R25
FRI 7:00PM | Canterbury v Wests Tigers @ Belmore Sports Ground​

Timmah

Staff member
This or next week.

Interesting - Souths getting smashed tonight means we can be 4th by Saturday with a win over Newie, along with losses to Cronulla and Melbourne.

Crazy to think we were outside the 8 a few weeks back

Abz

Juniors
next year 30 points will be required to make the 8

hard to believe it was 24 a few years ago

Johnnie Red

Juniors
hodkinson has played his last game for the dogs

Thats going to hurt us bad. We have lost our only genuine goal kicker and we now have to rely on Reynolds and Mbye to do all the kicking in play.

Mbye really needs to develop a kicking game if he wants to command 800k per year, he has a long way to go judging by the weekends performance.

Timmah

Staff member
Sorry but I believe Lafai to be a better goalkicker than Hodkinson. I don't feel we've lost in that department, especially with Hokko's record this year?

I'm ok with losing him - it's not ideal but we have the cattle. Cook's kicking game is decent and he and Reynolds can switch roles when need be.

Agree about Mbye - he has potential but isn't fulfilling it at the moment.

Abz

Juniors
its just good that we have depth this time of the year as im sure we all remember 2001 when we lost anasta for the finals and had to rely on darren smith to play five eighth against the sharks and we all remember how that game went down

MarkC

Juniors
We have the depth to cover the loss.
If Hodkinson was available, he would definitely be in the team.
He is a better defender than Reynolds, but hopefully Reynolds can step up.
Lafai and MBye are OK coal kickers, at his best Hodkinson is better especially for clutch kicks.
But Hodkinson has been a bit of of form this year, we lose a bit, but not that much.
In terms of general play kicking, all of our kickers have struggled at various times.
MBye was ordinary against the Knights, but some of that was the pressure of being the sole kicker.
Again, I am not sure we lose much there.
At times the MBye / Reynolds combination has looked a bit disjointed and seem to struggle to control games, again I think we lose a bit here, but this is something we can work on.
The big plus is the running game, with Reynolds having a better running game, all of our spine players are now dangerous ball runners, that has to add something.
Does it all even out, or is there a net +ve or -ve?
I am not really sure, but we are still a chance, I still like our chances this year.

Latest posts