What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R95's Post Match Reviews: Round 1 vs. Tigers

Rabbits20

Immortal
Diego will never give Sam praise, been slagging him off for years, even though he was clearly the best forward for Souths tonight (Like he is nearly every game) His wife must fancy him or something
Correct.

Same as Goodwin.

He doesn't like either.

English Rose

Juniors
Sam is frustrating! He should be the best forward in the game easily. If he played like the back end of 2016 or 2014 he is a sight to behold. He runs over people, he inspires his teammates by playing injured, he puts fear into the opposition players through defence, he puts them off their game. He runs hard and creates momentum for guy's Like Isaac Luke or Dylan Walker to wreak havoc. When he plays like that he is worth every dollar and every bit of praise.
If we kid ourselves and say that tonight's performance was great from a million dollar player then we are in trouble. If Sam looks at himself in the mirror after tonight's game and says to himself 'I was great tonight' then we are in deep shit. I'm harsh on Sam because he is so good and needs to be so good. If we are happy for a player to flop into 30 tackles, take 3 god runs and half a dozen half hearted runs then we should have Just kept Tim grant, because grant arguably did better then Sam tonight. At least then we could have kept the other 4 players we lost when we got Sam back.

To be fair to you Diego a lot of what you have said here does make a lot of sense and I do tend to agree with you on most points you have made.
But no Sam wasn't brilliant tonight but he was still better than the rest of his pack. Sam Burgess playing at 50% is still probably better than the rest of the South Sydney forwards playing at 100% . Imagine if he got a season ending injury? The Bunnies would be in serious trouble

southsport

First Grade
It was a completely different side when Cook came on, he provided some spark, Farah to norths for mine but it won't happen.