What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs and Maguire part ways

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
My guess is he takes over at the Dogs, but i really hope he ends up on the Gold Coast...

Even before he was sacked, he would have been my no.2 choice (behind big Wango Bennett) for the Titans.

davi

Juniors
Early mail is ->

Seibold -> Souths
Pay -> Dogs
Maguire -> Titans
Hasler -> NSW

The jury is out whether Michael Maguire or Geoff Toovey can build a team from scratch. When they both took over Souths and Manly respectively there were a lot of pieces in place. Manly had won a grand final previously when Toovey took over. Maguire was successful in tinkering with the South Sydney line up, by moving Greg Inglis to fullback. Titans have talent on their roster though, so it wouldn't maybe need to be a complete start over like their doing at Newcastle.

yobbo84

First Grade
The jury is out whether Michael Maguire or Geoff Toovey can build a team from scratch. When they both took over Souths and Manly respectively there were a lot of pieces in place. Manly had won a grand final previously when Toovey took over. Maguire was successful in tinkering with the South Sydney line up, by moving Greg Inglis to fullback. Titans have talent on their roster though, so it wouldn't maybe need to be a complete start over like their doing at Newcastle.

From our 2014 grand final side the following players were either NYC, reserve grade or not at the club when Maguire took over: Johnston, Walker, Auva'a, Tuqiri, Keary, Reynolds, G.Burgess, T.Burgess, Koroisau, Te'o, Turner. He also moved Inglis to fullback, Sutton to the backrow, McQueen to the backrow, etc.

He took over a team that had Sam Burgess and Greg Inglis, and built the rest. It's disingenuous to say otherwise.

Finished the regular season 2 wins clear on the NSW Cup premiership table.....

So what? That is NSW Cup, not NRL level. Further look at what I said. Rip Taylor is not an established first grade coach. Mitchell Williams, Mitchell Cornish, Luke Sharpe nor Jayden Nikorima are established representative calibre players either. If you think they are, then you have some serious issues.

Fox Sports are reporting that at 10.30 am tomorrow, Souths will be announcing Anthony Seibold as their new First Grade Coach.

First Grade
Disagree. Our forward pack has been well balanced (other than George and Tom both undergoing significant surgeries at the same time). There haven't been many games this year we lost in the middle.

The real problem is GI not playing - he's the key to our whole attack and because he is on so much, outside him our depth has been horrible in the backs. We lost plenty of games out wide this year due to the nuffies we had to play there.

We've somewhat rectified this with the recruitment of Gagai and the progression of Johnston. We're still a back or two short though.

The problem has been retention & recruitment post 2014, not the coaching. If Madge is gone, so be it, but Shane Richardson should follow in 2018 if there's no immediate return to form.
lol if you think Gagai is going to fix your outside backs problem, be ready for more missed tackles than Inglis can eat pies.

Latest posts