What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs and Maguire part ways

davi

Juniors
WOW. Titans may not even consider Michael Maguire could be an excuse to avoid paying his high price figure. I don't blame the NRL to some extent for this, considering there is sale coming up and the NRL don't want to lock new prospective owners into over-expensive contract which they will get no input into the decision.

"The future of Maguire, who was said to be caught off guard by the Rabbitohs' decision to cut him loose, doesn't appear as bright in the immediate future despite interest from English Super League club Warrington.

It's understood the Titans are reluctant to pursue a coach who employs the similar hard nosed methods of ex-boss Neil Henry, meaning Maguire could be forced to bide his time if he decided to remain in Australia.

But with a resume which is highlighted by being South Sydney's drought breaker, opportunities are sure to present themselves."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...er-michael-maguires-exit-20170906-gyc2te.html

davi

Juniors
Am I the only one here praying for a Jason Taylor comeback?

For all the complaints on Jason Taylor he did lead South's to their first finals appearance in 17 years. The record he had at South's isn't great, but it's certainly better then other coaches they had (Craig Coleman, Paul Langmack etc).

Spot On

Coach
There's not too much wrong with the South's squad heading into 2018. New coach needs to get that squad into the 8. Madge brought through some good talent this year. Inglis will be back and if Adam Reynolds can sort his form and injuries out they should be pushing pretty hard for semi finals.

Sacking the coach and not turning the roster over means Seibold is expected to have success with what has been left.

SBD82

Coach
For all the complaints on Jason Taylor he did lead South's to their first finals appearance in 17 years. The record he had at South's isn't great, but it's certainly better then other coaches they had (Craig Coleman, Paul Langmack etc).
It's not hard to look good when you're being compared to langmack and Coleman.

ANTHONY SEIBOLD IS THE SEA EAGLES NEW MINISTER FOR DEFENCE
Jon Geddes, Manly Daily
November 24, 2015 4:10

ANTHONY Seibold is the man set to take the Sea Eagles into the eye of the Storm next season.

Manly’s new assistant coach, who will be in charge of the team’s defensive structures, has joined the club after four seasons working under Craig Bellamy at Melbourne.

Seibold said that Manly’s defence has to be a priority in the build-up to the 2016 campaign, along with an emphasis on mental toughness.

“In a lot of the key performance indicators for the 2015 season, Manly were in the bottom eight with regards to our defensive actions,’’ Seibold said

“We need to work really hard on our defence during the pre-season.”

He said some new structures have been put in place that will take time for the players to adjust to.

We need to put the players under some duress during the pre-season, whether that be with repeat effort conditioning or in the first contact,’’ he said.

Prior to becoming a coach Seibold played in the NRL with Brisbane and Canberra before having stints at the London Broncos and Hull Kingston Rovers in Super League.

“I was very selective in choosing who I wanted to be my assistants and one thing I wanted was for someone to come out of a system that was very strong defensively,’’ Manly head coach Trent Barrett said.

“He is very confident with the contact and he has got some really good philosophies with what he does.”

Barrett said every team that has won the NRL premiership for the past five to 10 years has been the best defensive side, with the probable exception being the 2005 Wests Tigers.

“You really need to base your game around your defence. I know we can attack, that won’t be a problem, but we have got to stop them as well. That’s Anthony’s role.”

Keep in mind we ended up -109 in 2016 when he was our defensive minister

Trololololololol

GongPanther

Referee
Rusty didn't like it when Madge said to him "Look Rusty,after you've won a premiership,that is it,there'll be no more GF wins for at least 10-15 years.That is the model of the salary cap".

Rusty smiled,turned,and walked away.

M2D2

Bench
Rusty didn't like it when Madge said to him "Look Rusty,after you've won a premiership,that is it,there'll be no more GF wins for at least 10-15 years.That is the model of the salary cap".

Rusty smiled,turned,and walked away.
Next on things that never happened.